What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

ErmacMKX

Noob
Hey, I'm a new tremor player using the metallic variation and needs some advice. Whenever I get pressured I just freeze up and end up getting my ass kicked. What do you guys do in this situation to get out cause it seems all his strings are slow unless im using the wrong one, usually f121. When I'm down and getting pressure I use armoured db2 which I'm assuming is the right call? However if I have no bar and I'm down I struggle to get out of it cause he seems so slow. Thanks.

well if your in lava stance you can wake up EX db1 if they are trying to continue pressure or just db2 like you said. when im in pressure and blocking i usually wait for the right moment then D4 EX rock punch run cancel to scare them into blocking lol

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
My fingers bleed doing it lol it is not easy i just practice it alot.
It takes practice, but I bait wakeups with d3 ex stone punch and I also wakeup with ex stone cancels into f1. Its well worth it when u get it down. looping f12 ex stone punch pressure is good practice for getting it out fast.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Thoughts on this corner setup? I think it makes the EX interactable viable since it adds damage to the combo and it's +14 so the followup f121 is completely guaranteed and from there you can continue pressure. The 123 into crystallization is just to prevent wakeup attempts so you can get your crazy chip damage and plus frames followup. If anyone can improve on this setup that would be awesome.

Nabeel Robinson

My time will come!
Thoughts on this corner setup? I think it makes the EX interactable viable since it adds damage to the combo and it's +14 so the followup f121 is completely guaranteed and from there you can continue pressure. The 123 into crystallization is just to prevent wakeup attempts so you can get your crazy chip damage and plus frames followup. If anyone can improve on this setup that would be awesome.
When you end the combo with 123 DD1 you can tech roll and poke before you start the setup, When you do 21D4U4 and then throw the interactable the opponent can poke you out of with a D1 or a majority of character's can D3, I tried this setup and Sub Zero's 9 frame D1 hits Tremor which makes the interactable hit nothing after the poke. Let's say if the opponent doesn't poke during the interactable throw and blocks it, your F121 can be also be poked with D1 because it's a high even when you're at +14.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
When you end the combo with 123 DD1 you can tech roll and poke before you start the setup, When you do 21D4U4 and then throw the interactable the opponent can poke you out of with a D1 or a majority of character's can D3, I tried this setup and Sub Zero's 9 frame D1 hits Tremor which makes the interactable hit nothing after the poke. Let's say if the opponent doesn't poke during the interactable throw and blocks it, your F121 can be also be poked with D1 because it's a high even when you're at +14.
Well that's a shame lol is there any use at all for the interactable then?

Nabeel Robinson

My time will come!
It's good when your midscreen and you end your combos in DB2. You can summon it and go into zoning but other than that I feel like it's not viable at all.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
Let's say if the opponent doesn't poke during the interactable throw and blocks it, your F121 can be also be poked with D1 because it's a high even when you're at +14.
This is not true.

When you're positive enough for a high attack to connect before your opponent is able to retaliate, it will hit them crouching.

Being +14 is more than enough to run up and connect f121 (in the corner).

A perfect example of this is doing Kitana's (Mournful) d1 xx Shadow Kick. Normally, you can duck Shadow Kick, as it is a high. But, there is enough cancel advantage that it cannot be ducked after blocking d1.

You're definitely right about everything else; there are a bunch of opportunities for your opponent to poke out of that series.

Redux

Ex Phase
what are the frames for normal and ex krystal shatter on block? the normal one is 0, is it the same for the high and low one as well? idk where else I can find this out since the frame data in game is fucked up for that move.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I don't know if this is known, but I wanted to figure out the start up on his moves which have different directions, since it's all fucked up in the in-game list. I did video analysis and counted the frames on start up, and this is what I found:

Universal
Stone punch: 22 frames
Down punch: 27
Up punch: 18

EX Punch: 22
EX down punch: 27
EX up punch: 18

Aftershock
Shatter: 19
Up shatter: 19
Down shatter: 19

EX Shatter: 19
EX down shatter: 19
EX up shatter: 19

Crystalline
Shatter: 24
Down shatter: 24
Up shatter: 24

EX shatter: 24
EX down shatter: 24
EX up shatter: 24

Metallic
Both Lava and Gold:

@STRYKIE @InFlames

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I don't know if this is known, but I wanted to figure out the start up on his moves which have different directions, since it's all fucked up in the in-game list. I did video analysis and counted the frames on start up, and this is what I found:

Universal

Aftershock

Crystalline

Metallic
Both Lava and Gold:

@STRYKIE @InFlames

good shit man, thanks for these.
i knew crystalline shatter was slower than other variation cause it doesnt jail off strings the others do, but didnt think it be as much as 5 frames

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

Universal

Aftershock

Crystalline

Metallic
Both Lava and Gold:

@STRYKIE @InFlames
Interesting....

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
good shit man, thanks for these.
i knew crystalline shatter was slower than other variation cause it doesnt jail off strings the others do, but didnt think it be as much as 5 frames
I'm probably gonna test those moves on block at some point and see how much advantage/disadvantage they have, but I'm kindda lazy and it's easy to test using reversals so anyone can do that with some labbing.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Something funny i found, but you can immidiatly air groundpound after an xray. It has a funny looking animation

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I'm probably gonna test those moves on block at some point and see how much advantage/disadvantage they have, but I'm kindda lazy and it's easy to test using reversals so anyone can do that with some labbing.
with the shatters,
crystalline straight,down and up is 0 on block, ex +5
aftershock straight -12 down -15 and up -6, ex the same
metallic lava straight -12, down -15 and up -6, ex the same. metallic gold straight up and down -20, ex -10

Has there been any other news on the data behind Shatter & Stone Fist Cancels?

Or if there is even a set formula to calculate it. I imagine it would be something along the lines of Cancel Frames - Startup Frames + Block Advantage of String cancelled from. Though that is just a guess.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I'm wondering what frames Tremor is left at during his shatter cancel pressure, anyone know? What is his best meter less pressure?