What's new

U.K.'s GAME Store to host several Injustice: Gods Among Us events starting April 1st - Entrants LTD!

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I'm going =)

...well if there's a spot left. I'm not really a regular poster though I guess

You play in the brum fg scene at all? If so we've probably met. I was hoping it'd be all newbies though, I want that fight stick and headset to be as free as possible
I am from Oxford but its kinda the same travel time. I shouldn't worry mate I am not too good on the fundamentals. . . . . .

Hey guys first time posting :). Going to the Peterborough event if anyone else is. I'm looking forward to the game with a few friends we are all planning to play. I'll be maining Sinestro and tempted by harley and doomsday as well :).

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Hey guys first time posting :). Going to the Peterborough event if anyone else is. I'm looking forward to the game with a few friends we are all planning to play. I'll be maining Sinestro and tempted by harley and doomsday as well :).
Good to see more members of the sinestro corps. Bad news though, if you haven't heard. Sinestro won't be playable in that build. Neither will Doomsday.

Good to see more members of the sinestro corps. Bad news though, if you haven't heard. Sinestro won't be playable in that build. Neither will Doomsday.
Yeah i've seen think i'll play one of the demo characters if i can find some good stuff from when it comes out to the event :).

Yeah but I don't care to travel that long into london, to play a game on stick and lose, when I could just sit at home, play the demo and be ready to destroy at the first tournament.

That, and they didnt even say anything in reply to my entry. So I've been fucked out of a spot anyway.

Edit: OK got confirmation now.

Still hoping that I can bend the rules and use xbox 360 pad converter though.
I got a spot in lewisham, and also suck with sticks, im not even sure how to best get there as im in eastbourne, also it starts at half 9pm so i prob will miss last train home lol, i think im a dedicated gamer

the days are counting down guys, who's hype? :)
Super hype! i'm more excited to meet people who are as excited for this game as I am :). Get some XBL friend codes as well for launch! sadly the peterborough one is near the end of the run :( will people be grabbing some pics and info from the other events ? be good to see what the other ones are like to :). Hopefully see some of you there!

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Super hype! i'm more excited to meet people who are as excited for this game as I am :). Get some XBL friend codes as well for launch! sadly the peterborough one is near the end of the run :( will people be grabbing some pics and info from the other events ? be good to see what the other ones are like to :). Hopefully see some of you there!
Ketchup and i will be doing a write up after each event, we will be taking group photos too to document the entire thing, looking forward to meeting you!

Ketchup and i will be doing a write up after each event, we will be taking group photos too to document the entire thing, looking forward to meeting you!
Excellent :) do you guys have a twitter account for updates on the events at all? fairly new to twitter so i havent got round to liking all the FGC stuff just yet :). Sounds like these events will be awesome! do you happen to have the button layout for the sticks we will be using?

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Excellent :) do you guys have a twitter account for updates on the events at all? fairly new to twitter so i havent got round to liking all the FGC stuff just yet :). Sounds like these events will be awesome! do you happen to have the button layout for the sticks we will be using?
some things are in the works right now so we'll let everyone know where we can be contacted soon, the layouts will be customisable, but the tradional 8 button layout :)

pnd mustard could you possible tell me is there any travel lodge or premier inn near by in the area, i got a place for lewisham, and i dont know lewisham at all, it starts at 21.30 there so i expect by time tornament ends im gonna miss last train, so i was thinking to book somewhere for 1 night in the area, if you know of any place would be much appreciated,

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
pnd mustard could you possible tell me is there any travel lodge or premier inn near by in the area, i got a place for lewisham, and i dont know lewisham at all, it starts at 21.30 there so i expect by time tornament ends im gonna miss last train, so i was thinking to book somewhere for 1 night in the area, if you know of any place would be much appreciated,
unfortunately i know nothing about london, so your guess is as good as mine. a quick google search of lewisham hotels might be useful :)

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Just got back from the Norwich event, have a PC very very temporarily!

Thanks to everyone that I've seen so far, these tournaments have been a lot of fun, and I can't wait to see the rest develop, on op of the top 8 which no doubt will be incredible.

keep it up guys! :)

PunkMafia83

Just got back from the Norwich event, have a PC very very temporarily!

Thanks to everyone that I've seen so far, these tournaments have been a lot of fun, and I can't wait to see the rest develop, on op of the top 8 which no doubt will be incredible.

keep it up guys! :)
Who won??

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Batman player, get the demo and learn those combo's, its really difficult to piece combo's together with other characters (like black adam sigh....) when people already know their 40-50% bnb's with batman. I think if people learn a demo character watch some combo video's you got the best chance of winning the events. I got quarter finals without the demo or prior experience, but facing people who played semi-educated batman proved too much.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I would also majorly reccomend getting in early, learn the stick controls and have a practice. Theres only 4 cabs so means theres going to be 24 people + guests waiting to get games, and the sticks layout is a bit different to what you would expect!

PunkMafia83

Batman player, get the demo and learn those combo's, its really difficult to piece combo's together with other characters (like black adam sigh....) when people already know their 40-50% bnb's with batman. I think if people learn a demo character watch some combo video's you got the best chance of winning the events. I got quarter finals without the demo or prior experience, but facing people who played semi-educated batman proved too much.
Cheers Smokey. You make a point. I wana play deathstroke....

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Cheers Smokey. You make a point. I wana play deathstroke....
Wait til the 16th. Play a demo character for the money, i kinda wish i downloaded it because there were only 3 or 4 people that knew what was going on, but having 30-40% damage conversions is alot better than just doing 3 hits into a special with a character you dont know.

PunkMafia83

Wait til the 16th. Play a demo character for the money, i kinda wish i downloaded it because there were only 3 or 4 people that knew what was going on, but having 30-40% damage conversions is alot better than just doing 3 hits into a special with a character you dont know.
You do make a good point, shame the demo characters dont appeal to me. I am practicing batman hes fun and all but will see. I think I am just seeing this as a bit of fun.....

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
You do make a good point, shame the demo characters dont appeal to me. I am practicing batman hes fun and all but will see. I think I am just seeing this as a bit of fun.....
Yeah it will be a laugh but you get free copy of the game for making finals. Get the Injustice stick + loads of shit for coming first. Theres gonna be people who know their shit from the demo and have practiced up, so if your going for fun fair enough, but if you want to win then learn your demo guys.

PunkMafia83

Yeah it will be a laugh but you get free copy of the game for making finals. Get the Injustice stick + loads of shit for coming first. Theres gonna be people who know their shit from the demo and have practiced up, so if your going for fun fair enough, but if you want to win then learn your demo guys.
I have never been particualrly good and I like zoners.... will see what people are like in casuals and make a descision I think. I remember seeing your Smoke at MK Supremacy man that was sick.....

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I have never been particualrly good and I like zoners.... will see what people are like in casuals and make a descision I think. I remember seeing your Smoke at MK Supremacy man that was sick.....
try out death stroke or raven, black adam can zone but he get easily caught by people who jump tons (everyone playing batman and gliding in) Death strokes trait makes his guns unblockable and his EX machine gun anti airs people who jump it.
The death stroke player in norwich was pretty solid but unless you can convert your damage then people who know the demo characters dont really have to fear your 10-20% damage (if youre lucky)