What's new

Three New Characters that could have the most potential for MK10

Who out of the three do you want the most to make it into MK10?

• Total voters

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Shinnok, I've always thought he was pretty cool and I think he could be very interesting gameplay wise.

JDM

Noob
Tremor would be fucking awesome. Fujin would be my number one pick though.

Drahmin would be my favorite character to put in, but I know he won't be in. So, Fujin.

REO

Undead
Yo she has the power of voodoo? She needs to be in the game!

Dat voodoo. Bitch gon' stab you up in your sleep. But seriously it would be awesome though if she could pull out a doll of her opponent and start stabbing it up in the middle of a fight, lmao.

Also I wanted to put Havik on the list but had no idea what to put for him. (gameplay wise). He was weird in the 3D MKs and didn't really use his special moves much at all. Maybe they'll give him limbs that extend or something? He is definitely one of the top three badass looking characters IMO, though.

Also like Ashrah, Fujin and Reiko suffer from the "clone" syndrome and I hate when characters share more than one special move from each other. I really hope they get their own 100% unique skill move sets. Fujin with the Ermac / Kung Lao hybrid of lift / uprise and dive kick. Reiko with the Noob Saibot teleport and Li Mei circular kicks. Pls stahp.

Who the fuck are Kia and Jataaka
They're with Sareena and part of The Brotherhood of Shadow.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
@R.E.O.

Excuse you, how could you forget to mention the ever so fierce Reiko? One of the few male characters that I find interesting not to mention the hint at actually being Shao Kahn!!!

Dat voodoo. Bitch gon' stab you up in your sleep. But seriously it would be awesome though if she could pull out a doll of her opponent and start stabbing it up in the middle of a fight, lmao.

Also I wanted to put Havik on the list but had no idea what to put for him. (gameplay wise). He was weird in the 3D MKs and didn't really use his special moves much at all. Maybe they'll give him limbs that extend or something? He is definitely one of the top three badass looking characters IMO, though.

Also like Ashrah, Fujin and Reiko suffer from the "clone" syndrome and I hate when characters share more than one special move from each other. I really hope they get their own 100% unique skill move sets. Fujin with the Ermac / Kung Lao hybrid of lift / uprise and dive kick. Reiko with the Noob Saibot teleport and Li Mei circular kicks. Pls stahp.

They're with Sareena and part of The Brotherhood of Shadow.
I've been telling people that MK needs a character with voodoo powers, and not just as a fatility, I could see her pulling out the doll mid strings and stabbing it up for stylish combos, she could also be a human voodoo doll herself to where she mutilates herself so that it does damage to her opponent, but not to her. For her projectiles I could see her using various potions or voodoo magic dust as a form of zoning.

Potions:
Her potions can have 3 different traits to it, one can temporarily take 1% damage off the opponent for 5 secs if it connects. Another potion can temporarily disable an opponents special move for 5 seconds. The final potion can reverse an opponents input buttons for 5 seconds, messing up their block button and directional movements so forth and so on.

She can ingest these potions and spit them out at her opponent, close, mid, or far range.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I've been telling people that MK needs a character with voodoo powers, and not just as a fatility, I could see her pulling out the doll mid strings and stabbing it up for stylish combos, she could also be a human voodoo doll herself to where she mutilates herself so that it does damage to her opponent, but not to her. For her projectiles I could see her using various potions or voodoo magic dust as a form of zoning.

Potions:
Her potions can have 3 different traits to it, one can temporarily take 1% damage off the opponent for 5 secs if it connects. Another potion can temporarily disable an opponents special move for 5 seconds. The final potion can reverse an opponents input buttons for 5 seconds, messing up their block button and directional movements so forth and so on.

She can ingest these potions and spit them out at her opponent, close, mid, or far range.

Check my old take on ashrah back in 2012
I like this thread ^^ Since Rathalos is already doing this, why not do this with characters we would like to see in MK10,? I know you guys will probably kill me, i just didn't felt like creating another thread to post this up, i will gladly post any MK 3d character after i post these up, since i wish these 3 in Mk10 so bad. so here are my ideas.

Notes: i would love Kia to be an High execution character placed around 10% zoning 60% rushdown and 30% counter zoning. A stoic personality that can easely be seen that she can hit characters really hard with her strong hands and legs.

Name: Kia
Origins: Netherrealm
Alignment: Evil
Enhanced special color: Black

Story: Kia is a demon of the netherrealm that belongs to the sisterhood of Shadows, along with Jataaka and Sareena, Kia is the captain of the sisterhood and is ordered to guard Quan Chi whenever he goes.

Style: Netherrealm guardian arts form 1 ( though the name is imaginary, its a MA style that can strike at any surface with the fingers alone to transfer Ki (internal energy) and destroy components from inside out of a body, no matter how hard the shell is)
Weapon: Boomerang Blade
Original Mythologies Design:

Mk10 Design:

Special moves:
Tricky Blade Toss: Kia Toss her weapon that travels midscreen. hold-able for powerup and speed charge-up.
notes: Instead of traveling vertical like jade, it could travel Horizontal instead and some good startup
Enhanced: Kia throws the blade with two fisical reflexes that can hit the opponent as well. The Hold-able version can be dash canceled.

Translocation Dash Strike: Kia Warps herself towards tracking the opponent at 1 and 1/2 dash range and Punches really hard on the opponent's belly making them move a few steps back in pain (giving a small frame advantage just for a small ex TDS and standing 1 link) it resets on air hit.
Enhanced: Kia teleports tracking the opponent within range of 2 and 1/2 dash and pokes the opponent in the eye making them cry they eye out while bleeding and moving a few steps back. She can Dash Cancel the strike only when enhanced.

Netherpush: A ki strike that hits characters out of the air on a very specific range.
Enhanced(Pyramid Field): The enhanced version allows a second hit that brings the opponent a bit closer to her and a 3rd hit that bounces the opponent like a basketball.

Blade Trap (Multiple commands): Kia throws her weapon at some distance on the ground, with a second comand it can be summoned back at her hitting whoever is between her and the blade. The blade disappears after some time if not summoned back.
Enhanced: An after-image of the blade hits the opponent after the original blade first hit.
Note: The weapon can't be summoned if the character is taking hit.

X-ray (Precision strike): Kia warps towards tracking the opponent with a spinning hell kick into her opponent's head making them look down while she prepares a very powerful hit with the two fingers, and strikes them in the chest really hard (animation goes internal and we can see the camera following a invisible ki going from the chest to the opponent's spine splitting it in two) then she jumps in the opponents face (Face sitting) and sit on his shoudlers and spins 180º snapping his neck (internal vision), then she backhand springs from this position and slams the opponents entire body on the ground)

Combos (relevants):
11b14 ( A string that ends with a powerful roundhouse kick) that can be special canceled on any hit, though only on 4 the TDS links.
21d3U4 ( A string where last hit launches the opponent in the air)

Fatality: Kia makes her blade disappears, then makes it appear in the opponent's body growing and cutting them from inside out.

Fatality2: Kia gives an evil laugh and turns into a demon, restrains the opponent with black magic and lift them at distance, then she absorbs the opponent's life to the point where there is only bones, she then turns back to normal and look into the camera showing her demon eyes with a dark smile.
Jataaka should be a half sword play, and half hand to hand character who can use both during her gameplay, mostly a zoning character but with some good stuff on the other areas as well.

Name: Jataaka
Alignment: Evil
Enhanced Specials color: Silver

Story: Jataaka is one of the 3 demon guardians assigned to guard Quan Chi whenever he goes, after Sareena's betrayal, Jataaka joins Kia in order to capture Sareena and kill her if necessary.

Style: Netherrealm guardian arts form 2 (Its just a mix between hand and sword play actually)

Weapon: Laser Sword Kushimitama (means god's spirit)

Laser cut: Jataaka slices the air in vertical shape creating a laser cut that travels midscreen (it can be ducked)
Enhanced (Double Laser cut) Two slices, two lasers, hits mid, has to be blocked

Dark River: Jataaka stabs the blade on the ground creating an electric fieald that electrifies who ever touches
Enhanced (Soul Prision): Same as the old one, but deals more damage as pulls the character close

Absorb: Jataaka rises her sword and nulifies projectiles giving her a special projectile meter that can be used afterwards
Enhanced (Guardian Counter): Jataaka rises her sword to block an attack slashes upwards launching them in air.
Kamaitachi: A super laser slash that covers low and mid areas while traveling, can only be jumped, teleported, or armoed and can only be used after Jataaka sucessfully absorb 10 projectiles

Flying slash: Jataaka Jumps slashing whoever is in front of her with a powerful slash.
Enhanced(Revenge slash): an armored version of the flying slash that adds a second hit that pops up the opponent in the air.

Guardian Stance (on this stance jataaka increases her swordplay into specific samurai stuff, it can be dash canceled or special canceled.)

Moon Slash: Jataaka Slices from down up shaping a circunference and launching characters in the air)
Sweep Slash: Jataaka slices in sweep
Clean cut: Jataaka slices in overhead
Power cut: Jataaka performs a evasive step backwards and quickly travels towards with a very powerful cut that sents characters flying away

Draw Stance (on this stance Jataaka uses another sword stance which her blade is on the seathe, it can be dash canceled, or special canceled.)
Double Mid slash: Jataaka slices twice in mid range
Sweep Slash: jataaka slices in sweep.
hop slash: Jataaka jumps towards and slashes down the enemy for a overhead knockdown.
Reverse Slash: Jataaka steps backwards and return quickly upslashing the character into the air.

X-Ray (Steel on the Bone): Jataaka dash crouching and performs a spinning kick that stuns the opponent, then she grabs the sword with both hands and stabs through the opponent's eye(internal damage shows tbe blade going trough the bone and coming from the back), she pushes back and while the opponent is in pain, Jataaka enters on draw stance and goes trough the opponent with a clean slash that can be seen as internal damage cutting everything on the belly. The opponent flies in the same direction jataaka traveled when cutted him allowing a small window to continue a combo.
Combos:
( i would leave this to NRS to match along with the special moves)
Fatality: Jataaka stabs the opponent in the belly and rises her sword up until cut him in two halfs.
Fatality2: Jataaka toss her sword which stabs in the opponent's throat, then she uses her power to electrify the sword until the opponent explodes like a bomb.
After Sareena i will post my version of Ashrah and then i will try mavado ^^
Finally Sareena, a well rounded character in all areas, i would keep her strit to the original hooks she had before, i didn't like much of the knifes to begin with.

Anyway here is my sareena

Original John Tobias Design

Name: Sareena
Alignment: Evil at the beggining /Flipped to good in the middle of the story.

Story: Sareena is a demon from the netherrealm who has dreams of a life beyond serving the brotherhood of shadow, after serving the brotherhood for a long time, she gets an one lifetime oportunity and escapes into earthrealm to have a different life, however since she betrayed the brotherhood, her former collegues, Kia and Jataaka are now chasing her to bring her back dead or alive.

Style: Netherrealm Guardian arts form 3 (Sareena style is a mix of flexibility and lots of kicking and weapon mix)

Weapons:
Kama (Standard)

Demon Fang (Command Style)
The rod on the John Tobias pic

Special Moves
Kama throw: Sareena throws her kamas into the opponent.
Enhanced (power Kamas): A Strong version of the Kama throw that inflicts more damage

Void Spin: Sareena Spin really fast like Kung lao hitting however is nearby while she slighly modes towards.
Enhanced (Void Destruction): Sareena Spins really harder, that can push characters nearby to hit on her spin, it countains armor.
Note: Both version launches.

Get down here: Sareena throws her Kama in the air catching the enemy and by creating a magic chain, she pushes them back to her.
Enhanced (Get down here Silly): Same as the old one, but with an addictional hit.

Rising kick: Sareena performs a wheird spinning kick upwards as she spins.

Demon Fang (command special, alla nightwing)
Sareena switches her stance into the steel rod, it doesn't changes back even if she gets hit.

Demon fang specials moves
Demon Fury: Sareena throws the rod spining, in the ground.
Enhanced (Demon Rampage): Sareena throws the rod bouncing.

Air Demon Fury: Sareena throws the dagger from the air.
Enhanced: I throws the a bigger rod.
Guardian's might: Sareena swings the rod with both hands sending them flying backwards.

X-Ray (Demon's Strengh): Sareena spins to pull the character closer, and when it hits, it stabs them in the chin with the Kama blade from reverse (down to up) slice, she pulls it back and now stabs both on the chest, and to finish, Sareena jumps on the Kama's handlers on reverse position and knees the opponent really harder that the internal damage shows the skull bashing.

Combos:
Some combos endes on Demon Fang Stance, others ends on Kama's Stance.

Finishers
Up to you guys, i'm sleepy now.
Ashrah

Special Moves
Heavenly Blast: Ashrah Throws a white blast from her hand
[Hell's Blast:] Enhanced version of the blast instead this one turns read and deals more damage
Nature's Torpedo: Ashrah spins Foward her opponents and send them flying
[Wild's Torpedo:] Enhanced version of Nature's Torpedo, hits the opponent 3 times before sent him flying.

Voodo Stance: Ashrah takes a doll from her pocket and grab her weapon (Kriss) Can be canceled
Proprieties: Every character at the 1 and half dash distance will be affected except for armor moves or projectiles, yet the moves can be blocked
Follow ups
- Stab: Ashrah stabs the doll and inflicts damage on the opponent
- Crack - Ashrah rips a member of the doll and inflicts pain on the opponent
- Rise - Ashrah Stabs the doll violently on the spine that the opponent bounces

Xray "Purification" - Ashrah stabs the doll on the feet and the opponent get stuck in the floor, she quickly teleports and using her fist she uppercuts the chin(internal damage shows the jaw being cracked) she teleports and chop the opponent on the spine (internal damage shows the spine being cracked) she jumps and lock her legs on the neck and backflips causing the opponent's head to hit the ground (internal damage shows the skull being cracked in several ways)

Fatality "Spirit Melt": Ashrah uses her sacret fire to burn the opponent to the bones from bottom to head erasing him from the screen while he screams to death.
Secret Fatality "Voodo doll": using her doll, Ashrah cut off the opponents both arms and stab them in the knees imobilizing them, and finnally she throws her kriss right to the throat to end their suffering.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/creating-move-lists-for-mk10-characters.15036/page-2

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Sareena and Bi Han are besties so I'm cool with her being in if it guarantees Noob's return.

Also, why isn't Havik on this list? Shinnok is a given and will probably be a Shang/Freddy hybrid.
It's not even Bi Han that spares her.

Can't wait for Bi Han in whatever state he is and Shinnok.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Maybe some new ones, but keep the signature ones like they did with Scorpion in Injustice.
Like, Sub needs his 22, Mileena needs her u4, Cage needs his f3, Kano needs his...sweep?
I'm not keen on them changing the inputs much. Not sure why they changed Scorp's 111 to 112. At the same time though, up +button commands need to go. Getting nj4 instead of Mileena's u4 online used to piss me off to no end and I'm getting the same problem with Killer Frost's u3 in Injustice
lmao stuckerz, kano sweep lmao

Havik should be an option as well, alot of his moves involve him breaking/dislocating his own limbs/torso, this would be great to bring back to the MK series because it's always good to have something to cringe at in a MK game.

Colares

Noob
It made me worried that in Mk9 some background characters were too similar to the 3D era bad designs. Frost's hair that no one likes for example.
Ashrah story is the worst. A demon killing other demons with a blade to purify her sins but in the end the blade is made to kill vampires and corrupt the soul of the user instead of cleaning.
Sometimes I even forget that Kai and Jarek existed they are so bland.
Sareena, Havik and Shinnok big yes'.
I voted for Sareena because Shinnok is a given and she can lead the story with the other assassins vs Jade, Mileena, Kitana.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Lost my attention at "strictly game-play wise".
Shinnok will have most potential story wise.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
@R.E.O. : You and I both know without a doubt old Shinnok is coming back, its just a given. Tremor IDK though just unsure!
Sareena with the way you described her, sounds similar to a style like Zatanna turned, just hopefully with better normal this time lol.
Fun read though!

Ashrah BTW for everyone, was pretty much the Female Raiden!