What's new

Toasty String and Special list.

KRYS9984

Noob
I'm 99% sure I've never seen a Toasty from Cyraxs' B2 (hit on or under opponent in a juggle) or Kenshis Rising Karma / F2,2,B1 launcher.

The b'n'b that would be Kenshis' best Toasty Boost option is (credit goes to Pig Of The Hut):

F2,2,B1 >> F2,2 Rising Karma >> REVERSE UPPERCUT >> Spirit Charge.

It needs to be a heavy launcher to activate a Toasty so Cages' options (for example) don't seem to be viable.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jade's b2 doesn't toasty either though it's a heavy launcher. Or at least I have never seen it do.

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
Would Sindel's 312 string and Kartwheel count as toasty triggering moves since they are "hard launchers?"
I've do many a raw ass step up kicks/end my BnBs with it and I've never seen a Toasty but... I could just be super unlucky? Also I rarely use 312 >.>

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Somebody try Jax F22B1

I'm pretty sure it brings out toasty.

Also pretty certain :exground pound does not.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I've do many a raw ass step up kicks/end my BnBs with it and I've never seen a Toasty but... I could just be super unlucky? Also I rarely use 312 >.>
Makes sense, it's weird trying to find out what strings or moves trigger this since the toasty is so rare

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If only we had that GDLK +20 Hellfire from MKA :D
I know right? Or even that +10 ON BLOCK Pi Gua standing 3 from MKDA!

I don't know when I'll get around around to it but I really do a reminder/nostalgia thread on why NRS made Scorp the way he is now in MK9 :p

I know right? Or even that +10 ON BLOCK Pi Gua standing 3 from MKDA!

I don't know when I'll get around around to it but I really do a reminder/nostalgia thread on why NRS made Scorp the way he is now in MK9 :p
If his f3 was a little more similar to his Hapkido 3 it would improve footsies

UsedForGlue said:
Cyrax's non reset B&B's that include uppercuts into Mid bombs.
Rain's B&B which includes an uppercut mid combo (chance to break during his 43 Lightning)
Any Mileena B&B that ends in an uppercut, (opponent will have to input after they get up, no breaker required)
couldn't those just be classified as uppercuts though? no need to specify that they're uppercut bnbs, since it's the uppercuts themselves that activate it.

definitely never seen jade's b2 cause it. i'm pretty sure i've gotten toasty off of jade's u3 (AA), but i can't remember exactly. i've gotten toasty off of johnny's EX flipkick, i doubt the normal version would make dan pop up. i've never seen it off of 12b1 with sektor but i know for sure ex teleport has caused dan for me before.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I think Ive gotten Toasty off of Sindels U4...I just cant remember if it was as an AA or during a corner combo...

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
UsedForGlue For Jade best options are: jik, dash 12, dash d2 for 21% for standing opponent and jik, dash, d2 for 18% for a ducking opponent. For cross-ups works jik, dash, 12, dash d2 for 21% as well. Also she has a reverse uppercut combo: d2, dash, d1-staff.
Most damaging combo off of 34: jip, 34, en-OS, dash, 12, dash d2 for 36% also has the uppercut.grab.
I'working on finding her toasty input. And I'll check b2, u3 and 342.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
do you mean air juggled as well or just combo'd on the ground? o-o
This is what needs the most focus IMO. We know it can be done b either player, but we need to know for sure if you must be grounded.

Cat

Do you happen to know if Scar tried to input it first before breaking in that video? Or did he just go for the break then the boost?

This is what needs the most focus IMO. We know it can be done b either player, but we need to know for sure if you must be grounded.

Cat

Do you happen to know if Scar tried to input it first before breaking in that video? Or did he just go for the break then the boost?
i only entered it after i broke

Flagg

Noob
Hi guys.

Can we all post below the moves and specials that activate a toasty? If they can be confirmed, I will add them to the list, this could be possibly a viable mechanic if we can nail the most standard strings and specials that give the opponent time to steal in on the boost after a breaker.

So far we have confirmed:

Kabal's B121 launcher
Cyrax's non reset B&B's that include uppercuts into Mid bombs.
Rain's B&B which includes an uppercut mid combo (chance to break during his 43 Lightning)
Any Mileena B&B that ends in an uppercut, (opponent will have to input after they get up, no breaker required)
Kung Lao's Spin (AA, not B&B)
Cyber Sub Zero's 212+1 launcher
Reptiles :ex Acidhand.
Sindel's U4

NEED CONFIRMED:
Sektor's 12B1. J360
Sektors Teleport punches. (A few mentions of naked :ex teleport) J360
Cyrax's B2 launcher (IMPORTANT THAT WE CONFIRM THIS) Krayzie
Cyrax's :ex Ragdoll Krayzie
Smoke's 3D12 Launcher
Smoke's 32 Launcher
Smoke's B24
Cages B3 Showtime
Cages Nut Punch or :ex nut punch (I may have seen it once, but can't say for certain) Showtime
Cages Flip Kick Showtime
Scorpions B2 Launcher
Jades B2 Launcher
Kitana's F21
Kitana's B2Jax :ex Ground Pound.
Kenshi's F21B1 Launcher
Kenshi's Rising Karma
Skarlet's 212+12 Launcher
Skarlet's Overhead slashes.
Sonya's B21F2 Launcher
Sonya's Cartwheels
Sonya's MS B2
Nightwolf Axe Swings. Pig Of The Hut
Freddy's NMS Launcher

I am not sure if the above list activate toasty or not, but I am sure I have seen some of these moves do it before, the others are just common launchers that allow a chance to break.
I genuinely never noticed CSZ 211+2 triggered toasty and I play CSZ all the damn time. Nice to know Sindels U4 does the trick as well.