What's new

UMK3, MKII, and MKDC at NECX... December 5th and 6th

Noob
The awards are done. I will be bringing them with me to NEC X tomorrow, and I will take pics to post on here.

If I have time(between playing in 6 tournaments, one that I'm running), I will update the sites, MKE and CMK with brackets for MKII and UMK3.

MKII will be played tomorrow. UMK3 casuals all day saturday with tournament in the main room on sunday... Spoke to Eric and he considers UMK3 to be a main tournament, not a side tourney. We're picking up steam again... now we just need some more of the MKII faithful to come represent also!

Noob
Ladies and Genlemen, Here are the results of your 2009 Mortal Kombat II North East Championships.

The Bracket:

Your 2009 North East Champion: SUMMONING

Congratulations to Summoning. If you weren't there, and you think you're better than this man, only being at the next major MK2 event can prove it, and that is the bottom line! (cuz 9.95 says so!)

Noob
no worries everyone, we got the entire tournament recorded. UMK3 tomorrow as well as killer instinct.

summoning used a mix of raiden, scorp, kitana, kung, and even a little reptile.

Noob
Ok, I'm working on 4 hours of sleep since 8am on Thursday, so my body and brain are officially done.

I will have pics from the tournament up tomorrow, as well as a nice detail of UMK3 and KI. Shock is posting the bracket and placements for UMK3 on ultimatemk.com

I apologize for lack of updates during the day today, it was just insane as Shock ran UMK3 while I helped him, and I ran KI while he helped me, and while Kaldragon ran SFA2 and we helped him too... so suffice it to say, I had little to no time for updates.

We had 19 entrants for UMK3. We also have video of the entire tournament for UMK3. The finals were absolutely unbelievable. Congratulations to Long Island Joe, aka iloveu, on his victory over Shock to become the 2009 North East Champion of UMK3.

Killer Instinct was also great fun, and we had 15 entrants to that. Congrats to Julian Robinson on his victory in KI to become the NEC champ!

UMK3 Standings:

1. Joe
2. Shock
3. summoning
4. Rich
5. Fat Jerry
5. Comeback
7. Phi
7. JeRon
9. Julian
9. Bad Wolf
9. Kazi
9. Kyle
13. 9.95
13. Kaldragon
13. SweetJohnnyCage
13. Rick Son
17. JusDave
17. VDO
17. BlueNine

Killer Instinct Results

1. Julian
2. Joe
3. JusDave
4. Summoning
5. 9.95
5. Bad Wolf
7. Hubbs
7. Phi
9. Ghost Cobra
9. Comeback
9. Diana
9. BlueNine
13. Natrix
13. Kazi
13. B. Stag

Noob
Pics from NEC X

MK the way it was meant to be played, on sticks!

Shock and Kyle

BlueNine and Bad Wolf playing MK2

JeRon and Summoning playing MK2

BlueNine and VDO playing UMK3

Joe with Big Eric after winning the UMK3 tournament

Shock and Jeron playing MK2

Random Fighter's History side tournament

Vanilla Super Turbo tournament

Noob
Well, everyone knows he doesn't care for MKII, but he plays in the tournaments to support the MK community... and he did fairly well taking 4th place.

Noob
More pics from NEC... the awards

Here's the pics of the awards I made for NEC X.

Tekken 6 Trophy

Street Fighter 4 Trophy

Melty Blood Actress Again Trophy

Soul Calibur 4 and Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Plaques

BlazBlue and Guilty Gear Accent Core Plaques

3rd Strike and HD Remix Plaques

MK2 and UMK3 Plaques

All the awards layed out