What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Anyone know how plus or minus f121, 21d4u4, or f3 into shatter cancels are? I've been scouring the whole tremor forum for it but can't find any numbers.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Anyone know how plus or minus f121, 21d4u4, or f3 into shatter cancels are? I've been scouring the whole tremor forum for it but can't find any numbers.
id would LOVE to know the fully accurate numbers of his shatter cancels myself.
well f3 shatter cancel into f1 jails in corner on block so thats at least +8
with f121, 21d4u4, b1d4u4 shatter cancels seem to be about +1/+2 range (from jump tests and that f121~shatter cancel f1 stuffs lao normal 7 frame spin on reversal)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Meterless? EX? I can get some approximate numbers for now and one of the Tremor's can test further when they can if you want.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Mostly just thinking about the meterless db1 shatter cancel. Does the EX give you more plus frames?

EX db2 run cancel frame data would be pretty cool as well, I have yet to start incorporating it into my game still.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Mostly just thinking about the meterless db1 shatter cancel. Does the EX give you more plus frames?
I'd assume not because they have the same startup. IIRC it's 13 frames to just get the rock out for both EX and regular. In theory the cancel's quickest startup should then be 13. Any how's I feel like the cancel is less about getting better frames for most strings and more about mixing up the opponent when they expect a shatter/rockpunch/ect.

But I could be wrong, the whole data about it confuses me a bit.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I'd assume not because they have the same startup. IIRC it's 13 frames to just get the rock out for both EX and regular. In theory the cancel's quickest startup should then be 13. Any how's I feel like the cancel is less about getting better frames for most strings and more about mixing up the opponent when they expect a shatter/rockpunch/ect.

But I could be wrong, the whole data about it confuses me a bit.
So how plus do you reckon f121 or 21d4u4 into db1 cancels are? If f121 into shatter cancel is still just +2 then what's even the point in using it, just adds more room for error in utilizing your plus frames

The Highlander

There can be only one
So how plus do you reckon f121 or 21d4u4 into db1 cancels are? If f121 into shatter cancel is still just +2 then what's even the point in using it, just adds more room for error in utilizing your plus frames
Conditioning is a strong tool. f121 is plus 2 by itself but if they are looking for the shatter cancel you get more than plus 2 to work with. Same thing happens if they aren't expecting the cancel, you have to factor in their reaction time. Basically just good to keep people on their toes, I've gotten lots of silly damage just by doing low shatter after random strings first round then starting to cancel it second round and then go for more pressure or throw etc.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So I'm probably using it wrong this entire time but how exactly does Crystal Tremors armor work? Like I keep thinking I can just take a hit ala Doomsday and then continue with the combo. I vaguely remember that mentioned as a thing for him. What situations does armor work in a way like this or does it even remote function this way?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So I'm probably using it wrong this entire time but how exactly does Crystal Tremors armor work? Like I keep thinking I can just take a hit ala Doomsday and then continue with the combo. I vaguely remember that mentioned as a thing for him. What situations does armor work in a way like this or does it even remote function this way?
There is one hit of "Doomsday" armor. When you get hit, you are in hit stun, but you take reduced damage (as well as chip damage). You cannot be launched but can block any follow up attacks from a string. EX armor takes no damage on the initial hit and ignores chip damage.

Armor is best utilized against wake up attacks with lots of recovery frames. Normally, Kung Lao's EX spin has one hit of armor that launches. With armor activation, you can take the hit and still punish Kung Lao with a full combo.

You can also use the armor for zoning. You can spam rolling stones and rock drops. If a character like Scorpion does an EX teleport, you will get hit by the first hit but block the second, which you can punish with a full combo. This strategy also applies to various other anti-zoning tools in the game.

The only bad thing about the armor is the slow start up activation and the fact that you get no double armor on EX d,b+1.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
There is one hit of "Doomsday" armor. When you get hit, you are in hit stun, but you take reduced damage (as well as chip damage). You cannot be launched but can block any follow up attacks from a string. EX armor takes no damage on the initial hit and ignores chip damage.

Armor is best utilized against wake up attacks with lots of recovery frames. Normally, Kung Lao's EX spin has one hit of armor that launches. With armor activation, you can take the hit and still punish Kung Lao with a full combo.

You can also use the armor for zoning. You can spam rolling stones and rock drops. If a character like Scorpion does an EX teleport, you will get hit by the first hit but block the second, which you can punish with a full combo. This strategy also applies to various other anti-zoning tools in the game.

The only bad thing about the armor is the slow start up activation and the fact that you get no double armor on EX d,b+1.
Interesting. Alright thanks for that. I'll be labbing more Crystal in the future.

I played against TTH in a FT10 attempting to use Tremor. Mine is still very much in the beginning stages where I take some risks. Though any feedback on the usage or the Matchup would be appreciated

I forgot to time stamp it in the first video, but I noticed Dvorah is able to run through bf2. Harley informed me that her hurtbox shrinks some while she runs. Is this widely known?

The Highlander

There can be only one
I forgot to time stamp it in the first video, but I noticed Dvorah is able to run through bf2. Harley informed me that her hurtbox shrinks some while she runs. Is this widely known?
Yea, cassie can do it too. D'vorah is particularly annoying since her b1 also lowers her hitbox I believe.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I Dont have a lot of MU experience against tremor so if any tremor mains are on xbox add me my gt is xXxR1ddleMeTh1s.

Any idea why Tremor does not have a character icon on the list that makes finding his forums a bit easier? On a second note, I recently played some matches using Tremor against Footwurk. The result, I'm sure I don't have to tell you all, but I was looking to get some feedback on things done wrong and how to go about improving in various areas.

Noob
Hey,

I just picked up Tremor and am really liking him. Would anyone like to play against me so that I can improve my Tremor? Thanks

My psn is: fiendbusa

love tremor so far, but i dont understand, why there is no tremor forum icon. can sameone take this issue to administration? because i have posted this in tech forum but didnt get even a respond... i had to navigate like through whole ocean to get here.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
love tremor so far, but i dont understand, why there is no tremor forum icon. can sameone take this issue to administration? because i have posted this in tech forum but didnt get even a respond... i had to navigate like through whole ocean to get here.
admin are aware. so to quote ed boon "soon...."

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Unfortunate. . . really like the gimmick
You can throw it out there on the end of some midscreen combos, I almost always use the EX ground pound or up rock after wards though. But then you've given them time to get off the ground and start charging or to throw their own projectile. All they have to do is touch you or not be on the ground when it goes off. Depending on how they react you might get something out of it but it's not super difficult to avoid.

You can use it in the zoning game and corners, but you are basically hoping that the opponent respects you enough to just stand there for however many frames while you do it. You can use the EX version, but except in cases of super tight execution you are betting on the opponent not to attack you for the possibility that you get 11% out of it. When you could of used that on an armored move or a guaranteed 13%.

The biggest issue with it is that you almost always better off using a different move in any given situation.

marietta1200

Best Coast
What is tremor options for AA? Ex db2u seem a bit slow to do on reaction.
You can delay the hell out of it, actually. The up input can come pretty late so that you absorb the hit and then full combo punish.

D1 on crossup and F1 generally are good to mess with.