What's new

Guide - Kenshi ***UPDATED 8-16-16 *** Pig of the Hut's Kenshi MU thread

Lokheit

Noob
But Pig!! All this work and you will have to make a new MU Chart 18 days from today when our blind hero becomes S tier!!

At least this will be kept in the annals of history to remind us how deserving Lord Kenshi will be of his new position as a god walking amongst mere S+ tiers and paladin of the enduring players.

I agree, Kenshi's design is flawed (you can't have SO MANY moves that you can't use under any circumstance if you want to win and his main tools fail to deliver at the level of the rest of the cast) but at least there are ways to fix him se there is hope... if there is indeed a new patch.

Some others have no hope at all unless NRS takes the time to rework them from zero (every single time they tried to improve Unbreakable they added something that didn't address his problems and instead created mutiple personality crisis for the poor variation).

With Cryomancer and Kenjutsu being the 2 variations I've played the most by far since day 0, I have all my hopes on August 23 and I keep lying to myself into believing it's going to happen.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I more don't understand how Kenshi does so well vs Takeda overall. What's the reasoning behind that?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
How the mighty have fallen. Kenshi, Kung Lao and Cyrax met their demise in MKX. I do believe all three of them will somehow end up in S tier, if not Cyrax and Kung Lao, Kenshi will for sure. How does a character, even after so many buffs stay garbage?
When your design is that bad it's super rough to fix which is why he is what he is after 15 buffs

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I more don't understand how Kenshi does so well vs Takeda overall. What's the reasoning behind that?
Me neither, honestly. I don't see it as a 5-5...

I'm sure Pig has reasons for those numbers, though. But I think it's in Takeda's favor. Not as much as pre march buffs, because the parry plays an important role now in the matchup and gives Kenshi a little bit of breethe (for example he can punish Takeda's Tornado attack -safe on block- with a parry) but still...

It's hard for me to label as a 5-5 matchups where the opponent can full combo punish on reaction any whiffed teleflurry, anywhere on the screen, when they have meter. It limits a lot your ability to control the space, which is bad enough by itself :/

TKB

Noob
How does every variation of kenshi go even with or beat Takeda but he loses to BRC? Serious question.