What's new

Three New Characters that could have the most potential for MK10

Who out of the three do you want the most to make it into MK10?

• Total voters

REO

Undead
OK so with all the recent babble on MK10, I can't help but want to chime in. I believe these "New" characters could have the most potential for MK10 strictly game-play wise. And by "New" I mean characters that were not playable in the remake of Mortal Kombat (2011), AKA MK9. Now before any of the names alone spark a controversy, think about the potential behind the characters first...

Sareena = Demon

Let's be real, NO ONE knows what Sareena really looks like. The fake portayel you guys are used to that claims to be "Sareena" in past MK games are just an illusion that masks her true form. Sareena is NOT human. She is pure 100% Demon. She is given a human image by the sorcerer Quan Chi at the price of serving him. Honestly, NRS could get the ball rolling in so many directions with this concept for MK10. They can literally bring back and re-introduce Sareena as her "Demon" form (before she meets Quan Chi) which would be HYPE. Or use her human form in conjunction with her Demon form during gameplay (possibly as a new x-ray or stance transformation). It would be insanely sick and I know they could pull it off well with what they try to go with.

Sareena's special abilities are also unique to the MK world. She is an illusionist with "mirror" emitting agility. They could technically give her a move where she creates illusions of herself or have the multiple illusion effect for a bunch of her attacks that could confuse the opponent. It would look brilliant. For her agility, she can have a bunch of multi-hitting attacks. What other character in MK hits you with a flurry of lightning-speed kicks and punches during gameplay like E. Honda and Chin Li? No one in MK but Sareena.
Did you know Sareena was featured in the background of the pit in MK9 as an NPC?

Tremor = MK's Goliath

Let's face it, out of all the variety types of ninjas MK offers, Mortal Kombat still doesn't have a unique Earth-bending ninja with the esque of a body builder. Who better to fit this role than super strong, boulder shattering, earthquake causing, Tremor? Tremor would be MK's goliath. Literally every character would need to run away from his clutches. He could be made as the toughest character to take down health-wise, or most damage inducing and chip damage slinging guy the game has to offer. NRS could work with a lot of possibilities in making him unique.

Tremor could have an array of specials abilities that could make him unique. He could cause earth quakes or tremors (see what I did there ;)) that could reduce the movement speed of the opponent on the field. Tremor can also have a command grab attack where he breaks a limb from your body and for a short time the opponent cannot use attacks that involve that limb with attack buttons (perfect combo ender). He could have unblockable command grabs that would make him risky to slug with up close. They could also give him full screen unblockable ground strikes. Maybe his X-Ray (super) could be that he makes the wall in the corner behind his opponent collapse so they have to run towards Tremor to avoid the debri? The ideas are plentiful with Tremor.
Did you know Tremor was a playable character during small segments of the challenge tower for MK9 Vita?

Shinnok = Summoner

Shinnok is a god who is strong enough to call upon the fiercist and most demonic creatures to ever set foot into existance. This guys will literally summon some of the most vile beings to tear your insides out. Shinnok would be MK's spell abusive fiend or better classified as "zoner" for some of you who are fond with that type of gameplay. He would probably have low health or be easy to exploit on wake-up since his specials are going to be on the more powerful side.

Shinnok would have an ability to summon a decayed demon's hand that would track you on the map, grab you, and slam you back towards the wall. The enhanced version of this attack would be he summons a decayed demons hand that appears from the top of the screen and it anti-air grabs the opponent and slams them to the ground popping them them up for a juggle. He could have a special ability where he can convert projectiles thrown at him into super-meter to fuel his evil energies. He could probably also create portal rifts and place them around the stage (in ground or air) where if you touch them, you end up full screen with your back turned. Giving Shinnok an X-Ray or a Super where he summons an evil entity that harasses the opponent on the map would be awesome as well. (think a more unique version of Zod's trait)
Did you know Shinnok was featured as a NPC at the end of MK9's story mode?

IMO, these three characters are very flexible and offer a lot that other characters in the franchise would not be as proficient in. NRS has so many ways to build off their distinctive character traits and it would be glorious if all three of these characters made it into MK10 as part of the roster.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Shinnok is guaranteed
Tremor would be great even though he would be ninja jax or just a command grab character :(
also what happened to that thread where someone made moves for tremor? it was awesome

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Shinnok is going to be in...he sounds like a zoner to me.

Sareena though should be in this one.

OK so with all the recent babble on MK10, I can't help but want to chime in. I believe these "New" characters could have the most potential for MK10 strictly game-play wise. And by "New" I mean characters that were not playable in the remake of Mortal Kombat (2011), AKA MK9. Now before any of the names alone spark a controversy, think about the potential behind the characters first...

Sareena = Demon

Let's be real, NO ONE knows what Sareena really looks like. The fake portayel you guys are used to that claims to be "Sareena" in past MK games are just an illusion that masks her true form. Sareena is NOT human. She is pure 100% Demon. She is given a human image by the sorcerer Quan Chi at the price of serving him. Honestly, NRS could get the ball rolling in so many directions with this concept for MK10. They can literally bring back and re-introduce Sareena as her "Demon" form (before she meets Quan Chi) which would be HYPE. Or use her human form in conjunction with her Demon form during gameplay (possibly as a new x-ray or stance transformation). It would be insanely sick and I know they could pull it off well with what they try to go with.

Sareena's special abilities are also unique to the MK world. She is an illusionist with "mirror" emitting agility. They could technically give her a move where she creates illusions of herself or have the multiple illusion effect for a bunch of her attacks that could confuse the opponent. It would look brilliant. For her agility, she can have a bunch of multi-hitting attacks. What other character in MK hits you with a flurry of lightning-speed kicks and punches during gameplay like E. Honda and Chin Li? No one in MK but Sareena.
Did you know Sareena was featured in the background of the pit in MK9 as an NPC?

Tremor = MK's Goliath

Let's face it, out of all the variety types of ninjas MK offers, Mortal Kombat still doesn't have a unique Earth-bending ninja with the esque of a body builder. Who better to fit this role than super strong, boulder shattering, earthquake causing, Tremor? Tremor would be MK's goliath. Literally every character would need to run away from his clutches. He could be made as the toughest character to take down health-wise, or most damage inducing and chip damage slinging guy the game has to offer. NRS could work with a lot of possibilities in making him unique.

Tremor could have an array of specials abilities that could make him unique. He could cause earth quakes or tremors (see what I did there ;)) that could reduce the movement speed of the opponent on the field. Tremor can also have a command grab attack where he breaks a limb from your body and for a short time the opponent cannot use attacks that involve that limb with attack buttons (perfect combo ender). He could have unblockable command grabs that would make him risky to slug with up close. They could also give him full screen unblockable ground strikes. Maybe his X-Ray (super) could be that he makes the wall in the corner behind his opponent collapse so they have to run towards Tremor to avoid the debri? The ideas are plentiful with Tremor.
Did you know Tremor was a playable character during small segments of the challenge tower for MK9 Vita?

Shinnok = Summoner

Shinnok is a god who is strong enough to call upon the fiercist and most demonic creatures to ever set foot into existance. This guys will literally summon some of the most vile beings to tear your insides out. Shinnok would be MK's spell abusive fiend or better classified as "zoner" for some of you who are fond with that type of gameplay. He would probably have low health or be easy to exploit on wake-up since his specials are going to be on the more powerful side.

Shinnok would have an ability to summon a decayed demon's hand that would track you on the map, grab you, and slam you back towards the wall. The enhanced version of this attack would be he summons a decayed demons hand that appears from the top of the screen and it anti-air grabs the opponent and slams them to the ground popping them them up for a juggle. He could have a special ability where he can convert projectiles thrown at him into super-meter to fuel his evil energies. He could probably also create portal rifts and place them around the stage (in ground or air) where if you touch them, you end up full screen with your back turned. Giving Shinnok an X-Ray or a Super where he summons an evil entity that harasses the opponent on the map would be awesome as well. (think a more unique version of Zod's trait)
Did you know Shinnok was featured as a NPC at the end of MK9's story mode?

IMO, these three characters are very flexible and offer a lot that other characters in the franchise would not be as proficient in. NRS has so many ways to build off their distinctive character traits and it would be glorious if all three of these characters made it into MK10 as part of the roster.
i love shinnok and i personaly think he will be im the game without a doubt. I mean he is plotting with quan chi (i wouldnt be surprised if he was in it either) to take over. I hope and i believe shinnok will be in MKX

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I think Shinnok is a lock though given the end of MK9 and the fact that the plot is going to at least partially involve his "Netherrealm uprising."
That being said, I'd love to see Sareena in the game with a moveset and character design that incorporates her demon form in her normal strings, or as a stance change mechanic or something.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Sareena is extremely interesting and I love the demon/human hybrid. To be honest, I think there are several characters that are all but guaranteed to be in MK10...especially the characters in the background of MK9.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Shinnok might end up being a Freddy like character. Think about it he could have fireballs and then summon hands to come out and grab you at three points like Freddy.
I kinda always liked Sareena's design just make sure she can't spam daggers do something more unique.
Also Tremor we need more Ninjas yo. Seriously the ninjas are cool in MK. He is probably going to have an amazingly broken grab where he pummels you into the ground or something where you can EX it for full combo.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Sareena! Definitely. I also temember she was put in the colisseum background as a slave along with Tanya and others....

Ashrah has also a lot of potential imo and it isn't just because i want her so bad lol

Tremor would be dope

And Shinnok is like 90% confirmed i guess because of the endeng of the story mode in MK9

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Shinnok is my favorite boss and there's no way he's gonna be left out. Don't care for the others...

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The real question is should the characters that died in MK9 return? It would be heaven sent for fellow loyalists. Also should the returning cast receive new moves and strings? Scorpion got a flip kick and new strings in Injustice, so why not in MK10?