What's new

Top 5 zoners in the game?

Been meaning to get back into Injustice and I've decided to drop Doomsday. I love the way the character plays but I've always been more of a player who plays patiently more so than rushdown.

I have not set eyes on which character I would like to main as I've been just playing with different ones here and there, but I did want to see if the community has decided on who the top zoners in the game are. I have seen Sinestro and Zod's name being tossed around with Deathstroke mentioned aswell.

Anyways, some input would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Zod is the best. But you'll need to dedicate a year to learning him and invest in a hitbox/fight stick if you want results

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Sinestro is a broken footsie character, not a good zoning character. In the match ups she's allowed to full on zone in, Raven is fucking broke.

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
as a Catwoman player and I suffer from zoners a lot I say
FreakingSUPERMAN -_- sux idk if he's a zoner or a spammer tbh
Raven
Deathstroke
Sinistro
Zatanna

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I think Zatanna has to be up there because she can run pretty free with teleports building meter all day on top of the usual zoning pansy nonsense. She's a nightmare for characters who have to commit to long dashes and hope they don't eat a ring toss just to even try to catch her.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Sinestro is a broken footsie character, not a good zoning character. In the match ups she's allowed to full on zone in, Raven is fucking broke.
Lbsh his footsies are retarded and his best characteristic but he can still absolutely zone the shit out of a significant portion of the cast. Give him meter and trait and have fun trying to get in on that shit.

Blind_Ducky

Lbsh his footsies are retarded and his best characteristic but he can still absolutely zone the shit out of a significant portion of the cast. Give him meter and trait and have fun trying to get in on that shit.
What he does with meter + trait isn't zoning. It's just horse shit like Zod with trait out. You just have to hold his shit. He's not zoning in that situation. You can't exactly zone with a fireball that's - a million.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
What he does with meter + trait isn't zoning. It's just horse shit like Zod with trait out. You just have to hold his shit. He's not zoning in that situation. You can't exactly zone with a fireball that's - a million.
Lol that was an awesome post. I lol'd. I disagree with the last line though. Yes the fireball is minus, but you have to take a chance it won't be meter-burned and isn't the mb version plus too? It's not hard for him to have at least a bar and if he does, he can zone in the sense that you have to guess when you can even try to move forward when he starts hurling shit.

Same with his trait charges. Do I move or is he just canceling it to make me eat another fucking fireball. If he wasn't minus on his one standard fireball nobody would ever be able to do shit against him lol.

Blind_Ducky

Lol that was an awesome post. I lol'd. I disagree with the last line though. Yes the fireball is minus, but you have to take a chance it won't be meter-burned and isn't the mb version plus too? It's not hard for him to have at least a bar and if he does, he can zone in the sense that you have to guess when you can even try to move forward when he starts hurling shit.

Same with his trait charges. Do I move or is he just canceling it to make me eat another fucking fireball. If he wasn't minus on his one standard fireball nobody would ever be able to do shit against him lol.

If you've got a good walk speed then there's no guess. Just walk in on him and hold down when he moves. Also mb fireball is only plus from full screen. Yeah the trait thing sucks and I can't comment on it because I only know how to deal with it from my perspective. Idk how other characters can do anything about it without soul crush or a move similar.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I still don't think Aquaman can be considered a zoner. He's better at punishing some zoning, and playing footsies. He doesn't have projectiles controlling the screen like other characters. If there is such a thing as an anti-zoner though, he would be up there.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I still don't think Aquaman can be considered a zoner. He's better at punishing some zoning, and playing footsies. He doesn't have projectiles controlling the screen like other characters. If there is such a thing as an anti-zoner though, he would be up there.
There IS a thing called an anti-zoner.
He is also called Nightwing.

:DOGE

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Aquaman?!
Technically speaking, Aquaman does zone out a good portion of the cast. If you can't sit back because of FTD but you can't approach him because of everything else in the world he has, he's got a complete tyranny over your spacing, which is zoning at its finest.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Technically speaking, Aquaman does zone out a good portion of the cast. If you can't sit back because of FTD but you can't approach him because of everything else in the world he has, he's got a complete tyranny over your spacing, which is zoning at its finest.
Ah. Well, I play Nightwing. So I wouldn't know about any of that.