What's new

Titanfall - what the heck is it

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
FPS game where you can get in and out of mech's. Oh and it has wall running and stuff. It looks really good, only thing that sucks is its limited to 6v6.

Yoaks

A spaceman
COD 4 with MECHSSSSSSSSSS
Basically. But I've heard it's alot of fun. I'll probably not get it cause it's mp only, have to but X1 (which theres only 2 games I'm interested in. KI and TitanFall), DLC has already been announced from what I've heard, along with the sequel. So..it sounds like this game is gonna have a short life-span.

AssassiN

Noob
Supposedly a game where COD dudes will do bad in and unreal tournament players do good. I'd pick up that shit if I weren't getting Dark Souls 2.
Where did you hear that?
I don't think any UT players will like Titanfall...

Got the beta for PC, got sick of it after playing for an hour.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Eh. Most fun shooter I've played in years basically.
It's your standard FPS meat thrown into a game that doesn't punish you for wanting to go fast, climb shit and do incredible things.

I'm a fan of it, at least on PC so far.
Where did you hear that?
I don't think any UT players will like Titanfall...
I play UT, it's one of my favourite games and I gotta say I love it. It's true that it has "Modern Warfield" elements, but the mobility and movement and general lack of realism reminds me of faster, high mobility shooters like Quake and UT.

Basically shit is fun, the beta is limited but I have really high hopes for the main game.

AssassiN

Noob
I like how in the matter of 6 minutes, Pig goes "Eh, sounds lame..." to "Okay, fuck what I said, this looks sweet".

Also, anyone wondering where Qwark got that from... https://twitter.com/MKKI_CDjr/status/435563257181782016
Are you kidding me?
As a long time UT player, there is nothing similar between UT and Titanfall except it's a little bit fast-paced.
If he would have made that comparison with Brink, he would have been right.
The gunplay is totally based on COD, you've got free running in Brink while the mechs are somewhat refreshing.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Are you kidding me?
As a long time UT player, there is nothing similar between UT and Titanfall except it's a little bit fast-paced.
If he would have made that comparison with Brink, he would have been right.
The gunplay is totally based on COD, you've got free running in Brink while the mechs are somewhat refreshing.
1-on-1 combat feels the same as Unreal in the way that it goes down, also the fact that ammo management isn't high on the list of priorities.
It could just be that both games feel good, but I think it's that most showdowns don't consist of shoot/strafe/take cover, like in UT jumping during fire fights is encouraged. It's really nothing like COD other that aiming and reloading a gun.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Its pretty fun. My only gripe is they give you an insane amount of ammo for seemingly no reason. You spawn with like 500 bullets for each gun. Wouldn't it be better to have at least somewhat limited ammo, then when you get in your titan it refills it, or something like that?

Also you have literally unlimited ammo with the titan. I guess that's ok, but it would be cooler to have a finite amount then you would have to pick up a dead titan's gun.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Its pretty fun. My only gripe is they give you an insane amount of ammo for seemingly no reason. You spawn with like 500 bullets for each gun. Wouldn't it be better to have at least somewhat limited ammo, then when you get in your titan it refills it, or something like that?
I think it has partially to do with not wanting to punish you for staying alive and killing people, and for the most part I think it has to do with the AI bots guys. If you have limited ammo why bother killing them at all really.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
So it's basically transformers crossed with cod? yawn! kinda looks like a complete rip off of the crisis games too.i have no idea how people still get excited for fps's.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
After playing the beta for about five hours I have to say is it's a mix of CoD, Tribes, Unreal with a slight feel of Battlefield since even with being only 6v6 there is always something blowing up around you and/or engaing you. The titan (mech) is really just an extension of the pilot (player) since it's suprisingly easy to control, agile but oh so deadly. I grew tired of CoD over the years but I was honestly impressed by the gameplay of Titanfall and the experience it provides.

Ill have some gameplay of the beta uploaded to my channel by tomorrow since I'll have to sift through a bunch of content.