What's new

General/Other - Alien Unofficial Official Xenomorph PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Hopefully he'll at least reach 30 % for a bar. Because while he has great mixup game, he will have to mixup his opponent a lot or die, and lose more damage than he would possibly take.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
It's damage was pitiful but then 16bit obviously wasn't maximising the combo potential, they never do like to give everything away for obvious reasons.

It's range is pretty insane and everything seems to come out at some speed so maybe a little bit less damage isn't the end of Alien.

I wish we got to see the trap variation in the match instead of the tarkatan one. The tarkatan variation was the least interesting IMO

Only 4 days to go though!

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
It seems like the damage of Alien's specials scale pretty badly. Possibly due to the fact that his specials deal low damage overall. Especially for his multi-hit specials, they deal low damage and hit a bunch of times which may be hurting his damage potential. For example, his pounce attack hits 5 times but only does 10 % and in his Tarkatan variation, his chop chop move hits 8 times and only does 8 %. Even the ex version only deals 11% despite hitting 10 times.
I've noticed the scaling in this game makes it so multi-hit attacks aren't necessarily bad for scaling. Some multi-hit attacks will significantly lower the damage of the rest of the combo, some will scale it slightly more than a normal hit, and some will scale at exactly the same pace as a normal single hit. The amount of hits a move does seems to be irrelevant as the scaling is balanced most of the time. It's mainly launching attacks that can easily be followed up mid-screen that really lower the damage of combo's.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Before the Kombat Kast, I already predicted that Acidic would be a mix of venomous and noxious. So yeah, I agree with your first statement. But Konjurer looks nothing like brood mother. D'vorah can't summon anything that hits overhead and she can't spawn traps either.
Brood mother's silky is all about low to overhead hard to blockable mixup, which konjurer does better with an instant overhead Alien (that can also be held)to a low attack hard to blockable mixup. sure Broodmother doesn't have a trap and that's why Konjurer is better. If they corrected Alien's damage scaling there will be no reason to play broodmother while you can play Konjurer instead.

And I don't think I even need to explain why Tarkatan isn't anything like Swarm Queen. The only similarity I can think of is the chop chop move and D'vorah's ovipositor charge, which she has in all variations anyway.
I may have streched my logic there, Swarm queen has an FBRC which gives her a insane pressure. Something i didn't see Tarkatan is capable of doing, but Alien looks like it got better footsies and pokes game which will probably dethrone D'vorah from being arguably the character with the best footsies in the game.

ScorpXL

Goro?
Brood mother's silky is all about low to overhead hard to blockable mixup, which konjurer does better with an instant overhead Alien (that can also be held)to a low attack hard to blockable mixup. sure Broodmother doesn't have a trap and that's why Konjurer is better. If they corrected Alien's damage scaling there will be no reason to play broodmother while you can play Konjurer instead.

I may have streched my logic there, Swarm queen has an FBRC which gives her a insane pressure. Something i didn't see Tarkatan is capable of doing, but Alien looks like it got better footsies and pokes game which will probably dethrone D'vorah from being arguably the character with the best footsies in the game.
Hmm good point about brood mother. But to be fair, compared to D'vorah's other variations, brood mother was already outclassed before Alien even came out. And from what I've heard, a lot of alien's strings and normals are unsafe. It might have great range on it's attacks, but I think it's too early to say that Alien will dethrone D'vorah in the footsies department.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Hmm good point about brood mother. But to be fair, compared to D'vorah's other variations, brood mother was already outclassed before Alien even came out. And from what I've heard, a lot of alien's strings and normals are unsafe. It might have great range on it's attacks, but I think it's too early to say that Alien will dethrone D'vorah in the footsies department.
Yes, it's indeed to early to tell. I was just predicting from what we've seen so far. Could pretty much be wrong about all i said.
On another note: It's also too early for people to start up playing Alien, Justifying the ridiculously low damage using the usual shitposting
Muh zoning
Muh corner carry
Muh fitty/fitties

None of that matters if the character does no damage,
You will sooner eat 2 combos from Ermac or Kotal and die before you execute any of that 10 million times to win.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yes, it's indeed to early to tell. I was just predicting from what we've seen so far. Could pretty much be wrong about all i said.
On another note: It's also too early for people to start up playing Alien, Justifying the ridiculously low damage using the usual shitposting
Muh zoning
Muh corner carry
Muh fitty/fitties

None of that matters if the character does no damage,
You will sooner eat 2 combos from Ermac or Kotal and die before you execute any of that 10 million times to win.
Actually this is true. Can have all the great tools in the world, but if you don't do any damage where chars like Ferra/Torr, Kotal, Sonya, etc can combo you 2 times for death then it's gonna never be as easy as it seems. Look at Bo's mixups/damage and LF range/damage and TriBorgs utility/damage. I think we have to play before we can start thinking where the character stands.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
That does makes some sense, but we know that they don't have any genitalia on their bodies, only the queens have sexual reproductive organs attached to them.

The genitals are within the face hugger eggs, which only the queens can lay.

So they aren't male or female, because they lack the parts to be classified as such.
Well neither do insects. Only the queen can reproduce and all of the drones are her daughters since they're essentially clones of the queen, minus the ability to reproduce. This is general knowledge with some guess work though so I could be wrong.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
Why does his head looks like crap ? Its really too much asking for a proper Xenomorph head ? :(

loogie

Noob
I made this thread, so you have to tell me; is the very second normal we see Alien doing that fabled more than halfscreen special-cancellable normal we saw? Or is it a combo?
And, does he have any infinites? Cancels? Chip pressure? Or any broken stuff? I must know.
check your inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.