What's new

(un)Official MKX Baraka General Discussion thread

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
I don't understand. What bothers me is the idea that Baraka has to be a low tier character. Baraka doesn't have to be a low tier character, he is low tier because NRS makes him that way, point blank. None of the characters should be low tier, all characters should be as closely strongly balanced against each other as possible. Grant it, NRS will always make broken-semi-broken characters as we already see Kung Lao, D'Vorah, Kitana and Cassie Cage as OP characters that tournament players will run to on day one, but that's no reason Baraka has to be a bottom of the barrel character. No excuse on NRS's part at all, for that to happen. Baraka should be in the new game because I think his time to shine as a character is now due. NRS cannot repeat its mistakes the way they created and horribly attempted to balance MK9 in 2011. NRS basically destroyed the opportunity for characters like Scorpion, Baraka, Noob Saibot, Ermac, Sheeva and Sub-Zero from ever being top of the line characters in tournaments and even high level gameplay. It makes as much sense as Mars company that makes M&M candies to put one or two colors that actually taste different and bitter from the rest of the candies in the same bag.

I don't understand. What bothers me is the idea that Baraka has to be a low tier character. Baraka doesn't have to be a low tier character, he is low tier because NRS makes him that way, point blank. None of the characters should be low tier, all characters should be as closely strongly balanced against each other as possible. Grant it, NRS will always make broken-semi-broken characters as we already see Kung Lao, D'Vorah, Kitana and Cassie Cage as OP characters that tournament players will run to on day one, but that's no reason Baraka has to be a bottom of the barrel character. No excuse on NRS's part at all, for that to happen. Baraka should be in the new game because I think his time to shine as a character is now due. NRS cannot repeat its mistakes the way they created and horribly attempted to balance MK9 in 2011. NRS basically destroyed the opportunity for characters like Scorpion, Baraka, Noob Saibot, Ermac, Sheeva and Sub-Zero from ever being top of the line characters in tournaments and even high level gameplay. It makes as much sense as Mars company that makes M&M candies to put one or two colors that actually taste different and bitter from the rest of the candies in the same bag.

There aren't that many character spots left

("NRS never confirmed that there would be 25 characters yet!")
( lol, whatever helps you sleep at night)

and theres alot of characters who haven't made the cut yet, decidedly much more badass than Baraka for that matter. Baraka fits the new MKX theme pretty well but he's pretty boring as a character. Variations might be difficult to come up with for the character's staple and also tiny move list, as you would certainly have a blade variation but what else?

Kabal also had a very small special move list. We haven't heard anything concerning him either, but these two characters could very well be DLC.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Well, recent leaks have pretty much convinced me that Baraka isn't a part of the initial playable cast.

Now, I'm holding out for the possibility of DLC. Why would he(and Rain, for that matter) be given a unique character model if he wasn't going to be DLC down the line?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
For those who don't know, there is a very great chance Baraka is in MKX:

1. He was in the gameplay trailer.

2. He was featured in an in-game screenshot

3. His picture is found on one of the Xbone achievements(for those who don't know, all of the characters on MKX achievements are confirmed playable characters.

He may not be confirmed but my hope is too damn high to care.

On to the good stuff: What do you want to see changed in MKX? What do you think his variation will be? Will he be trash tier again?

Last edited:

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Can you explain why he would be pictured in the achievement for being a member of every faction? Which is non-story related and is literally the same as EVERY playable character?
Well i just say its possible he isnt playable.

The achievement is called "Jump Ship".

So why is Baraka there? Because he is gonna jump ship and maybe flees in story mode from the Kove Stage.

Achievement pics are sometimes there because they have something to do with title of the achievement.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

So why is Baraka there? Because he is gonna jump ship and maybe flees in story mode from the Kove Stage.

Achievement pics are sometimes there because they have something to do with title of the achievement.
You might be right, but I'm too hyped to care.

That is definitely not Baraka....
STAHP. I NEED THIS.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
My body is ready as SHIT.

Fuck Kenshi and fuck Rain if Baraka's in. I was just settling for other favourites because I didn't think Baraka would make it.

Remember the Obama silhouette on the E3 build roster? I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but the dude's chances are actually looking pretty good.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Since it's called jump ship, and related to factions, it could also mean that Baraka will be "jumping ship" from leader to leader throughout the story. Playable and getting his ass kicked under different bosses.

I wouldn't mind him in, as long as it isn't at the expense of The Great Liu Kang.