What's new

TYM Kommunity Project: An Open Letter to NRS Concerning Netplay

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
seems like no netcode fix, as expected
They work on IGAU2 and already have your money for MKX.

Don't get your hopes up over nothing.

They only do "patches" so that people keep playing long enough to buy all their planned DLC, until IGAU2 is ready.

They work on IGAU2 and already have your money for MKX.

Don't get your hopes up over nothing.

They only do "patches" so that people keep playing long enough to buy all their planned DLC, until IGAU2 is ready.
i never hoped for that, just commenting peoles hopes :D

just wanted to let you know i pretty much give up on this. 350 signatures, not even ten during summer jam/patch stream even though activity on this site was higher then. almost zero public support by tournament players and popular streamers, which is probably the biggest letdown. if anyone feels like tweeting/sending this to NRS, do so, but i would not expect much positive influence on their future netplay developement with such a low number of supporters. it might even have the opposite outcome, NRS not seeing the necessity to change anything.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
I'm not even gonna talk about something as nebulous as "netcode". It's not a simple thing to fix or make better, as online gaming is dependent on many aspects of the game, not just how it communicates with the Internet.

However, what I have a gripe with is the matchmaking. I'm not sure how exactly players are paired together, but the results are pretty terrible. And I don't mean lag either, as most of the time the connections I get are fine. But the disparity in skills between me and whoever is terrible.

I've played just shy of 500 games. How am I being pitted against people with 2000 - 3000 games under their belt? People who I can't beat on my best day. Not fun. Then, every once in a while, there comes the dude with 50 games, who obviously can't keep up with what's going on. Yay, they lose and I feel like a bully. Whatever criteria is used for matchmaking is way off.

mercureXI

Giving us a "wifi" icon to filter people with fluctuating ping, would be a step forward, even if they don't change anything else.

WiFi players, in any game really, are a pain.

just wanted to let you know i pretty much give up on this. 350 signatures, not even ten during summer jam/patch stream even though activity on this site was higher then. almost zero public support by tournament players and popular streamers, which is probably the biggest letdown. if anyone feels like tweeting/sending this to NRS, do so, but i would not expect much positive influence on their future netplay developement with such a low number of supporters. it might even have the opposite outcome, NRS not seeing the necessity to change anything.
This is unfortunate, not to you I give you massive props for at least trying and to those who spread the word around. I actually thought that this would gain a lot of support but I guess that by the looks of it, people just don't care. I guess I will stick to other games and not even give NRS a look until they decide to pull their finger out.

mercureXI

This is unfortunate, not to you I give you massive props for at least trying and to those who spread the word around. I actually thought that this would gain a lot of support but I guess that by the looks of it, people just don't care. I guess I will stick to other games and not even give NRS a look until they decide to pull their finger out.
It's more like : a small portion of people playing MKX went here and actually saw the petition.

And that's a portion of an already small amount of people that still play MKX.

A good amount of people just stopped since netcode is subpar (as always with NRS) and DLC just keeps raining while monthly patches destroy / buff characters, making it hard to work on matchups at all.

Oh and of course, the fact that NRS focuses more on Kombat Pack 2 than trying to adress online problems / communicate on the matter.

D

Deleted member 35141

Has anyone noticed the netcode is getting worse?? From april till july it was ok to the point combos actually worked, moves came out right and was fun.
The last couple weeks its become a specials battle where if its more than 4 buttons or a brain dead combo character good luck not only winning but having fun. I really love this series but its so fucking frustrating when unless you have the money and free time to travel for offline tournaments its unplayable.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
With the KP2 coming out next year i have a felling that UMKX is on its way. 4 new characters, new balance patch and New online experience (netcode) hopefully!

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
With the KP2 coming out next year i have a felling that UMKX is on its way. 4 new characters, new balance patch and New online experience (netcode) hopefully!
Yeah, dropping 150+ bucks on a game in total just to have it work like it should've at the start. Can't wait.

Has anyone noticed the netcode is getting worse?? From april till july it was ok to the point combos actually worked, moves came out right and was fun.
The last couple weeks its become a specials battle where if its more than 4 buttons or a brain dead combo character good luck not only winning but having fun. I really love this series but its so fucking frustrating when unless you have the money and free time to travel for offline tournaments its unplayable.
Holy mollie i thought it was just my imagination the online really became worse

LOL yeah you will get all of the above and more promises of great netcode :DOGE
You already know that a komplete edition is on the way, just a matter of when it will drop

Reactions: STK

mercureXI

This needs to be in every fighting game.
Unfortunately, there are still people in 2015 that use WiFi for fighting games online, and will tell you it's perfectly ok, while they don't get that even though their DL/UL speeds are good, their ping goes from low to high randomly just because it's how this tech works : it's unstable, period.

It has been proven, there are COUNTLESS threads / posts about this, but people either can't use an ethernet cable (too far from their router etc) and never heard of powerline adapters (for real), or just hate cables and prefer "no cables in their perfectly designed house" ... and bitch about lag spikes.

Then there's the small number of people that genuinely think that using WiFi is ok, and on par with using an ethernet cable, with reasons like "but I never had trouble with WiFi playing Mario Kart before" . . .

PLEASE give us a way to filter WiFi players, so that they just stumble upon each other, and have fun with their WiFi hiccups as a group.

It's been long enough we have to suffer these guys ... every fighting game brings more and more people using WiFi ... blacklisting all of them isn't a viable solution anymore.

skater11

The saltiest
Unfortunately, there are still people in 2015 that use WiFi for fighting games online, and will tell you it's perfectly ok, while they don't get that even though their DL/UL speeds are good, their ping goes from low to high randomly just because it's how this tech works : it's unstable, period.

It has been proven, there are COUNTLESS threads / posts about this, but people either can't use an ethernet cable (too far from their router etc) and never heard of powerline adapters (for real), or just hate cables and prefer "no cables in their perfectly designed house" ... and bitch about lag spikes.

Then there's the small number of people that genuinely think that using WiFi is ok, and on par with using an ethernet cable, with reasons like "but I never had trouble with WiFi playing Mario Kart before" . . .

PLEASE give us a way to filter WiFi players, so that they just stumble upon each other, and have fun with their WiFi hiccups as a group.

It's been long enough we have to suffer these guys ... every fighting game brings more and more people using WiFi ... blacklisting all of them isn't a viable solution anymore.
Wow I had to look that one up. "Powerline adapter". I'm old. But anyways I play wired regardles even though my router is in the living room and my little brothers & sisters make so much noise. It would be nice finally getting to play in my room with wired connection. I'm curious as to how it works though, it's just a plug in outlet and play? It almost looks like a fancy wireless connection, except of course with a wire.

mercureXI

Wow I had to look that one up. "Powerline adapter". I'm old. But anyways I play wired regardles even though my router is in the living room and my little brothers & sisters make so much noise. It would be nice finally getting to play in my room with wired connection. I'm curious as to how it works though, it's just a plug in outlet and play? It almost looks like a fancy wireless connection, except of course with a wire.
Depending on the quality of your electric wiring, you'll very little noise and a very good ping, you'll just have less DL/UL speed compared to being wired directly to your router.
Used that setup for years before I moved in a bigger place with my gf, and I've had no trouble playing things like SF4 or Blazblue during that time.
Way better than WiFi anyway in terms of stability / ping fluctuation.

Ethernet directly wired to your router still is the best option, but a powerline adapter is a close second imo, as long as you don't live in a old house (electric wiring is the key here).

Honestly, it's the effort that counts in the long run. There were 2 petitions on change.org with concerns of the netcode. Both combined was nealy 1000 signatures. That alone and including other MKX players (Casuals and Pros) and ESL viewings which also helped. This is a win for all efforts presented because in the long haul of things our voices was heard.

Honestly, it's the effort that counts in the long run. There were 2 petitions on change.org with concerns of the netcode. Both combined was nealy 1000 signatures. That alone and including other MKX players (Casuals and Pros) and ESL viewings which also helped. This is a win for all efforts presented because in the long haul of things our voices was heard.
when was the 2nd?