What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Oh yeah, better represntation for other parts of the DC Universe. I get Batman/Superman is popular, but come on!
A Flash/Aquaman villain would be sick.

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”
and for them to do skins right not just bs "blackest night" skins for anyone they think of
If they're going to do "Blackest Night Skins" then it needs to be a four pack:

Wonder Woman - Star Sapphire

Flash - Blue Lantern

Lex Luthor - Orange Lantern

Sinestro - White Lantern

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
If they're going to do "Blackest Night Skins" then it needs to be a four pack:

Wonder Woman - Star Sapphire

Flash - Blue Lantern

Lex Luthor - Orange Lantern

Sinestro - White Lantern
exactly!!!! if i could like this a hundred times i would

Oh yeah, better represntation for other parts of the DC Universe. I get Batman/Superman is popular, but come on!
A Flash/Aquaman villain would be sick.
Captain Cold.........idkwtf they were thinking with Frost....well i do but fuck that

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
i feel like a follow up to injustice could be amazing if they change some of the game mechanics. the biggest thing for me is throws losing to armor. i would also prefer if they patched less frequently. leave at least 2 months for the first patch and 6 weeks in between patches afterwards so we can let the game breathe a little bit before we jump the gun some things. Also i would prefer if NRS would listen a little less to the community tbh. I would rather have a professional decide how to fix issues in the game rather than players. i feel like this leads to a lot of bullshit like "downplaying" and "upplaying" and whatever. the fact that NRS humors people like this is really sad.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
id also rather them make characters better to deal with the dumb shit rather than nerfing the dumb shit. i think that would make the game a lot more interesting

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”
You know I've decided something. I didn't think about this when I posted this. But there's 30 characters including DLC. So I say, keep just about everyone and replace only a few and then add six more players plus 4 dlc (being reasonable).

Replace the following:
Ares - Circe
Killer Frost - Captain Cold
Batgirl - Huntress
Scorpion - Lady Shiva

Add the following:
Power Girl
Swamp Thing
Starfire
Dr. Fate
Blue Beetle
Darkseid
Atrocitus
Red Hood
Poison Ivy
Metallo

So that would bring us up to 40 characters...

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
i would also like to add for testers id rather them use people who are good at finding glitches/breaking the game, like aris, nerdjosh, chris g and marlinpie instead of top players. i feel like that would have result in a smoother product.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
Black Manta, that dude really rocks in Young Justice, with rockets and some eyeblast,
Red Hood and Starfire gonna be awesome as well, really looking forward to see her hair in a next gen console,,

More heroes/villains from justice league. Look to space/different dimensions/ the new gods/old gods for some serious contenders.

And please a better Lobo. He can't die, he regenerates. Harley ripped off his head in the recent injustice comic and the shit reattached itself.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
To rid the assumption from the developers that to make a character good, said character must have a safe 50/50.
the biggest thing for me is throws losing to armor.
These are the only gameplay statements in this thread I can agree with. Everything else... urrghhh...

After some thought, I did come to a realization that there's one thing they could do with the mobility in IGAU that would make the game flow better without breaking its core concept - the people asking for a run mechanic aren't necessarily off the mark, but if they were to add it, it would require putting in stopping frames. Injustice doesn't want to give you anything for free, but the dash mechanic has a way of forcing people to put themselves not quite where they want to stand. You either have to go farther than you want or shorter, with the walk speeds being insufficient to really make up that middle ground. Just going with faster walking would make it generally safer to move and make people commit to their options less, but a forward run with stopping frames would encourage people to use it at sensible times while also being able to get themselves in the position they actually want to be in. That said, I don't know how running attacks or run jumps might work and I'm fuzzier on the effect they'd have - I am quite certain that going too far in that direction would change the core concepts of IGAU.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
IN ADDITION to the Injustice 1 roster(Except Scorpion), I'd like the following to be added to the roster.:

6 Heroes:
  • Beast Boy
  • Swamp-Thing
  • Dr. Fate
  • Etrigan
  • Black Canary
  • Starfire
7 Villains (1 additional spot to replace Scorpion):
  • Circe
  • Black Manta
  • Ra's Al Ghul
  • Atrocitus
  • Felix Faust
  • Darkseid
  • Gorilla Grodd

Last edited:
First and foremost: OP fails for not giving an "all of the above and then some more" option.

Character variety isn't important to me in terms of which universe the character comes from: rather I care more about the uniqueness of the character itself and their specific traits. For example I don't mind the fact that the game has Batman, Bane, and the Joker. I DO mind that the game has Nightwing and Harley Quinn. I mean, what really makes Harley different from Joker in terms of skill set? The fact that she is female? I want unique powers and abilities, I don't care where the character comes from otherwise. Posion Ivy would have made a great character, fuck the people who cry about too many batman characters or that half the female roster is from the Batman universe. Batman is popular and female supervillians are less common and typically suck- that's life. My sentiment is that this is a fighting game before a DC comics game, and I realize that others feel otherwise and thats a totally cool and valid argument. Its fair for fanboys to demand as much variety from their DC comics video game as possible, but whats also fair is that most people still playing the game one or two years later don't give two shits whether or not half the roster is from the Batman universe.

Its like when people complain about too many X-men characters in the Marvel games, even though the X-men series caters itself perfectly to fighting games. In DC comics it seems like half the villains and a handful of the heroes can DO ANYTHING LOL I HAVE SUPER STRENGTH AND FLIGHT AND IM INVINCIBLE AND SMART AND OH YEAH I HEAL TOO, like when you pretend-fought with your brother when you were six. In the Marvel X-men series most characters have one specific and unique ability which (typically) isn't too overpowered and is visually exciting. Why, then, is X-23 in the game (mvc3)? Why not Gambit or Nightcrawler or Cyclops? Is it because x-23 is female? Likely, yes.

I feel exactly the opposite about the stage selection, though: Why are most of the stages from the game specifically from the Batman/Superman universe? Take away duplicate stages at different times of day and make it a pre-match option instead. It seriously wouldn't be hard at all to come up a stage for every character universe and would bring twice the visual variety.

Finally- more skins. Particularly free skins. Continue selling them in packs for a slight discount but also give the option to download them individually for a dollar each. Sell packs without a specific theme or character in mind.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Characters :
Star Fire (My second Main)
Beastboy
Static Shock
Power Girl
Black Canary

Levels:
Titan Tower

Character Buffs and needs
Raven ( need some overheads )
Catwoman ( buff frames, projectiles and whip grapple)

Red Hood:
Make it as a costume character or just replace NightWing

Rush down characters
( fast mobility speed and 50/50 mix up)

Power characters :
Positive on frames
Mobility speed medium

Zoning characters :
I don't know

Tag Team

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Im really looking fwd to see either MK10 or IGAU2 on the the UE4,,, since the UE3 was not made for 2d plane FGs ,,, but the UE4 will hopefully make it more friendly so the be alot more smooth movements

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
Don't care, I just want a new MK. Not superhero flavor of the month pretend we were lifelong fans of DC because we saw Batman vs Robin and The Animated Series as a child nonsense.
Seriously no intractables in any form in a NRS fighting game again. As the other guy said, stage transitions is fine.
A robust DLC gems feature would be great........

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
i forgot to mention, another thing i disagree with is the whole plus and minus double digits shit. like serious wtf. sometimes after blocking certain moves i feel like my stick broke because i blocked some move thats plus 8 billion. it just doesn't feel right and its probably why the game kinda feels clunky to some people.

also i hate how it discourages down/back so much and your inputs always get fucked up if you're trying to d2 a jump in and you're holding down back. im sorry but i learned fighting games with down/back being very important. holding down to block low is just weird, especially when down/back and down/neutral will work but down/forward wont.

relating to both things, i hate so much when im blocking low and try to do a f3 with DS to force frame advantage after blocking and i get sword flip and i dont even hit down, i go directly from down/back to forward. this is total horseshit. so when i want to be at plus 8 billion im at negative 8 billion.

Status
Not open for further replies.