What's new

UMK3, MKII, and MKDC at NECX... December 5th and 6th

Noob
UMK3 at NECX in Philadelphia, December 5th

Originally posted at:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=205593

There will be a UMK3 tournament and if the interest is there, an MKII tournament at NEC this year. The turnout last year was pretty good with 16 players for a virtually unadvertised tournament, and is already looking to be good again this year. I will be there Saturday and Sunday as of right now and the specific tournament days will be decided soon. I'm uncertain if I will run both games the same day, but I might have to do both early on Sunday depending on time constrictions, or start Saturday and finish Sunday. Whatever the case may be, players should just show up. If everyone who says "I will come out if there are going to be players there" just showed up, there'd be players there.

Both UMK3 and MKII will more than likely be played on PCs and we'll supply 4 (four) UMK3 format sticks to use for both games, so MKII's will have a run button on them but that won't make a difference. I do not intend on bringing any 360 pads with me, so if anyone wants to use pad they should bring their own. We'll also have a couple SF stick layouts available if necessary. If MKII does not show any interest we can run SF4 casuals on either machine we bring with us, and we will have 20" and 24" wide screen monitors for your viewing pleasure.

We've done a lot for the community over the years even before we made this site, and all we've ever asked if for players to get active and represent MK at tournaments, wherever they may be. We can't everywhere but we try to run as many tournaments as possible in our region. I've run tournaments in 4 states, and in Philly this will be the 6th I've run, and 8th I've been a part of. There have been 3 UMK3 tournaments this year already with double digit player turnouts. They'd be a lot higher if everyone who says they would show, actually did. Tournaments are a great and fun experience, you meet a lot of people, and there are endless games to choose from. You don't all play just MK.

Start up time either day will most likely begin around 4PM, and I would personally be willing to accept late entries until the first Round is complete, as I generally have leeway on tournament coordination. The later we start, the less likely the tournament will finish. No more 6PM or later starts.

Anyone interested in going, you know how to contact me.

Shock

====================================================

UMK3:

1. Shock
2. DreemerNJ
3. Summoning
4. iloveu Joe
5. 9.95
6. Steve N
7. aldagod
8. Julian
9. Jeron
10. Kyle
11. SweetJohnnyCage
12. KalDragon
13. Tom Brady
14. Christ
15. Universe
16. blueNINE
17. Phi
- uncertain
18. JusDave
19. Amir
20. Kayin
- very uncertain
21. FrankieBonez
22. RushedDown
23. O Juggernaut O
24. MRSANSPOWER
25. MaDWaK
26. mud
27. styroteqe
28. Tim Static

MKII:

1. MK2Prince
2. Summoning
3. Steve N
4. 9.95
5. Kyle
6. Julian
7. Jeron
8. iloveu Joe
9. SweetJohnnyCage
10. Shock
11. DreemerNJ
- uncertain
12. dookiebrain
13. dciguy01
14. david_GEM
15. btbb99
16. Tom Brady

MKvDC

1. Cakes
2. Check
3. Br0k3n_H3aRT3D
4. crystalcage
5. ReyTheGreat
6. The Goldenchild
7. DanCock
8. JETS_JETS_JETS!
9. the1colin
10. happypants
11. BTT
12. EMPEROR_OUTWRLD
13. Vandy
14. KILLA_DZTRBED
15. XHD Ultra walk
16. XHD Ultra Jr
17. XHD Skinny pimp
18. XHD Complex Dztrbed Corleone
19. G-ROY

ZAQ

Noob
Phil, I am going to hold you personally responsible for obtaining footage of Shock playing MK2 ;)

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
You guys have to represent! haha

Good luck to all the competitors.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
do i have to go both days? that is pretty much the only thing stopping me at this point.
I would like to know this too... if I could just come for MKDC and not have to stay the night that would be super.
If MKvsDC is hosted all in one day, then yes. You don't have to stick around. I'm pretty sure it wont take two days to complete the tournament since the number of contestants is not that big. Either way, it sounds fun, I would definitely stay for the hype.

I might go. If I do, I'll play in MKDC.

Just have to see if I get paid before then or not.
Who are you going with? If I can figure out a way to go, ill try and join you.

there will be NO $500 prize for 1st for mkdc as i will not put 1 dollar of my money into an mkdc scene as i origonally intended to do. if no one shows up for mkdc because of this then i could care less because it really doesnt metter if theres an mkdc tourney or not. the payout for mkdc will no wbe they tourney pot standard of 1st-70% of pot, 2nd-20% of pot, 3rd-10% of pot.

there will be NO $500 prize for 1st for mkdc as i will not put 1 dollar of my money into an mkdc scene as i origonally intended to do. if no one shows up for mkdc because of this then i could care less because it really doesnt metter if theres an mkdc tourney or not. the payout for mkdc will no wbe they tourney pot standard of 1st-70% of pot, 2nd-20% of pot, 3rd-10% of pot.
There's always MK9 :)

Noob
There WILL, however, be awards in the form of plaques for UMK3 and MKII.

Here are some pics from the New Castle Fight Night III tournament on Long Island last month.

a little help regarding the tourny for mkdc would be greatly appreciated as to whether it will be both days or not..

Noob
a little help regarding the tourny for mkdc would be greatly appreciated as to whether it will be both days or not..
I highly doubt it will be 2 days. Even if it's double elimination, tournaments with less than 30 players usually finish up very quickly. All the Castle Fight Night tournaments on LI, where SF4 and 3s have easily 30 players each all finish up in one day with no problem...they usually start around 3-4pm and we're walking out of there easily by 10 and that's after breaking everything down and getting the place cleaned up a little. So I would say 1 day for MKDC.

Noob
This is like a week away... can't wait. I know for sure that I'm playing in MK2, UMK3, KI, and SFA3. Possibly 3s and HDR as well. That's a great weekend of gaming!