What's new

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9

Matsuura

Noob
Thinkin more like Killer Instinct 1 style.
I agree. MK's kharacter select theme hasn't been awesome since UMK3, and KI's kharacter select music is buff as hell.

Coming from someone who goes to college for modelling and texturing and shit. x.x.
Definitely. As an artist, every Mortal Kombat's art direction and execution is offensive on so many levels, but I love it for some reason. MK9 really looks like everything I kould expect it to be, but there is tons of room for improvement.

babalook

Noob
i want more character alts/colors
better netcode
better training mode
the ability to invite people to a KOTH room after it has started
be able kick someone from your KOTH room
have a save match option after a match like in tekken that you can rewatch
a actual grapple character

jtom

Noob
I'm not a fan of SSSF4 Ae and etc. To put it simple. I feel this whole idea of taking the same game and making changes only a certain group knows is good for us( high level fighting community) but the other group( casual players) is getting muff. You can't do that. You gotta please both parties sadly. It can't be one or the other. I hope this makes sense to you sir. If it doesn't then I don't know what to say to you.

Edit: BTw, fuck the twins. I almost burn 30 dollars on that game because of fucking Oni. He is so cool. But good thing I took that money and got AH3( don't wanna hear it). I also wouldn't call it a "badass game".
No this post does not make 'more sense' then your last. In fact it makes less sense.

There is no denying that SF has given the FG community a blue print on how to make a successful contemporary fighter. Ignoring successful elements of that blueprint would be ignorance, not leadership.

"SSF4 is not a badass game' ...? SF's gameplay may not appeal to you, but it damn sure does to both the masses as well as the world's most skilled and accomplished FG players. Its numbers in both sales and attendance at their community events are unrivaled. Instead of insinuating slants toward SF and its community, you should be thanking them for helping establish MK9's early competitive scene as the crossover from Jwong, floe, sabin etc has been outstanding.

And for the record, I play and enjoy both games.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
the ability to invite people to a KOTH room after it has started
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but...

You can invite someone to KOTH after it has started. If you started the KOTH, just press the PS button, go to any of your friends tags on your friends list, and hit Triangle, click invite, and boom, invited.

And since I brought up the old thread...

My opinion is UMK9 would be a great idea. Like others have said though, it is indeed way too early for it. This game is still very young. I definitely feel like some things should be taken back to the drawing board, but then again, some things should stay the same. Like STORMS said, patches and hotfixes can not fix all of the problems. So yeah, UMK9 would be a great idea down the road.

I am all for UMK9 if some things on it were in preparation for MK10. I would love them to use the same fighting engine in MK10 as they did in MK9 but with some of those fixes to the MK9 engine. Remove things like the 3D hit boxes, and the issue with skins creating a new character that needs to be patches separately. Fix things like training mode being awful, etc.... That way you are making headway on MK10 at the same time as you are producing UMK9.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
hell no! be original NRS don't sip the capcom kool aid.

In all seriousness NO! Don't be cheap NRS don't make us buy 2 extra versions of the game. People might say we have the option of not buying it, but you guys know better than that, pockets start itching when a new game comes out.

hell no! be original NRS don't sip the capcom kool aid.

In all seriousness NO! Don't be cheap NRS don't make us buy 2 extra versions of the game. People might say we have the option of not buying it, but you guys know better than that, pockets start itching when a new game comes out.
I'm so tired of hearing these ignorant comments from Capcom haters.

AE was available as DLC for 15$ if you already had Super version. If you buy the 4 DLC characters in MK9 you already spent 5$ more than what Capcom charged, except you got no replay channel. So saying that Capcom are greedy bastards that try to suck money out of our pockets is just being plain stupid. NRS charged as much money than Capcom so far (for SSF4 I mean) and they will likely release more DLC content for you to buy and you will probably buy it.

Whether you Capcom haters like it or not, those guys deliver lagless netcode, bugless and complete training mode, replay channel, frame data and solid 2D hitboxes. What's wrong with supporting a company that delivers the goods? And what's wrong with Capcom asking for a few extra bucks to help them keep working and expanding on those games to make them live longer and have more success in the scene?

NRS also works hard to please their fans and I would personally have no problem paying full price for UMK9.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Man...people need to stop hating on all fighting games they DON'T play, as well as the companies that make said games. :/

It's annoying and it's not just people here that do that.

Pistol

Noob
I've pictured them making an UMK9 since they started w/ the hotfixes.

When all the kinks are out, and everything is polished, I want to see an UMK9. Kind of a "This is the final version" then move on.

A proper record function, and other bells and whistles would be welcome as well.

I might be in the minority, but I'd like if they sped everything up by 10-15%. Walk speed, everything.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I've pictured them making an UMK9 since they started w/ the hotfixes.

When all the kinks are out, and everything is polished, I want to see an UMK9. Kind of a "This is the final version" then move on.

A proper record function, and other bells and whistles would be welcome as well.

I might be in the minority, but I'd like if they sped everything up by 10-15%. Walk speed, everything.
Yeah.. I dunno about increasing walk speed. What I do know, is that with an improved net code (dunno how likely that is for an ultimate version of the game) Id like to see an online practice mode, so i can jump in with a friend and do work. I don't live anywhere near a legit offline scene, so most of my playing is done online :-(

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I ought to have voted in this thread sooner, but my choice is: HELL YEAH.

Smoother fighting engine, extra characters/arenas, improved netcode (hopefully), extended Story Mode, a new look to the character select screen...I could go on.

Oh, and a fix to that horrid input bug, most definitely.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Realistically...UMK9 is the only way we'll see a good netcode, a good trainer, the removal of the input bug and possibly some other goodies. Yes, please!

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Realistically...UMK9 is the only way we'll see a good netcode, a good trainer, the removal of the input bug and possibly some other goodies. Yes, please!
This. I don't want a completely new game. I love this game too much. Just want to see it fixed and have some good, quality features that other big tournament games have. I can't describe how epic I think this game would be if it were fixed.

Espio

Kokomo
Would be great, add 6 more characters, all classic stages absent, retros for everyone, deal with the bugs and some further balancing, improved online through someone else, Test your luck online and Test your might/sight in Arcade mode, I'd buy it.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
i want a stricter combo system and characters with really unique moves (seen in mugen projects)

Less zoners and a block meter

then ill be set

also a great netcode would be welcomed along with a decent training mode

Unless it fixes the fundamental problems that MK9 has that are part of the engine and the netcode, I don't want to see a UMK9. If UMK9 does do that, then fucking sign me up.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
decent training mode
This, please.

Bo Rai Cho, Havik, Shujinko, Sareena, Daegon, Hotaru = 6 people off the top of my head that, if they're keeping it in order and eventually building to bring back more awesome versions of the 3D game fighters, you'd have to pick from that exist in the timeline.
Am I the only person who's hyped to see how they're gonna translate? Kenshi's taken off like a fucking rocketship. Hotaru's Staff, Daegon's Swords, The Fat Man's Puke Resets and Pai Mei Stick Beatings, Havik's Necksnap Powerup...CHAOS!
I just want more to do and mess around with. Shit, give me some more Story Mode, you don't even have to add people.

And Idk about you guys, but I've been on a Tag kick lately.
Aren't fighting games normally huge on assists and shit? Is it really that buggy that it hasnt take off? Cuz I'm starting to like it.

RoGE

Noob
MK9 is already a decent tournament worthy fighter despite its flaws, if they made a new version without the flaws then it would be PERFECT!

I am in favor of this only if it comes out a while after MK9's release ^.^