What's new

TommyTweedy is now a free agent

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
No. Villain are good as long as they keep their arguments inside the FGC, Tweedy got personal when he went after WonderChef's family issues. Also he openly leaked a list of invitations not yet released to the public, and while that is inside of the FGC, it hurts us as a community.

Who cares? Most of these "pros" wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Why does it bother you what he says about others? Does it effect you directly?

Let the man be himself. At least hes not running a racket on TYM to play games with him...

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Who cares? Most of these "pros" wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Why does it bother you what he says about others? Does it effect you directly?

Let the man be himself. At least hes not running a racket on TYM to play games with him...
Probably because it is a gaming site about all things related to NRS and the competitive scene.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Probably because it is a gaming site about all things related to NRS and the competitive scene.
That's not the point. The point is how does it directly effect you people to the point of having to white knight for other "pros". Its not a.hard concept to grasp.

By you people saying you're happy that he lost hos sponsorship over beef that has nothing to do with you is kind of sickening to be honest.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
That's not the point. The point is how does it directly effect you people to the point of having to white knight for other "pros". Its not a.hard concept to grasp.

By you people saying you're happy that he lost hos sponsorship over beef that has nothing to do with you is kind of sickening to be honest.
I don't think people are happy that he lost his sponsorship because that sucks. They're happy at the fact that a lesson was learned because of his antics which caused him to lose his sponsorship. Yes, he spoke the truth but he went too damn far. There is a fine line between speaking up and speaking too much. And that "too much" is what got Tweedy canned from sponsorship. I look at like this....something like this needed to happen so he can learn how to move different in becoming a successful professional. I'm still rooting for him cuz i believe he can do it.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I don't think people are happy that he lost his sponsorship because that sucks. They're happy at the fact that a lesson was learned because of his antics which caused him to lose his sponsorship. Yes, he spoke the truth but he went too damn far. There is a fine line between speaking up and speaking too much. And that "too much" is what got Tweedy canned from sponsorship. I look at like this....something like this needed to happen so he can learn how to move different in becoming a successful professional. I'm still rooting for him cuz i believe he can do it.

Thanks for the good reply instead of the braindead bullshit that was spewed for 5 pages.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Thanks for the good reply instead of the braindead bullshit that was spewed for 5 pages.
Thank you BUT (i saw you deleted that comment)

Don't do that tho....mean what you say and say what you mean. If you feel this community is toxic, guess what? There's toxicity EVERYWHERE in life! I'm a gay Black Man In America who dresses in women's clothes on grand stages performing for my community as a Drag Queen. BabY and i even get shit in my own community too! Thats life. You either choose to feed into it, or you find ways to make it better. Which road do you plan on taking ?Question mark?

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain

I would say the concern is, that his questionable trash talk puts the community into a bad light. Players, who don't know him, don't view him as Tweedy, who talks trash. They view them as one of us, who doesn't want them to participate in NRS tournaments. Then they view him as a member of a community, that talks trash about dead parents of other community members. And much more.
Now I'm not saying that's what Tweedy stated. He actually didn't. But that's still what some people, who just want to see the world burn, are selling on Twitter right now.

The NRS community is actually very weird, when it comes to drama, trash talk and such things. I remember when FilipinoChamp tried stirring some shit up to get the hype train going. He said he would come to Injustice or Injustice 2 or Mortal Kombat X (can't remember which game) and he would body all of the NRS fools. And man... did certain people from the NRS community went crazy about that. They were legit offended. Emotionally damaged and hurt. They were incredibly toxic towards FilipinoChamp, who was just playing his role of a bad guy.

Same with Perfect Legend right now. That guys says some overconfident stuff, which many deem as ridiculous. And all of a sudden you see members of this community going after Perfect Legends head. It's straight up distasteful.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Never understood why people think drama helps a game.

I dont know why but the title of this thread made me laugh. As if we are talking about a professional athlete here lol.
That is kind of funny. I do wonder though will PL have the same treatment now?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Never understood why people think drama helps a game.

That is kind of funny. I do wonder though will PL have the same treatment now?
There's this saying, "Any publicity is good publicity." We live in the age of Relevance because everybody is so damn A.D.D now they just find something hot, then move on to something else 2 days later.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
There's this saying, "Any publicity is good publicity." We live in the age of Relevance because everybody is so damn A.D.D now they just find something hot, then move on to something else 2 days later.
True, kind of sad but true. Though I would definitely say there are times when some publicity isn't necessarily good lol. I'm just excited for MK 11 in general, I personally couldn't care less about "pro squabbles" and the drama, may as well just watch a Soap Opera know what I mean? lol

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Considering he is
a) good at it
b) paid for it
c) on a sponsored team
d) wearing a jersey
e) has fans
f) has haters

what is is not professional athlete about him?
Professional athletes make a fuck ton of money is the main thing, only the top of the top of the top FG players can make a living off of it. Tweedy as great as he is won’t make a living off gaming.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I know people gonna hate me for saying but I do not in anyway consider people who play video games athletes. I have a lot of respect for people who make money from video games but I just can't. I have been a athlete and a gamer all my life but I think there is distinction between the two.

Maybe some of the DDR people though is close they are crazy as fuck.

I'm out of the loop...did Chris G get taken out of the Summit?
we are old. me too. i gather that he was invited then some girls on twitter said he was racist and sexist (do not know details of this) and chris g and summit mutually uninvited him. apparently someone broke nda and gave tweedy the list and it all started from this?

Yeah his picture really screams athlete to me
i think of it like chess. chess has a world championship. are chess players considered athletes? No. gamers are gamers nothing more nothing less imo.

and not to mention there are only 5 players in the history of fighting games that actually made a living off it. even they ended up using games to bridge to something more like 16 bit.

it is dangerous and delusional to perpetuate that gaming is a legit career. i know many players who fucked over their lives bc of gaming. no school. no job. no skills. no nothing.... all bc they though video games would give them a life.