What's new

Question - Venomous venomous mkxl

so venomous got a major nerf in the beta do to the fact that she does not build as much meter as she does in reg mkx. my question is how good you guys think she will be in mkxl if she stays the way she is in the beta?
and against what characters will you use her over swarm queen. I really do not have much experience playing against most of the cast so your opinion will be much appreciate

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
so venomous got a major nerf in the beta do to the fact that she does not build as much meter as she does in reg mkx. my question is how good you guys think she will be in mkxl if she stays the way she is in the beta?
and against what characters will you use her over swarm queen. I really do not have much experience playing against most of the cast so your opinion will be much appreciate
She's gonna stay the same as she is now. Her building less meter doesn't really change her gameplan of poking to death. Since the timer is 1:1 now, we can use her more defensively to run out the clock. As to what characters, I'm not sure.

She has her cancel block string back, that easily re stands & gives you all the time in the world to confirm. She's *one* of the most dumbest characters to fight on the beta right now. She got that nerf for a good reason the first time, don't know why they'd take away shinnok's block string, Kung Laos, make quan spend a bar for his block string, but give this bitch her bugged out block string that takes a bit of stamina. By the time you crack in 2 mix ups into spray cancels if they aren't hit already you get stamina back so fast, you can just rinse & repeat again. Plus with her range & how good her frames are on the beta, as soon as you engage with her it's just a plain display of hypocracy in the design of MKX (take out dumb block strings but let's give Devorah hers back in the beta & see what happens...)

Before the hive mind comes to attack me, I play more than half the cast & I'm unbiased with my opinion. Be mad or whatever, but I'm telling the truth...

She has her cancel block string back, that easily re stands & gives you all the time in the world to confirm. She's *one* of the most dumbest characters to fight on the beta right now. She got that nerf for a good reason the first time, don't know why they'd take away shinnok's block string, Kung Laos, make quan spend a bar for his block string, but give this bitch her bugged out block string that takes a bit of stamina. By the time you crack in 2 mix ups into spray cancels if they aren't hit already you get stamina back so fast, you can just rinse & repeat again. Plus with her range & how good her frames are on the beta, as soon as you engage with her it's just a plain display of hypocracy in the design of MKX (take out dumb block strings but let's give Devorah hers back in the beta & see what happens...)

Before the hive mind comes to attack me, I play more than half the cast & I'm unbiased with my opinion. Be mad or whatever, but I'm telling the truth...
wait are you talking about venomous? or SQ? are you saying sq run cancel have more advantage on block in the beta?

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
@STRYKIE told me its a universal change, chip damage doesn't do damage as it used to as well is doesn't build as much meter. But it seems, this affects characters with multi-hitting specials like Flame Fist's wps and Venomous bug spray. Tough the amount of meter building is inconsistent at times , it might be a bug (pun not intended)

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

Huh? Are you talking about Swarm Queen or Venomous?
She never lost the ability to cancel F112 into spray. In fact, you should be punishing her everytime she does that on block.
Also, it doesn't take stamina in Venomous to do spray. SQ cancels off F112 are still +12 so what are you talking about?

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem

So much misinformation in one post lol.

So much misinformation in one post lol.
Lol have you played the beta?

To the others I believe I'm referring to SQ. And no you can't punish it on block on the beta. Either it's not coming out in time (because I'm sure you should be able to armor out) or as I suspect in the beta they made that shyt dumb....

Also I just love how you all selectively skipped my point. This buggy bitch shouldn't have something so free when you're nerfing other characters for the same reason. Simple lol.

By the way I am talking about the beta which we all know is unfinished. So take this with a grain of salt...

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Lol have you played the beta?

To the others I believe I'm referring to SQ. And no you can't punish it on block on the beta. Either it's not coming out in time (because I'm sure you should be able to armor out) or as I suspect in the beta they made that shyt dumb....
f112 spray is a true block string if Venomous, there is no armoring out. Spray is -17 ex is -20

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Also I just love how you all selectively skipped my point. This buggy bitch shouldn't have something so free when you're nerfing other characters for the same reason. Simple lol.

By the way I am talking about the beta which we all know is unfinished. So take this with a grain of salt...
It's not free, it's +12. The same way it's been pre beta. Her only guaranteed options are S2 and d4. If you're getting hit by anything else, then you are making a bad read.

Huh? Are you talking about Swarm Queen or Venomous?
She never lost the ability to cancel F112 into spray. In fact, you should be punishing her everytime she does that on block.
Also, it doesn't take stamina in Venomous to do spray. SQ cancels off F112 are still +12 so what are you talking about?
I can punish the SQ cancel in the normal game, I'm saying it feels more plus in the beta. They nerfed her cancel before, it's back to the former glory. If it stays the way it is fine, but the entire point of what I'm saying, again, many other characters had their block strings toned down but for some reason devorah gets more + because devorah
f112 spray is a true block string if Venomous, there is no armoring out. Spray is -17 ex is -20

I guess you're skipping around my point again, the fact that it's a true block string is dumb, especially when other characters are getting nerfed for this very reason. Also I was mainly talking about SQ. If you think this is fair then by all means let it rock & give shinnok, Kung Lao their dumb block string back, oh & take away quan's nerf (spending meter for the block string to continue now) let's make em all dumb lol

PS: don't get it twisted or read with an attitude, I ain't mad I'm just saying what's fair is fair. Although dlc is about to violate the word "fair" in MKX lol

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I can punish the SQ cancel in the normal game, I'm saying it feels more plus in the beta. They nerfed her cancel before, it's back to the former glory. If it stays the way it is fine, but the entire point of what I'm saying, again, many other characters had their block strings toned down but for some reason devorah gets more + because devorah

I guess you're skipping around my point again, the fact that it's a true block string is dumb, especially when other characters are getting nerfed for this very reason. Also I was mainly talking about SQ. If you think this is fair then by all means let it rock & give shinnok, Kung Lao their dumb block string back, oh & take away quan's nerf (spending meter for the block string to continue now) let's make em all dumb lol

PS: don't get it twisted or read with an attitude, I ain't mad I'm just saying what's fair is fair. Although dlc is about to violate the word "fair" in MKX lol
This is a thread specifically about Venemous though, you know that's why people get confused about you talking about SQ.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

The venomous block string was her buff last patch. I already told you spray on block is always punishable no matter how long they hold it. Also you could never punish f112 wasp cancel unless the player messes up or is doing another string that isn't S2. It's her only true block string in that variation.

The venomous block string was her buff last patch. I already told you spray on block is always punishable no matter how long they hold it. Also you could never punish f112 wasp cancel unless the player messes up or is doing another string that isn't S2. It's her only true block string in that variation.

again I wasn't talking about venomous, the other guy already pointed out to me this isn't a devorah thread it's a venomous thread; in which I already apologized for the confusion. But with the thread aside it's unfathomable how you missed my point that she shouldn't have such a dumb true block string (in any viaration) when other characters have been getting theirs nerfed. I don't know how you're missing that every time I say it but it's ok lol. It's just a game anyway, have a good day bro.