What's new

Training mode touchpad

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Is there a way to reconfigure training mode to NOT use the PS4 touchpad? I'm using a third party controller that doesn't have one and I can't reset or stop AI recording. Has anyone found a way around this?

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
I don't know anything about touchpad etc., I'm using a PS3 controller. Maybe there's a program similar to what I use to make the PC think I'm using an Xbox controller, that you can use (you say the PC thinks you have a touchpad, yes?). But I can't be of any more help than that.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I don't know anything about touchpad etc., I'm using a PS3 controller. Maybe there's a program similar to what I use to make the PC think I'm using an Xbox controller, that you can use (you say the PC thinks you have a touchpad, yes?). But I can't be of any more help than that.
I'm playing on PS4, PC doesn't have this problem as far as I know.

TheMightyLupus

I'm bad, you're basic.
@GrandMasterson
Hello all,

As you may have realized, many controllers such as the PDP MKX Pad, MadCatz TE2 and Hori RAP4 (not Kai) lack a touchpad. The way to reset training mode back to default positions is pushing this touchpad button.

However, there is another way!

Perform these steps:

1. Go to Options at the Main Menu
2. Enter Gameplay Options
3. Set Pause Delay to ON (This requires you to hold the Options button to pause the game)

Now when you are in training mode, you can double tap the Options button reset training mode.

Have fun in the lab everyone.