What's new

Twitch Group Chat Beta Released To Users

UPDATE: This feature has rolled out to (some?) regular users on Twitch for beta testing. I have already made a TYM chat for us to use. -THTB

"One of the most beloved features on Twitch is the ability to chat with the broadcasters and your fellow gamers. In many ways, it’s what makes Twitch, Twitch. It’s where community memes begin. Where you express your glee, outrage, befuddlement, or amusement, as the case may be. Twitch is a social place, and chat is where the social exchange happens.

Fun with Stats: How many chatters do we average a day? ~700,000 uniques, hooray!

Today, we’re proud to announce a new beta initiative called Group Chat. Group Chat is a way to create invite-only chat rooms that live separately from the traditional Channel Chat."

Check the Source Link below to watch a Video Walkthrough of this new Feature! -FrothyOmen <3

"Creation of these invite-only rooms during the initial beta period will be available to members of the Twitch Partner Program only, but any Twitch user can be invited to join a Group Chat room.

The beta period is necessary to ensure that Group Chat is stable and scalable before we roll out room creation to everyone. We’re always working hard on stability and shoring up the QoS of our chat service in general, and we are keen to roll out this new feature to the rest of the community as quickly as we can. For more detailed information on Group Chat, we’ve got a handy how-to in our Knowledge Base, as well as this FAQ.

As always, we’re listening and we encourage your feedback. If you have thoughts or suggestions, please email [email protected]."

SOURCE: http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/04/announcing-group-chat-beta/

Last edited by a moderator:

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
That's cool, but I'd like to see non-invite channels too.
Now you gotta know someone to get into TYM chat? Better if anyone could join but the channel-creators had the ability to mod people and kick people out.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
While it seems like a good idea, I envision that I basically will now be left in a chat with people who hate Injustice on major streams while everyone else gets invited to the TYM chat.