What's new

Top 5 zoners in the game?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
There are two different types of zoning styles. There is the ferocious full screen zoning style (i.e., Freddy and Zod). There is also the dominant mid range zoning style (i.e., Kenshi and Aquaman). With these two different zoning styles in mind, I would say...

Full screen
1. Zod
2. Cyborg
3. Zatanna

Mid range
1. Martian Manhunter (with trait)
2. Aquaman
3. Sinestro

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
There are two different types of zoning styles. There is the ferocious full screen zoning style (i.e., Freddy and Zod). There is also the dominant mid range zoning style (i.e., Kenshi and Aquaman). With these two different zoning styles in mind, I would say...

Full screen
1. Zod
2. Cyborg
3. Zatanna

Mid range
1. Martian Manhunter (with trait)
2. Aquaman
3. Sinestro
lol...aquaman zoning....one blocked FTD then you're in. Omg, lets shit ourselves

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I just know Zatanna is up there... Her projectile (ring toss) is one of the bests in the game, puppet master is a great tool, fireball is amazing in some match ups, so is trait.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
i would say it goes something like this
Zod and MMH above everyone else because they still have some pretty silly shit outside of their zoning
Sinestro is a little bit under those two but the same deal with him
Raven is also really good but she is best played defensively, i havent seen many people really play a heavily offensive game with her
After that theres a handful of characters that are candidates for the 5th spot. I feel like Green Lantern is the best candidate for the 5th spot honestly. Lift is a great tool to keep in check and from certain ranges is safe against a few characters if im not mistaken. Also instant air missile is pretty nice and same with MB missile giving some pretty long block stun. also there are a handful of characters that really struggle against traited miniguns i feel. Zatanna has some really nice things but im honestly not all familiar with her so i can't really say much. Deathstroke is also a candidate here but i feel like to play a zoning game with him you have to have to be able to reliable read your opponent's movement and react to shit from full screen which is really effective, but difficult and against a good amount of the cast very risky if you aren't reacting. I feel Deathstroke is best played very turtly and reaction based, but not necessarily zoning, since he has a move that covers almost every single option that your opponent would have. However, i feel like in a good amount of matchups its better to go for a mixup/pressure style Deathstroke. However the matchups where he is better played as a zoner are pretty stupid lol. Cyborg is brought up but i honesty think he struggles too much and some characters that aren't really pure zoners do the job better than him. I've seen Aquaman on here which i can understnd why but i honestly feel like FTD isnt that amazing of a zoning tool. its a great tool to keep people in check and hit them for jumping from full ass screen like a moron but i feel using it primarily as a zoning tool isnt really what its meant for.

tldr
Zod
MMH
Sinesntro
Raven
Green Lantern/Zatanna/Deathstroke (Aquaman/Cyborg are also mentioned but i disagree)

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Lol yea you're in and then almost every character is getting MASSIVELY outfootsied. Ftd is good because it gives aquaman a presence at every part of the screen. It forces characters to move in at a range where he is even better.
thats dumb, hes not a zoner...superman zones better