What's new

Tech - Sektor Up Rock is Back and Better Than Ever

E

Eldriken

Isn't this just like Scorpion's minion grab or something? A projectile that grants a combo? It's obviously good but not pitchfork worthy. Maybe if it was unblockable, but c'mon.
It has so much hit advantage on it that you can trade from full screen after being knocked down and still have enough time to get up and run full screen to combo them. That's...a bit excessive. Tremor didn't get that.

Is it broken? Maybe. Is it stupid? Yep.

I think they should have just made Tremor's Up Rock a mid and left it at that. That or Sektor is gonna wind up getting nerfed.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
so can they break armour and literally kill you when you try to wake up? i like the fact that i got blown up by a full combo even though i managed to get in. Still gotta find a way around.

Classic TYM in this thread lol.. If you get hit with a 52 frame mid that he can't cancel into safely you need to hold that 28% he gets off the conversion.. Tremors had way better tracking, was overhead, more plus I believe , faster, less recovery and I believe he got more damage off of it in addition to the tools he already had.. Does Ermacs soul ball need nerfing as well? You guys should hit the lab and put his toolset into perspective before posting, this shit is starting to get disappointing..

FOXSOLID

Noob
I'm gonna go ahead and state that I read the thread title to the melody of the Hess Truck Toy commercial that comes on for xmas.

That is all.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ermac needs the soul fireball. Without it he'd be utter shit. lol the main difference between Ermac's projectile and Sektor's(aside from speed) is Ermac's was always meant to stun from day one...for a free hit.

Last edited:

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I didn't watch the video because I am in class, so if you touched on this Reo I apologize.

You only have to block the first hit of up missiles. If the first hit is blocked, the other two won't hit you. Might be able to armor? I didn't thoroughly test.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I didn't watch the video because I am in class, so if you touched on this Reo I apologize.

You only have to block the first hit of up missiles. If the first hit is blocked, the other two won't hit you. Might be able to armor? I didn't thoroughly test.
The video is about up rockets landing from full screen and Sektor being able to convert into a full combo. In regards to the corner, yes you can armour out.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
NRS's testers are fine, this isn't even that big a deal...

I'm gonna go ahead and state that I read the thread title to the melody of the Hess Truck Toy commercial that comes on for xmas.

That is all.
lol

Last edited:

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I think the frustration is because the same type of attack was just recently nerfed on Tremor, hence the title. Not that it's too powerful.
Alright I can understand Tremor players being kinda upset then. But there are people in this thread though saying the Sektor missiles grant too much advantage on hit. I just looked up some other blockable, meterless full screen projectiles that grant advantage on hit just to compare.

Sektor missile +43
Quan trance +46
Scorp spear +56
Scorp minion +69
Ermac soulball +88
Subzero ice ball +114
Triborg's other variants;
Smoke trident +68
Cyrax Net +107

Seems fair to me as it is but maybe i'm missing something?

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Alright I can understand Tremor players being kinda upset then. But there are people in this thread though saying the Sektor missiles grant too much advantage on hit. I just looked up some other blockable, meterless full screen projectiles that grant advantage on hit just to compare.

Sektor missile +43
Quan trance +46
Scorp spear +56
Scorp minion +69
Ermac soulball +88
Subzero ice ball +114
Smoke trident +68
Cyrax Net +107

It's all relative I guess. I see people saying it's unfair that you can trade with Sektor and he still has enough time for a full combo, but several other characters can do this also. Your list is a good example. Scorpion can land combos from minion trades, Ermac from soulballs, Cyrax from nets, and Sub Zero from ice balls.

I don't think REO made this thread for any other reason than making fun of the fact that Sektor has what Tremor lost. It honestly seems like REO was just joking around, especially given the title, but it seems certain people have somehow misconstrued it as REO pointing out something that is too good.

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.

Sektor missile +43
Quan trance +46
Scorp spear +56
Scorp minion +69
Ermac soulball +88
Subzero ice ball +114
Smoke trident +68
Cyrax Net +107

You're not missing anything, it's just Reo's latest attempt to stir up shit, as has been his M.O. since the game's release.

The Highlander

There can be only one

Sektor missile +43
Quan trance +46
Scorp spear +56
Scorp minion +69
Ermac soulball +88
Subzero ice ball +114
Smoke trident +68
Cyrax Net +107

I believe the uproar is because it functions similar to tremors up rock in that it's not a horizontal projectile. It doesn't seem to intended be a capture projectile like ermacs ball or sub's ball etc. Plus tremor's was nerfed for being too strong and now he can barely combo off a point blank rock. Of course we can only speculate, we have no idea how the move was 'intended' to actually work.

Ermac needs the soul fireball. Without it he'd be utter shit. lol the main difference between Ermac's projectile and Sektor's(aside from speed) is Ermac's was always meant to stun from day one...for a free hit.
And up rockets are obviously meant to stun...for a free hit lol several of other moves do this is my point.. People are saying it shouldn't be able to combo off of a trade but the only time it should hit is when someone trades with it lol

E

Eldriken

Sektor missile +43
Quan trance +46
Scorp spear +56
Scorp minion +69
Ermac soulball +88
Subzero ice ball +114
Smoke trident +68
Cyrax Net +107

If people are trading from full screen, getting up and comboing off of it, it being +43 on hit might be wrong.

Hell, him hitting you with the rockets from full screen and being able to run in and continue the combo alone should be telling us that there's no way it's +43 on hit.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.

Sektor missile +43
Quan trance +46
Scorp spear +56
Scorp minion +69
Ermac soulball +88
Subzero ice ball +114
Smoke trident +68
Cyrax Net +107

All of these moves can not have the same application of up rockets. The only move similar is Tremors rock and its useless now.
None of these moves can be done at the end of strings and aimed either close, on the opponent, or behind the opponent.
Only Scorpion minions tracks.
Half of these moves have a bunch of recovery frames to boot.

This move is Tremors uprock but way more plus and as a compensation its mid, you can't really compare it to traditional projectiles the best comparision from this list is Scorp's low minion and when you compare both Sektor's up missiles are so much better.

Appreciate the effort put into the list however.

Classic TYM in this thread lol.. If you get hit with a 52 frame mid that he can't cancel into safely you need to hold that 28% he gets off the conversion.. Tremors had way better tracking, was overhead, more plus I believe , faster, less recovery and I believe he got more damage off of it in addition to the tools he already had.. Does Ermacs soul ball need nerfing as well? You guys should hit the lab and put his toolset into perspective before posting, this shit is starting to get disappointing..
Thank you