What's new

Trouble Teching Throws

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
that should be fixed, throws shouldnt be so free.
A lot of top players can tech throws on purpose. Hell I've even done it a few times. You just have to read that it is coming asnd know which way they are likely to throw you.

Nerfing throws would put this game in a world of hurt. Throws are a great way to open people up if you dont have 50/50s. You take throw away and some of the bottom tier characters become even worse, while the top tier dont really get affected because they have good enough mixups to not rely on the throw. Plus the throw is just 12%, its not the end of the world if you get hit by one.

The way i do it, i just tech the direction that would be more favorable for the to throw me..

I do this by mashing d1 for back throws and d2 or d4 for forward throws depending on which button is better in case they dont throw.

That being said i have about a 20% success rate but i usually only play vs one guy.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
yeah but....you'd still have to know its comming. One of the reasons i don't like erron black is because he has a command throw on top of a 50/50. it just seems like overkill.