vs. Noob Saibot 4-6
vs. Nightwolf 5-5
vs. Johnny Cage 5-5
vs. Liu Kang 6-4
vs. Shang Tsung --
vs. Sindel 5-5
vs. Kano 4-6
vs. Quan Chi 6-4
vs. Jade 6-4 (I think he made a mistake: has it listed as 6-4 for Jade's column)
vs. Stryker 4.5-5.5
vs. Sub Zero 6-4
vs. Sheeva 6-4
vs. Baraka 6-4

Finally we can read it without having to go up and down the page. I definitely disagree with many of these.

well with jade, flash/glow is ridiculously useful. it's not that easy to pressure her and you have to be very careful with skulls (assuming they flash/glow at the best times) if shes within jip or even staff slam range. but if she tries to go on the offense you can just d1/3/4 xx gs (dunno about uppercut lol) her and set her up for more pressure/mixups.. oh, wakeups are a huge risk for shang if jade has meter. dunno, it's pretty even. at the most i'd say it's a 4.5-5.5 for shang. i hate flash.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Pokes cancelled into GS isn't a good idea against Jade. Glow has 1f start-up, meaning she can punish skull traps.

well, trying to pressure jade altogether is a dumb idea though. flash/glow is my worst nightmare lol. but yeah, it's either 5-5 or slightly in jade's favor, being that most of her normals suck.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
well, trying to pressure jade altogether is a dumb idea though. flash/glow is my worst nightmare lol. but yeah, it's either 5-5 or slightly in jade's favor, being that most of her normals suck.
Definately. If Jade had better normals/strings, she would kick Shang's ass, but she's in a situation where she has the advantage, yet she cannot properly make it ALL in her favour, which is kinda shitty in Jade's place.

Radz

F4GroundSkull
I wonder why Rain has the advantage in the matchup. I dont have a lot of experience against Rain but i'd say its 5-5. I'd list Kabal - Shang in favor of Kabal though. The gas blasts are a real pain...

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I wonder why Rain has the advantage in the matchup. I dont have a lot of experience against Rain but i'd say its 5-5. I'd list Kabal - Shang in favor of Kabal though. The gas blasts are a real pain...
I'm pretty sure you can do far ground skull to ex skull for a combo when he's zoning you out.

NKZero

Noob
IMO the only reason Tom put Jax match in Shang's favour is because DetroitBalln313 shut him up when he beat CD Jr at NEC......I don't think Shang is at advantage in that match-up. I think it's a 5-5 probably. WoundCowboy whatcha think? Detroit also?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Does Kabal move just past the range of the fGS when doing iAGB? I know Kitana does.
It is possible but it is not as easy for him to do as Kitana- his hitbox is bigger.

IMO the only reason Tom put Jax match in Shang's favour is because DetroitBalln313 shut him up when he beat CD Jr at NEC......I don't think Shang is at advantage in that match-up. I think it's a 5-5 probably. WoundCowboy whatcha think? Detroit also?
I think Tom has this one right. Shang can control Jax's movement better than Jax can control Shang. Gound pound cancels aren't as effective because Shang's projectiles come out of the ground. Obviously Shang is not a low hitbox character, but he can stay crouching and be effective at a certain range. His pokes, like D+4~Gs put him at advantage and force Jax to guess in order to get in. The only thing Jax really has against in this MU is his armored moves, whichcan be punished when you expect them. Contrary to the belief of some (coughcough Tom), Jax cannot outzone Shang.

I wonder why Rain has the advantage in the matchup. I dont have a lot of experience against Rain but i'd say its 5-5.
eh, lightning beats skulls a lot of times, and rain can use lightning xx waterbubble to set you up for more pressure. rain can be pretty mobile against shang because of his exteleport/other armor and meter building, you have to play somewhat defensively and bait a lot, because exRH will blow you up a lot when trying to pressure. on paper rain does likely have an advantage.

Skitzo

Noob
Raiden is an anti zoner character, but i don't think it's impossible for Shang to beat him. 4.5-5.5 imo.

Death

Noob
I do agree with Tom putting Mileena 6-4 over Shang. I feel like Mileena controls most of this MU. I ran this MU with Detroit a lot in the past. Granted it was online but judging from the MU Mileena has a much easier chance to win than Shang. Mileena can out-zone Shang pretty easily. Mileena can also tele kick any skull attempt does. Shang can win games by rushing Mileena down but shangs rush down isnt too intimidating to the point where he beats Mileena. Mileenas D+4 is very tough for Shang to get around. Solid 6-4 MU for Mileena IMO.

I noticed the MU said 5-5 with Kitana. I remmeber Detroit saying its one of Shangs worst MUs...

DetroitBalln

tupac aint dead
I always had the Shang v Jax match up 6-4 in Shangs favor, but after playing CD Jr in casuals, I agree with it being 5.5-4.5 in Shangs favor.

DetroitBalln

tupac aint dead
I do agree with Tom putting Mileena 6-4 over Shang. I feel like Mileena controls most of this MU. I ran this MU with Detroit a lot in the past. Granted it was online but judging from the MU Mileena has a much easier chance to win than Shang. Mileena can out-zone Shang pretty easily. Mileena can also tele kick any skull attempt does. Shang can win games by rushing Mileena down but shangs rush down isnt too intimidating to the point where he beats Mileena. Mileenas D+4 is very tough for Shang to get around. Solid 6-4 MU for Mileena IMO.

I noticed the MU said 5-5 with Kitana. I remmeber Detroit saying its one of Shangs worst MUs...

I agree with Mil vs Shang being 6-4 Mil.

I disagree with Kit vs Shang being 5-5. After running the MU a lot more, I have to say its a 6-4 in Kitanas favor.

EDIT: I'm going to start working on my own ST tier list

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I agree with Mil vs Shang being 6-4 Mil.

I disagree with Kit vs Shang being 5-5. After running the MU a lot more, I have to say its a 6-4 in Kitanas favor.

EDIT: I'm going to start working on my own ST tier list
I really don't know about Mil being 4-6. What does she do that Shang doesn't have an answer to? I know he can't punish EX tele very hard, but still. Her mormals are really slow and her pokes are almost worthless against his pressure (D+1 -6 on hit) and D+4 is good but still too slow to beat the GS pressure. Once he gets her in the corner it does not see like there is much she can do. I agree with Kitana though. She has an answer for everything. How do you play the MU DetroitBalln313 ?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Whats so hard about Kitana? She cant throw fans so she's forced to stay on the ground.
Nah man. She can literally Iaf at full screen and the skulls cannot touch her. She controls the pace. Shang's only legit answer is the EX SS. Even if a skull hits, her fan will usually connect and prevent you from getting a combo.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Upskulls hit her, if memory serves.
Only after you get a knock down or catch her not using the instant air fan. The animation is too slow so the iaf knocks Shang out of it when she is full screen. You have to rely on her not doing a true Iaf, which is not a good situation.

Radz

F4GroundSkull
The fans shut your Groundskulls down and upclose Kitana is hard to deal with as well. I cant see that matchup being 5-5, it has to be 6-4.