What's new

UPDATE: Notes gathered from NRS's demonstration stream.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I enjoyed the stream. The game is coming along nicely, and some of the tech I saw looks awesome, especially with the different variations. Quan Chi's warlock variation is going to be crazy with mix-ups. I really hope Kenshi is the next announced character as well.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, so watched the YT uploads. Thanks!

Few things:

-One BIG concern I had has been answered, thank you NRS! Initially since wake ups are not as good as MK 9's, I had wondered wouldn't corner pressure be too much in this game? Well, apparently you can meter burn out of the corner a few ways they said(one of them they showed leaping off the wall) THANK GOD! all I have to say lol. It will cost you a bar of meter and stamina but shit it's worth it if someone traps you early on especially in the corner.

-Sub-Zero is already better much better than MK 9 no doubt about it, parries that freeze and you can hit them as you wish not an automatic freeze and hit like MK vs. DC and MK9 cyber sub=going to be annoying. It also means you gotta respect that style and think before you rush him down. His EX freeze ball>>>>all other projectiles, that is going to be key for zoners who like to keep Sub far. Keeping an eye on his meter indeed.

-Kotal Kahn will be interesting in a strategic way more so I believe than others with those totems the mind games and his sun god style that beam that hurts you, but heals him will be interesting.

-Quan Chi I believe in the hands of a smart player will be dangerous, when to use that armor spell circle say after a knockdown near or in a corner? yeah....now I think I'm going to totally main him as a top 4 guy in my arsenal. Plus I like his Sindel like skull fireballs too :)

-Kano, ok I think I'm going to main him as top 3 guy no doubt. As a zoning player and someone who likes to keep people far he looks GREAT for this, his control over the air game and keeping people far looks good. And they even said you don't have to rely on fancy combos either. This has me excited. Plus normal cannon ball, AA diagonal cannon ball, dropping down one from air again and fast knive throws with AA eye beams? Yeah...I likey, sign me up!

-Scorpion's JK, air combos into spear look easy and fun. Will main him again as well in my top 4 no doubt.

-Nothing new much on Raiden, I'm convinced Raiden will require more practice then other characters no doubt but I plan on using him as well as his displacer and Master of Storms/Stormlord variation looks great for zoning and trapping.

-Few other notes, Cassie's air throw can be ex/mb either way one bar of use able to juggle you further is cool.

-D'Vorah's pokes have serious reach/range...damn. Looks like and overall annoying and fast character to deal with. She seems more rushdown.

-Torr I laughed at his grunts lol, but still looks slow.

-Kano's fatality is MINDBLOWING! :p loved that pun.

-Kano's fatality and Scorp's looked more polished, more guts coming out than before hehe they both looked GORgeous...get it? GORE? hahahahaha!!!:cool:

I don't like the MB throw to set up 50/50 mixups. This automatically grants advantages to characters with superior normals.
I also believe due to this being such a powerful component, there's really no need for extra resets in this game.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Yes, I know this. But in MK9 even armored moves and X-Rays with armor could be stuffed and meter drained. It was a glitch.
Yes I know. The meter drain glitch was when an armor move was attempted, the meter drains but the move never comes out.

The move you pointed out clearly came out and I think it's safe to say that move wasn't designed to have armor. It's like Kano meter burning his knife throw and yelling the meter burn glitch is back when he gets hit before he releases the knife.

Meter drain glitch is a bad and scary word for this community. Don't yell out 'fire!' in the movie theatre unless you know for sure there is one.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yes I know. The meter drain glitch was when an armor move was attempted, the meter drains but the move never comes out.

The move you pointed out clearly came out and I think it's safe to say that move wasn't designed to have armor. It's like Kano meter burning his knife throw and yelling the meter burn glitch is back when he gets hit before he releases the knife.

Meter drain glitch is a bad and scary word for this community. Don't yell out 'fire!' in the movie theatre unless you know for sure there is one.
If it's in there again though in MK X, it may not be a glitch. Maybe NRS wants certain moves to stuff out certain moves on start up frames? Unless you're referring to the meter part being drained and no move comes out. I agree THAT has to be fixed. I'm sure you're excited about Scorpion, I am :) he looks like a lot of fun. One thing I'm surprised they didn't give him in any variation/style is his hell kick. He had it in MK DA, MK D, MK A, MK vs. DC and Injustice but not in MK 9 or MK X(I mean as a special move, MK 9 he only had it as part of a chain combo)

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

The move did not come out. For all I know it could have been EX Ball which appears to have armor. I'd rather say something now than wait till the game comes out and have a dumb glitch that they can't fix with a patch.

I hope I'm wrong, but might as well mention it so it can be looked into...

Edit: Actually, a move did clearly come out so it wasn't the glitch... my bad.

Last edited:

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
The move did not come out. For all I know it could have been EX Ball which appears to have armor. I'd rather say something now than wait till the game comes out and have a dumb glitch that they can't fix with a patch.

I hope I'm wrong, but might as well mention it so it can be looked into...

Unless I'm looking at another thing than you are, the move clearly comes out. Looks like an enhanced grab.

I agree that it doesn't hurt to mention it. It existed in MK9 and somewhat in Injustice which was fixed. So hopefully it doesn't pop up again cause it was a game killer.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Unless I'm looking at another thing than you are, the move clearly comes out. Looks like an enhanced grab.

I agree that it doesn't hurt to mention it. It existed in MK9 and somewhat in Injustice which was fixed. So hopefully it doesn't pop up again cause it was a game killer.
It was in the match where dude says "This is for real... I don't want to talk to you, I don't want to look at you..." At 85 on the round time, Kotal d1's Kano out of some sort of EX move.

It could definitely be a command grab or knife throw so nobody should be freaking out.

Game looked like fun, I was genuinely enjoying watching these 2 guys go at it. Especially the sub-zero vs scorpion match. Game is also beautiful, even at 480p that forest looked absolutely gorgeous. Barring some unfortunate revelation regarding the game, ill probably be picking this up when it drops in April. Haven't bought an MK since deadly alliance but I loved injustice so ill give NRS other fighter a shot.

trufenix

bye felicia
I don't like the MB throw to set up 50/50 mixups. This automatically grants advantages to characters with superior normals.
In what way? That's like saying throws in general automatically grants advantages to characters with superior oki or that launchers grant advantages to characters with superior damage.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
In what way? That's like saying throws in general automatically grants advantages to characters with superior oki or that launchers grant advantages to characters with superior damage.
A universal move that gives 50/50 does this. One character may have slower attacks that you can see coming and block on reaction and another character may have faster or similar moves that are mixups that are difficult to block on reaction. This gives a significant advantage to the universal MB throw right?

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
A universal move that gives 50/50 does this. One character may have slower attacks that you can see coming and block on reaction and another character may have faster or similar moves that are mixups that are difficult to block on reaction. This gives a significant advantage to the universal MB throw right?
Wouldn't that just mean some characters would be wise to use meter on MB Throws and some would be wise to spend meter elsewhere?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I think this would only be an issue against an character that has safe 50/50's that aren't easily fuzzyable. Like batgirl. If you're fighting someone like MK9 quan, you can guard low, and then react to the slow overhead which is full punishable on block if he goes for trance. Hopefully we don't have batgirl situations. Or at least, if there are characters that get safe 50/50's, hopefully they don't get significant damage, and they don't get to save meter a lot.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Wouldn't that just mean some characters would be wise to use meter on MB Throws and some would be wise to spend meter elsewhere?
Remember our concern about Clash messing with the momentum of the match in Injustice? That turned out to be fine.
I'm just concerned is all.

cyke_out

Noob
Nothing exists in a vacuum. There is nothing wrong with the idea of a MB throw leading to standing reset. But until we see how each character uses meter, the speed and power of their low and overhead combo starters, the damage of their combo's before the throw... we won't really know if MB'ing a throw is something to worry about.