What's new

Toasty String and Special list.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi guys.

Can we all post below the moves and specials that activate a toasty? If they can be confirmed, I will add them to the list, this could be possibly a viable mechanic if we can nail the most standard strings and specials that give the opponent time to steal in on the boost after a breaker.

So far we have confirmed:

Kabal's B121 launcher
Cyrax's non reset B&B's that include uppercuts into Mid bombs.
Rain's B&B which includes an uppercut mid combo (chance to break during his 43 Lightning)
Any Mileena B&B that ends in an uppercut, (opponent will have to input after they get up, no breaker required)
Kung Lao's Spin (AA, not B&B)
Cyber Sub Zero's 212+1 launcher
Reptiles :ex Acidhand.
Sindel's U4

NEED CONFIRMED:
Sektor's 12B1. J360
Sektors Teleport punches. (A few mentions of naked :ex teleport) J360
Cyrax's B2 launcher (IMPORTANT THAT WE CONFIRM THIS) Krayzie
Cyrax's :ex Ragdoll Krayzie
Smoke's 3D12 Launcher
Smoke's 32 Launcher
Smoke's B24
Cages B3 Showtime
Cages Nut Punch or :ex nut punch (I may have seen it once, but can't say for certain) Showtime
Cages Flip Kick Showtime
Scorpions B2 Launcher
Jades B2 Launcher
Kitana's F21
Kitana's B2Jax :ex Ground Pound.
Kenshi's F21B1 Launcher
Kenshi's Rising Karma
Skarlet's 212+12 Launcher
Skarlet's Overhead slashes.
Sonya's B21F2 Launcher
Sonya's Cartwheels
Sonya's MS B2
Nightwolf Axe Swings. Pig Of The Hut
Freddy's NMS Launcher

I am not sure if the above list activate toasty or not, but I am sure I have seen some of these moves do it before, the others are just common launchers that allow a chance to break.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Can we get some contributions?
cant think of anything that already isnt in the confirmed bar swag uppercut corner combos certain chars have.
the cyber sub launcher one is news to me though

im trying to think did i ever get any weird toastys with baraka/mileena, nothing jumps to mind

UsedForGlue

cant think of anything that already isnt in the confirmed bar swag uppercut corner combos certain chars have.
the cyber sub launcher one is news to me though

im trying to think did i ever get any weird toastys with baraka/mileena, nothing jumps to mind
The thing is, Toasty is sometimes activated of ''high impact''. I have defiantly seen a toasty from cages :ex nut punch for example, but I need it confirmed.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Kenshi doesn't activate toasty with any of the things listed, he does have a "bnb"(sort of) that has an uppercut, when I get the time I'll try to get it to happen in the combo to test.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
UsedForGlue - In one of my old online fight videos, I get a Toasty! from Reptile's Enhanced db2, just tested again to see if I could get it again, and I got it after a few matches of trying. This Reptile input can be put on the confirmed list.

*Edit*

Also, if anyone wants to test Reptile's 1221 to see if it might bring out a Toasty! also. It does pop up like other moves that bring it, so this could be tested also.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
TylerLantern

Have you ever gotten a toasty from anything on the list? Especially a cyrax B2?
I am trying to think back. I have gotten it from Lao's spin, but that is already on the list. I will get started now on working on finding out if these give a Toasty!. Finding these is a pretty big deal, as we all need to know what can lead to a Toasty.

UsedForGlue

I am trying to think back. I have gotten it from Lao's spin, but that is already on the list. I will get started now on working on finding out if these give a Toasty!. Finding these is a pretty big deal, as we all need to know what can lead to a Toasty.
Thanks man.

These are all that come to mind right now.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Would Sindel's 312 string and Kartwheel count as toasty triggering moves since they are "hard launchers?"