What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
He's popular, but I wouldn't say he breaks top 5. But yeah, you definitely can't drop him, unless they went for a different, more Robin version.
His comics always sell and any show he's been featured on had good ratings, always be underrated.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Judging the people I encounter online in NRS games, that tool would be used for cowards to avoid good players. Most people who play MK9 or Injustice avoid competition as much as possible. Noob hunting would only be easier, and that shit doesn't sound cool to me at all.
People avoid you regardless when you have more wins then loss or a high true skill rank. Noobs that join rank don't have the option to decline players. It would be good though to put that feature in the game. It will be more competitive and better matchups experience

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
That's not what I said. Tekken, SF and MK work fine without having interactable objects as a cheap way to add depth.
Either way we both have a difference of opinion on this, there's reasons for them and reasons not to have them. I would prefer them not to have them in fighting games.
that's what makes INJUSTICE, they need to be balanced so that all characters have the same advantages. Interactables change the meta game, people are forced to to come with strategies/combos to end with interactable OTG's.

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
that's what makes INJUSTICE, they need to be balanced so that all characters have the same advantages. Interactables change the meta game, people are forced to to come with strategies/combos to end with interactable OTG's.
Agreed, and that's why I can't stand injustice. I would hate to see games like SF and MK use them in the future.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Agreed, and that's why I can't stand injustice. I would hate to see games like SF and MK use them in the future.
Injustice is a game by itself, It would be stupid of NRS to do this in MK.
injustice is a totally different game, I wouldn't want the injustice features in other fighting games.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
His comics always sell and any show he's been featured on had good ratings, always be underrated.
Sure he's popular, I'm just saying not top 5. It's true the Nightwing solo titles do quite well, although show wise he's either with Batman or part of a much larger cast, and usually as Robin. I would say 6 as there are a few above him, however IGN seem to agree with you on their recent Top 25 DC heroes, your boy is bang at #5: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/19/the-top-25-heroes-of-dc-comics?page=1

Ra Helios

lol this is cute you really dont know anything about red hood do you?
Sorry. people don't want two of the same characters in the game. That is why when red hood and zitanna was tied. They pick zitanna. THey don't want both of the same characters in the game. And for the sequel if they do put red hood in the game. Most likely Nghtwing will not be in the game. He will be replace. That is how business is. Wouldn't make sense to waste slots for 2 of the same characters when they could have created another character for that slot like scorpion. Fans will be In a uproar.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Sorry. people don't want two of the same characters in the game. That is why when red hood and zitanna was tied. They pick zitanna. THey don't want both of the same characters in the game. And for the sequel if they do put red hood in the game. Most likely Nghtwing will not be in the game. He will be replace. That is how business is. Wouldn't make sense to waste slots for 2 of the same characters when they could have created another character for that slot like scorpion. Fans will be In a uproar.
Batman and Batgirl.........................................................................................................

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
also you keep saying rh and nw are the same character but they arent they are completely different you should do some research before making those kinds of assumptions or at least read a few comics lol

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Oh lord not the whole "They are similar so would fight the same" argument.

Guys there are a huge amount of ways to make someone distinct. Nightwing is a pressure character, with great poke range right? Red hood has no staff for poke range...augment him with guns for better zoning. Red Hood has no staff for spark either so low projectile might not be on deck.

They could make him a rekka character, a dash behind character, an in and out fighter like Green Arrow, a knife thrower whose projectiles dont cover the same paths as the NW birdarang, he could have wall jumps, he could have bolas, he could have any number of majorly distinguishing characteristics. Just because the two have similar backgrounds does NOT mean they would be so unimaginative as to make it either or and it is highly unlikely that Red Hood playing exactly like Zatanna was ever a factor either. Her fire ball? Her clones? Her wand and hat stances? Her float? Seriously not even likely in the slightest.

Just as Haggar and Zangief are nothing like the same kind of grappler Red Hood is not someone (nor is ANYONE ELSE) likely the same as any other character in the game. There are tons of ways to make a character. Even characters As filled with similar tools as Ken, Ryu, and Akuma all manage to remain incredibly different from one another when you play them and they have almost the exact same list of tools at their disposal yet all of their tools are so distinctly balanced along with their normals that they are very different.

Any new coming cast wont just steal an old cast member's moveset IMO. Theres no point, as they definitely have not ran out of ways to make any types of characters fit any particular offensive playstyle.

Last edited:

Ra Helios

also you keep saying rh and nw are the same character but they arent they are completely different you should do some research before making those kinds of assumptions or at least read a few comics lol
I should but. Again even of they are different. It would be a waste of a slot to put two of the same characters in the game. Again it is a waste of a slot. They could put in somebody else to replace NightWing. If neatherrealms wasn't so lazy to build more roster then 20 something then I would say to right ahead. You know what!!! I honestly don care. As Long as they put in Star Fire in the game. I would be happy. I don't care what else they do with the game. Looking forward to main 3 or 4 characters ( star fire (2) ( black canary) Power Girl ) and poison ivy.And one of them is catwoman. Igua none of the characters interest me except for catwoman.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
It'd be interesting to play, I'd assume it'd follow the lore of the Injustice comic or pick up from where the game left off. What would it be called? Injustice: Year One? All I know is if there is a sequel story mode needs to feature Lobo (Didn't really play a role in the story), Darkseid, and many other characters, as well as have them be playable.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Yep. It made too much money not to.
Also the comic as it continues is in "Year 2"
But my guess is they would introduce more worlds than the Injustice one and it'll something like "Injustice: The 52" or something.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
*ahem*

In recent times for NRS there has been 2-3 years between games, if we were to accept the following:
  • That they are currently working on MKX/10 (we know they are working on something)
  • That they aim for a 2015 release to coincide with the next Mortal Kombat film (source required)
Then we can theorize that 2-3 years after that we could maybe see the release of Injustice 2, so 2017 or 2018.
However, it should also be noted that developing for a new generation of consoles could take longer than previous games, that the tie-in to the movie could cause release date issues, offices can get destroyed, projects de-railed, all sorts of weird shit.

Could be longer, could be less.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, there is no guarantee after MKX, they might do another MK, or MKSM2, or the other MKSM2, or something completely different... like Harry Potter vs. Pacific Rim... not straight to the next Injustice.

Last edited:

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
This just got posted on Neogaf. Its a breaking story so more will hopefully be said.

EDIT: Not certain but it may be referring to the comics from what some folks say on Neogaf. Seems back and forth.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_movies/news/?a=98717

“DC showed the Blur Studios’ CG trailer for Arkham Knight, which earned a lot of cheers and applause. It was pretty loud, so you can’t blame someone for not hearing what came next, but it wasn’t an Arkham Knight delay.

While people were applauding and cheering, they specifically say that Batman: Arkham Knight would be released later this year...After that statement is what most people didn’t hear, and they said to prepare for the return of Injustice. The “not a 2014 title” statement applied to the new Injustice, not the Batman sequel. No other details about the new Injustice, such as who is developing it, was revealed but it is apparently on the way…just not this year.”
@Tim Static

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.