What's new

UPDATED Top 5 MKX Players - Based off Results & Opinion. King delivers the boot

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
thats the most rediculous thing i've ever heard in my life even if it is your opinion... MIT for whatever reason ppl like to overlook him as a shadow to DJT.. I live right by both of them and have played many times with them in MK9 MKX even things like SF4 GGXRD etc... MIT is by no means all hype. He is one of the best players in the community. if you doubt me then play him in any NRS game. Him and DJT are VERY close in terms of skill. i think denzell has the edge on the only 1 thing of he gets flustered a little easier. Even that doesn't happen often. I'm really tired of seeing him being put to the side due to him being the younger of the two.. he's won multiple locals here against his brother. Don't Sleep on MIT or put his successfulness / skill as a player down unless you've played him.

@YOMI MITYEAP mad respect to you my man don't listen to uneducated haters
agreed - MIT is God tier

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
thats the most rediculous thing i've ever heard in my life even if it is your opinion... MIT for whatever reason ppl like to overlook him as a shadow to DJT.. I live right by both of them and have played many times with them in MK9 MKX even things like SF4 GGXRD etc... MIT is by no means all hype. He is one of the best players in the community. if you doubt me then play him in any NRS game. Him and DJT are VERY close in terms of skill. i think denzell has the edge on the only 1 thing of he gets flustered a little easier. Even that doesn't happen often. I'm really tired of seeing him being put to the side due to him being the younger of the two.. he's won multiple locals here against his brother. Don't Sleep on MIT or put his successfulness / skill as a player down unless you've played him.

@YOMI MITYEAP mad respect to you my man don't listen to uneducated haters
Someone criticized me/thing I like/Person I like, THEY'RE A HATER.
Thanks DSP.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Educating, the uneducated.. Don't put someone down if you have no backing to it. and i did acknowledge that it was his opinion he has every right to it. Quit trying to be a fucboi :coffee:
Right, He's entitled to his opinion but then again if he expresses it he's trash. Well shit me.

coolwhip

Noob
They are for sure. I don't know if you seen the reasoning I gave earlier in the thread. Honestly I don't think anyone in the world could win a Yomi local besides Sonic
Well then, people should start travelling the Atlanta and ignore those meaningless majors :p

coolwhip

Noob
I would have loved to see a FT10 for more money but both guys agreed to a FT5 for $100 so maybe we should stop trying to change the rules when Cowboy has already made a take it or leave it proposal that King accepted.

Let's take what we can get.

Sonic Fox
2/3 f0xy/DJT
4 MIT
5 Honeybee

I personally enjoy watching Honeybee better. I could be wrong, has @YOMI MITYEAP even missed a top 8 at any major? I feel as if people always down play him just cause DJT is always ahead of him. MIT plays completely consistent.

@Pig Of The Hut is a personal favorite for being a Loyalist and doing well with with all three variations as counter picks.

Sonic is the clear one, f0xy and DJT are head to head for 2/3 as they are godlike in their own right and same for MIT and Honeybee at 4/5.

@FOREVER KING has great points but very invalid ones too. I would hope YOMI would always be in top 8 considering you're 75% of the big names in majors. You also spend all your time playing MKX so it's only right. I respect your game as a player but not that your character is always who is broken this month.

Wound Cowboy IMO shouldn't have such big talk tho either he's good but to win one major and to boast as if he's godlike is wrong to me. Fox would have pussy whipped him lol.

I'd put my money on King. He wants it more and truthfully regardless if he loses in his top 8s and regardless if he is winning majors he's there everytime and I think is a better all around player.

Besides placing second at evo and winning euro esl what has foxy won? No doubt hes a great player, I'm not downplaying his skills at all. But DJT won CEO and X Battles which was super stacked, placed second at ECT and EGL in dallas. Overall he has more actually wins and more top places then foxy, which may very well have to do with participating in more touraments then foxy, but it has to count for something. DJT has also beat sonicfox in tournament, something Foxy has failed to do.
so you are saying eu tournaments do not count?

coolwhip

Noob
lol non sequitur much?
It's not. This is a website about competitive gaming, so yeah, people are going to boast about their placing, and therefore, the money they've made playing the game. It's not like they're arguing how much they make in real life. Money in this case is a reflection of them being good at the game. Or is it too PC to trash talk and gloat about going to tournaments and placing well on a website dedicated to just that?

The event he didn't win, which he very well could have won if Sonic Fox wasn't there. And that's the problem with comparing wins and prize dollars.

That event is also one out of 3 events he attended here. And the other two were far from -- breezed through. Yet he's never missed a grand finals in the EU. I think the difference in difficulty of winning it all is entirely clear from the facts.

Rate of making grand finals in the EU -- 100%
Rate of making grand finals in the US -- 33%

Percentage of events won in UK -- 60-70%
Percentage of events won in UK -- 0% (0/3)
thought foxy bodied denzell

B W1zZ

Noob
In the current patch I'll say cowboy over King (Shinnok is broken). If Shinnok gets nerfed before they play then idk, they are both solid players and will be hype to watch regardless.

Fuck a top 5 list you all suck.

Also in my opinion, BS (Bullshit lol) Shinnok carried some weight at EGL, and people in this thread putting Zyphox in their top 5-10 lists or even saying he needs more props need a serious reality check.

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite
It's not. This is a website about competitive gaming, so yeah, people are going to boast about their placing, and therefore, the money they've made playing the game. It's not like they're arguing how much they make in real life. Money in this case is a reflection of them being good at the game.
You can boast about placing all you want. However, that doesn't change the fact that making statements about your money come off as crass, regardless of whether you made the money playing a game or in "real life" (which, unless they are getting paid in Monopoly money at fgc tournaments, aren't different at all).
Or is it too PC to trash talk and gloat about going to tournaments and placing well on a website dedicated to just that?
That is a red herring if I've ever seen one, nice try though, playing the PC card will surely win you a few likes.

DJT is the only player to have a winning record over Sonic in tournament, and this was before EGL as well. However as much as i want to put DJT 1st then Sonic i cant because Sonic won EVO and that means more. So id say Sonic, DJT, then a tossup between Honeybee, MIT, and Foxy. MIT is so slept on its sick.