What's new

Titanfall - what the heck is it

haketh

Noob
My only gripe with the game so far is that they have some skilless weapon known as the smart pistol which basically promotes having no aim. The game has potential to be competitive with a few minor tweaks and I enjoy playing it a lot. We will see how the maps and the community turns out on release, but I give it a positive review.
The Smart Pisol is only good for farming creeps, it's not meant to be used against players because it's garbage in that case.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Imagine playing Crysis, yet it has the movement of CoD with some new wall jumping/climning mechanics. Oh and it has mechs...

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
The Smart Pisol is only good for farming creeps, it's not meant to be used against players because it's garbage in that case.
Garbage is a strong word. It's not optimal, but I can easily go get 10 pilot kills by jumping around with stim and a smart pistol. Was it made for killing creeps? Yeah but it is pretty effective at killing pilots as well.

halo CE sniper, but one shit kill??
I'm not sure you can use that in a normal load out. I got one using a burn card. It did not serve me well with how slow it was in both fire rate and time to shoot. I'm generally not good at sniping but I don't see it being OP or anything like that.

haketh

Noob
Garbage is a strong word. It's not optimal, but I can easily go get 10 pilot kills by jumping around with stim and a smart pistol. Was it made for killing creeps? Yeah but it is pretty effective at killing pilots as well.
It's only effective against really bad people though, the better the player it's effectiveness drops to pretty much nothing.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
It's only effective against really bad people though, the better the player it's effectiveness drops to pretty much nothing.
Well with that argument, everything becomes ineffective with good players.

I guess this is just the general Titanfall discussion thread now, so I'm gonna go ahead and post this here. Here are some jumping strategies on Angel City to attack evac points and B-Flag from the street level as fast as possible.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Someone should make a master list of PC and XB1 users so we can all congregate.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
If you're a beast with wall running etc. it's money against those that don't or stand on roofs. I'm sure that will change in time though as people get better at the game hence your better the player statement. Half the reason I use it is because it makes people so mad :DOGE

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Who all else plays for pc? This games awesome but would be a lot more fun to play with friends...better hurry tho beta ends tomorrow

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
halo CE sniper, but one shit kill??
(I'm gonna relate this to Modern Warfare 2 since I have like 400+ hours on that game and almost none on any other cod game)

Basically in MW2 a sniper rifle had to be a one shot one kill if you hit the torso or the head to be viable. In MW2 (like titan fall) the character models are small and move around really fast you rarely ever got a chance for a second shot.

That's why IMO the longbow-DMR is ass right now. It gets out performed by the assault rifle at mid range but still has difficulty killing at long range. As people run around and jump it's common to only get off a single shot before they've returned to cover. You only get clean kills if someone is in the open or have caught someone camping a spot. If you use the silencer forget it, 3+ shots to kill.

The upside to MW2 snipers was that bullets had no travel time so leading wasn't necessary. If the Titan Fall .50 cal sniper has slow travel time it's going to be complete shit since you won't be able to hit any non AI enemy that isn't totally still

Last edited:

EGGXI

Scary Bat
HNNNGGGG

EDIT: pretty low accuracy bar. that's strange, I hope the round doesn't have such a slow travel speed that it's not viable
It's a one hit kill weapon in a game that is primarily played out in the open. An extremely accurate rifle that kills in 1 hit would ruin Titanfall for me I think.
I think I died more to shotguns than anything else. The range on them is surprisingly large and their fire rate is decent as well. But inside a building a guy with a shotgun should usually win. And I think the primary weapons strengths all come at different ranges.
Agreed, I kinda suck in Titans so I spend most my time hunting pilots, and I switched to the Shotgun pretty fast over the Smart Pistol. The Run & Gun tactics in this game are strong.
I'm just waiting for the Halo 2 Remake. I heard it's coming to the Xbone!
It is. I'm pretty sure I sort of know of someone who is testing it now.
It is kinda neat. I will play it casually until they try and make me buy EA DLC.
I don't think EA actually has much to do with it, they are just the distributor or something. IDK I could be wrong.

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
The original people who worked on CoD MW or MW2 not sure created this. Another call of duty with giant iRobots running around. I like how people are calling it a call of duty killer which it won't be.