What's new

Top Players by Skill

Between the two options I have mentioned, which do you value more?

• Technical

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Psychological

Votes: 39 72.2%

• Total voters

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I don't understand how you guys categorize footsies as technical over psychological. Footsies is the first element of mind games in most fighters. Is my opponent going to back dash or not is he going to try to poke again can I wiff punish him. Typically if you win footsies it's absolutely because you made the right read. Now properly punishing after making the right read is a technical skill. But at the heart of footsies is mind games.

That said most NRS games have some characters that don't give a shit about traditional footsies and as such that element of mind games is lost in those matchups.
Batzod

I don't understand how you guys categorize footsies as technical over psychological. Footsies is the first element of mind games in most fighters. Is my opponent going to back dash or not is he going to try to poke again can I wiff punish him. Typically if you win footsies it's absolutely because you made the right read. Now properly punishing after making the right read is a technical skill. But at the heart of footsies is mind games.

That said most NRS games have some characters that don't give a shit about traditional footsies and as such that element of mind games is lost in those matchups.
Different ways to make reads. Offense, defense, and from neutral. You can be better at making reads on offense, defense, and post knockdown but not as good from neutral. This is the case for me.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
We only really played in IGAU as far as lots of games. Didn't play much in MK9 and didn't really play much vs my SZ.

My style with Aquaman was knock you down and keep you there. If I couldn't get knockdowns then I normally struggle with him. Defense online also goes out the window. Had to resort to random B3's to stop you from jumping outside of uppercut range when normally I would AA J2 on reaction to the jump. Also couldn't D1~Rush after blocking B1/B11 because 33, another B1, etc would still hit. Normally you would have to D12~MB Tiara which I can trait out of which forces WW to burn meter and still not launch Aquaman. She could also do 23 and Trade with my D1. This tactic will force WW to never be able to loop he B1 frame trap or get me to take a 50/50 attempt. The meta wasn't really able to expand online which sucks vs a very smart player like yourself. I was also able to hit you with B2's which is complete online bullshit. It was just a crap shoot online.

Of course, if I get knocked down in the corner it was a messed up situation. I could trait and block high which protects me from the 33/b2 but if you dash up and F3, I get crossed up and launched for a combo and end up in the same situation, now without my trait. I could wake up attack to beat the dash F3 but that will lose to a properly timed B2 which also prevents me from using trait and wake up attack. I could guess cross up but still get hit by the non cross up F3. These are just a few of the many scenarios that exist here. It's VERY HARD to "make a read" when there are this many scenarios. This is why IGAU comes down to more pure guessing then pure skill or pure ability to make the better read.

IGAU came down to coin flips (using a 5 sided coin in some instances) without consequence for many characters. Many players that struggle in other fighters could find it a bit easier when so much is based on the SAFE 50/50 where as many other games would punish you heavily or just not even have many (if any) 50/50's. Because of this it could be argued that its actually harder to be good in IGAU due to just how much pure guessing situations you find yourself in. Its always up for debate.
Well actually to be more accurate on 50/50s, this game is pretty fair on them. Go play persona/BB/SG and now your put onto a 5 sided coin where as even if you guess correctly, i still get to presure lol. Grant it, you have dps, Injustice isnt AS setplay as some anime fighters ive played.
However i like injustice the way it is. Leave setplay to injustice and footsies/fundamentals to MK.