What's new

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9

Enenra

Go to hell.
Fix the net code.
Fix the bottom tier.
Please give Noob and launcher/combo extender of SOME sort. He needs it. 20%s midscreen, while Cyrax gets 60-90%?
Child pleeze.

swag1

EX smash solves all
I think it is a great idea, but here is my criteria:
-Fix input bug
-Fix other things (as mentioned by STORMS in the original thread post)
-Add a couple new characters (Bo Rai Cho, Motaro, Robo Smoke, maybe someone from MK4)
-Balance out the characters, not necessarily nerfing the top ones, but giving lower tier characters more options/tools

But if it came out, I would have to support it anyways because no one else would play the original MK9

Pagan

Noob
There's already a bunch of bug fix threads circulating right now. I think a UMK2011 is a great idea but the truth of the matter is NRS is working on the next game. Mainly because there are a number of things that can't be fixed with the current build. I would expect to see it probably spring of 2013. 2013 is also when the movie is slated for release so that should be a good year for MK fans. :)

Fix the net code.
Fix the bottom tier.
Please give Noob and launcher/combo extender of SOME sort. He needs it. 20%s midscreen, while Cyrax gets 60-90%?
Child pleeze.
When noob has Medium, low hitting, AA projectiles? AA teleports. Great gtfo me game?

Child pleeze.

I'm more scared of noob than cyrax.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
When noob has Medium, low hitting, AA projectiles? AA teleports. Great gtfo me game?

Child pleeze.

shadow upknee hitbox isnt tht great. Time it right and its free to jump over. His aa teleport isn't invincible on startup fully (like its supposed to be) so u can hit him out of it. Projectile game is easy when u can learn to fuzzy guard and even so noob recovery on the projectiles is ass anyway so he can be punished with a fast wakeup attack during recovery. Plus his normals arent tht great. His only useful normals r d3, d4, b1, standing 2

Noob also can only do 22% midscreen damage without meter. U can get 55-60% with his portal reset but then again tht reset is so easy to get out of. Its like getting away with beating the shit out of a quadriplegic child.

Noob needs improvements but not in damage. He needs improvements in other places.

shadow upknee hitbox isnt tht great. Time it right and its free to jump over. His aa teleport isn't invincible on startup fully (like its supposed to be) so u can hit him out of it. Projectile game is easy when u can learn to fuzzy guard and even so noob recovery on the projectiles is ass anyway so he can be punished with a fast wakeup attack during recovery. Plus his normals arent tht great. His only useful normals r d3, d4, b1, standing 2

Noob also can only do 22% midscreen damage without meter. U can get 55-60% with his portal reset but then again tht reset is so easy to get out of. Its like getting away with beating the shit out of a quadriplegic child.

Noob needs improvements but not in damage. He needs improvements in other places.
Hes still a bitch to fight with as kitana when he pushes you out

Hitoshura

Head Cage
well i mean the matchup isnt to bad for kitana. Some people say its 5-5 I say its 6-4 noobs favor. Hes still beatable for kitana. Plus who the fuck uses noob and knows what hes doing.....well besides me lol

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!

That upknee is fine IMO. Even with the reduced hitbox it still is one of the best moves in the game.

Noob needs better normals or better recovery. Simple as that.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
That upknee is fine IMO. Even with the reduced hitbox it still is one of the best moves in the game.

Noob needs better normals or better recovery. Simple as that.
He really need better recovery on his tackle and slide. 40 something frames of recovery with the -4 on hit is just a little ridiculous lol.

Id like for his d1 to be 6 frames instead of 8 but a man can dream right?

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
He really need better recovery on his tackle and slide. 40 something frames of recovery with the -4 on hit is just a little ridiculous lol.

Id like for his d1 to be 6 frames instead of 8 but a man can dream right?
I thought they buffed his D1 in the patch... That's lame, probably the worst normals in the game then.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Noobs normals are horrible. I get NRS thought it'd be balanced because of his shadow game, but he has too much recovery and up knee whiffs more than it saves you. Honestly I'd say I'm a pretty good noob but I find myself going more and more towards Ermac. I like combos, so I think he needs a launcher/extender/whatever, but balancing his recovery and just fixing how useless his normals are that aren't a poke would suffice. I'm not looking for the next Kabal, but if NRS can shoot Jax from crap tier to S tier (according to Tom) They can make noob be A. And I know tier lists dont matter in the grand scheme of things, but it helps get the point across that while noob excels at zoning he BLOWS at everything else.

:eek:noffrant:

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature

Child pleeze.

Of course you do...cyrax is an easy MU for Kitana and noob well is quite the opposite.

But in all honesty Noob sucks...easily the most predictable character in the game.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Of course you do...cyrax is an easy MU for Kitana and noob well is quite the opposite.

But in all honesty Noob sucks...easily the most predictable character in the game.
only predictable in the sense of his reset game with his portals. I do have to say though noobs mixup game is so fucking good. Its something only me and one other person have tapped into.

Hopefully next week comes because thts when finals r over and i can start this guide lol

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Just outside upshadow range, it's a guessing game where Noob gets the short end of the stick if he guesses right. f2,1 will blow up upshadow. Just ask Hito how the MU has gone for him before, lol. If he starts using straight clones from that range, that's when you can go for the jump-in again. It's really much easier for Kitana to get in and land a full combo on him than most of the cast, simply due to the superior range of her f2.

VAL

Noob
They actually can't. Some Problems go much deeper than hotfixes or patches alone can remedy.

I am totally for this. Hell if all the "accepted" fighters have been doing this, why shouldn't we?
Because we are better than that. To me it shows a company does not have faith or stand behind there product when they shelve out a new version every year. All it will do is water down the community and split it in half. I would much prefer them work on Mortal Kombat 10 for a few years straight and give us an amazing game then to have them re-release the same game over and over and then have MK10 be the same exact game with different backgrounds.