What's new

UPDATED Top 5 MKX Players - Based off Results & Opinion. King delivers the boot

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I bet you don't even know who played at VSM or who are the best European players other than Foxy, the twins, Madzin and Nivek.

I don't even think that most of Yomi guys are better than some good European players....Yomi is a dominant force in tournaments just because they have a ton of players, it's hard to not place with their numbers.

USA is overrated really, the top 5-6 players are amazing... but the rest is not impressive
Well, fair or not, we don't know about those people because they either don't travel or they are consistently beaten by their region's top players.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
this thread went from tropicana to koolaid. WHERES THE JUICE!
I don't enjoy video games anymore, I enjoy very few at my age but in fact in past 7 years I've bought 5 games

1. Mk9
2. MKX
3. Inj
4. Gow trilogy
5. Inquisition
Technicality : ps4 came w that one cool game w the little girl who died/zombies (last of us)

I really like competition and fighting games and have lucked out finding character kenshi and ZOD. Somewhere between mk3 and today I became a character loyalist. I have no idea why but I did and can't break away from it
gears of war? You gonna get UE?

Matix218

Get over here!
This may be Pages too late but wasn't it also Kings first time in Vegas after turning 21? Shit I'd probably not do well either
No offense to king but given that he already got bodied by alcohol at his last major before Evo you would think he would not want to go down that same path at the biggest tournament of the year (and biggest mk tournament of all time for that matter). You can drink anytime but he was at evo to try to win, his priority should have been the tournament not getting sloshed. Fyi I don't even know if king was drinking at evo or not but if he was thats his bad and no excuse for him not placing and I'm sure he would agree.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I wish F0xy would stop being so humble about his EVO placing when defending Europe. For the most part he played and trained exclusively in Europe and then literally walked through EVO to the grand finals like it was nothing, dropping only ONE game before Fox. He 2-0'd and 3-0'd everyone else, including some of the undisputed best players in the world. Ketchup, while not walking through like F0xy, is another European who secured a top 8 spot and had to face some very serious competition on his way. Whether some people admit it or not, there's no denying that the European competition is up to par if these guys trained there and then confidently made top 8 at EVO.

But who cares it's just Europe and the scene is not as well known so that obviously means America are better.
:DOGE

Last edited:

infamy23

FireBeard
I wish F0xy would stop being so humble about his EVO placing when defending Europe. For the most part he played and trained exclusively in Europe and then literally walked through EVO to the grand finals like it was nothing, dropping only ONE game before Fox. He 2-0'd and 3-0'd everyone else, including some of the undisputed best players in the world. Ketchup, while not walking through like F0xy, is another European who secured a top 8 spot and had to face some very serious competition on his way. Whether some people admit it or not, there's no denying that the European competition is up to par if these guys trained there and then confidently made top 8 at EVO.

But who cares it's just Europe and the scene is not as known as the American one so it's hard to jude F0xy's accomplishments over there and obviously that means Europe is not as good as America.

I think the point is that regardless of how good the competition in Europe is, the undisputed best player in the world does not compete in European tournaments, which makes 1st place kind of... less impressive.

If SonicFox lived in the UK, how many 1st place finishes do you think Foxy would have gotten?

He may very well be the 2nd best player in the world, but I think it's kind of obvious that his 1st place European finishes don't hold as much weight as they would if he competed in the US.

Dean

On The Grind
I honestly cannot possibly understand this logic, THE DUDE HAS BEEN PLAYING SHINNOK IN ALMOST EVERY TOURNAMENT AND THEY BUFFED HIM AND HE ALREADY PLAYS AS HIM HOW TF IS THAT HIS FAULT, caps so maybe you can finally understand.
Bro.. Let me help you actually.

It doesn't matter to me if he has played Shinnok since day 1.

Why? You may ask. Well, I'll tell you.

Your argument only furthers my belief on why Cowboy isn't top 10 in my book.

Cowboy, on skill alone, didn't win shit.

Cowboy, using a broken character, won something.

See, do you understand?

Cowboy hasn't won anything without a broken character in his pocket..

I truly believe his recent accomplishments were more about the Broken character, than it was about the player.

Until he wins something without the aide of a broken character, I wouldn't put him near the top 5.

I hope to see him wim without a broken character and prove many of us wrong. Def want anyone with aspirations to be a top player, find that success.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I think the point is that regardless of how good the competition in Europe is, the undisputed best player in the world does not compete in European tournaments, which makes 1st place kind of... less impressive.

If SonicFox lived in the UK, how many 1st place finishes do you think Foxy would have gotten?

He may very well be the 2nd best player in the world, but I think it's kind of obvious that his 1st place European finishes don't hold as much weight as they would if he competed in the US.
SonicFox is not the one discrediting Europe though. My post was aimed at other people (no names to be said) who will automatically discredit the region and players like Madzin despite the fact that European competition has proven itself to be up to par.
What's even more insulting is that certain people discredit the region despite not knowing absolutely anything about the scene's tournaments or players.

Last edited:

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise

See, do you understand?

I truly believe his recent accomplishments were more about the Broken character, than it was about the player.

Until he wins something without the aide of a broken character, I wouldn't put him near the top 5.

I hope to see him wim without a broken character and prove many of us wrong. Def want anyone with aspirations to be a top player, find that success.
If BS Shinnok is more broken then Ivan Ooze, then why don't you just pick him up and go to a tourney and mop everyone up?

WATCHD0G

Noob
Let's take a look at my tournament results and see how you guys compared. I'm not going to include DJT nor MIT because I personally would rank them higher than myself anyways.

Toryuken
Mike - N/A
King - N/A
REO - 4th
HoneyBee - 1st

ECT
Mike - 13th
King - 7th
REO - 5th
HoneyBee - 9th

The Break
Mike - 3rd
King - 9th
REO - 5th
HoneyBee - 5th

Next Level
Mike - 7th
King - 5th
REO - 3rd
HoneyBee - 4th

X Battles
Mike - 5th
King - 9th
REO - 7th
HoneyBee - 3rd

CEO
Mike - 9th
King - Dead last
REO - 3rd
HoneyBee - 7th

EVO
Mike - 17th
King - 65th?
REO - 17th
HoneyBee - 3rd

I understand that you guys have competed in much more tournaments than myself or the rest of the community in general so you have more placings and more opportunities to place but if we're gonna compare tournament results that we both attended, I'm certainly more consistently in the top. Out of you three, I only see REO as arguably having better results but I beat him at the major I won, outplaced him significantly at EVO, and I'm up 3-1 on him in tournament sets, so I think that's enough to push me past him.

My top 5 are:

1) SonicFox
2) Foxy
3) DJT
4) MIT
5) HoneyBee

If you honestly think Foxy doesn't deserve to be Top 5, you're incredibly ignorant.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
No offense to king but given that he already got bodied by alcohol at his last major before Evo you would think he would not want to go down that same path at the biggest tournament of the year (and biggest mk tournament of all time for that matter). You can drink anytime but he was at evo to try to win, his priority should have been the tournament not getting sloshed. Fyi I don't even know if king was drinking at evo or not but if he was thats his bad and no excuse for him not placing and I'm sure he would agree.
But it was Vegas.
Not making excuses just explaining

SinkFla

Noob
Don't know if anyone has made this suggestion yet, but would anyone wanna make a pot the community could chip into to get this going? Even though it still probably wouldn't happen lol. Do it for the salt.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs

But who cares it's just Europe and the scene is not as well known so that obviously means America are better.
I think I might create a few alt accounts just so I can like this more.

As far as I'm aware the game in the US is the same as in the EU. Writing off the EU players because they don't play the 20+ strong YOMI crew, SF, Honeybee or any other top US/Canadian player once a month is just plain stupid. They've obviously played with enough decent players and trained hard enough to enter US tournaments and beat a fair amount of players off the pedestals some people place them on.

Hades

Noob

See, do you understand?

Do you understand fighting games at all? Is the character a little to good? Sure yeah he needs to be toned down but broken? What the hell are you talking about? He's easy to play and probably doesn't lose many match ups but he is nowhere near broke, no one is in this game.

Why are people comparing easy to use to broken? and if he's so broke why aren't shinnoks mopping everyone up at tournaments? Simple his games easy to learn and it's straightforward but the character isn't this ridiculously OP pile of shit he's being made out to be.

Anyway give me a few reasons why you think he's so broke...

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
Lmfao, this is some baby-back limp dick bullshit Wound is pulling right now. You do NOT get to talk all this shit, tell a man he's free, tell him you can beat him without issue, puff yourself up like a fucking blowfish, and then scurry off into the corner and piss yourself like a startled chihuahua the moment he calls your bluff. That is 100% cowardly and bitch-made and I could not be more embarrassed for how terribly this reflects on you right now. I have full confidence King will tear you to pieces in a FT10 and I find it hilarious that you suddenly shut the fuck up when he started bringing more matches and more money into the picture. How sad. I'll have a cry for you tonight.

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
Europe has some amazing players. But everytime read someone comparing USA and Europe I think of Pig smacking Foxy in the ESL Finals tournament and pulling out a sneaky USA flag out of nowhere in the pop off.