What's new

This may be it...

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Just wanted to let you guys know that this might be my last tournament for a long time and maybe forever. I was gonna quit completely after VXG but the love for MK drives me to play it and also my disappointing performance this weekend as well. I'm am so emo about how I played it was ridiculous. Hopefully I do better next time and sorry for letting you guys down :(

If you as the community keeps MK strong then I'll continue to go to tournaments. Not trying to travel to play a game that's dead. Getting a job soon so money won't be an issue. Keep MK going guys!!!! This game is great and I'd hate to see it die.

Also shoutouts to GGA 16 Bit GGA Dizzy for getting first and second. Shoutouts and PROPS to Wafflez.

Anyways guys its been awesome. Make MK come back to evo and VXG again and I'll be there for sure.

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Good shit at VxG, you still played awesome. As for MK dying...stay tuned brotha, I have something brewing that'll get you excited ;)

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Thats the thing with Kabal, going from online to offline, different monitors, etc. All can throw your timing off slightly and when you've built in that muscle memory to your setup at home, it can make stuff you land 10/10 botch it up. Its not as easy as it looks.

You still placed and got some government money though right? Thats tight and you should be happy with that. Congrats.

PS: Stole your flash parry jump over on wakeup, thats shits gooood. :)

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Anyways guys its been awesome. Make MK come back to evo and VXG again and I'll be there for sure.

Dude. You played pretty well. I think the fact that GGA have regular high level offline meetups showed this tournament. They were all really on point and ready.

MK will stay alive I have no doubt. There are those of us that are too stubborn to let it die. #EVO #2014 #MK9

AND you placed in 2 games! So be happy mon :)

187x

Noob
why go back to cage when he plays a high level kabal? he plays the best character in the game that has 0 bad matchups and has every tool, but he should go back to cage lol.

everyone has their bad days but still 5th place is really good

Just wanted to let you guys know that this might be my last tournament for a long time and maybe forever. I was gonna quit completely after VXG but the love for MK drives me to play it and also my disappointing performance this weekend as well. I'm am so emo about how I played it was ridiculous. Hopefully I do better next time and sorry for letting you guys down :(

If you as the community keeps MK strong then I'll continue to go to tournaments. Not trying to travel to play a game that's dead. Getting a job soon so money won't be an issue. Keep MK going guys!!!! This game is great and I'd hate to see it die.

Also shoutouts to GGA 16 Bit GGA Dizzy for getting first and second. Shoutouts and PROPS to Wafflez.

hope you are back come the mk10 days :).

why go back to cage when he plays a high level kabal? he plays the best character in the game that has 0 bad matchups and has every tool, but he should go back to cage lol.quote]

I was jokingly referencing the fact Curbo dropped Johnny Cage for Kabal.
Kabal might have no bad match-ups and every tool in the game + superior meter-building, but his greatest weakness is human error. It just so happens that Kabal requires higher execution and consistent overall performance, which makes human error more likely to occur.

As long as Kabal and the rest of the top six are in this game in their current overpowered state, Johnny Cage will not be a better option because he is a "reasonably overpowered" character.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Join the club, man. :( I'd gone into retirement myself after EVO wrapped up. But trust me, regardless of what people say, MK9 is still standing on strong legs thanks to the community. Best of luck with wherever life takes you. We'll be waiting for your return.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Did you really need to make a thread about retiring???

This was a really cool story that entirety of TYM needed to know about
I remember my 1st sob thread.

K have fun not being at Tournaments. Have fun.
your that lesser Kabal player right? don't get ass prints on the door on your way out <3
I understand your point, but taking a break (retiring) from travelling to tournaments isn't something that needs it's own thread. If you wanted it to be about if Injustice is a game worthy of travelling to, that is what the thread should have been about.

As a side note, I highly doubt any Capcom player will stick with INJ for a year or more other than Chris G (plays everything, continues to play MK9 even) and Art (loves INJ and also stuck with MK9 for a year in the tournament scene)
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Noob
CURBOLICOUS

I went through the same thing with softball. I am an A level Men's softball player and I played in tournaments all the time. I had a bad outing one day... didn't hit, didn't field well... nothing went right. I wanted to retire... because I wasn't having fun.

I took time off... 2 years to be exact. Maybe you need some time away to enjoy it again... maybe you just need to remember that the REASON you play is for fun. Ultimately, without the fun, you'd never have begun playing in the first place.

The other thing to remember, is something that changed my ENTIRE softball life. You need to keep things in perspective... and someone said this to me and it changed how I look at softball FOREVER...

ANY day ON TOP of the dirt is better than one under it.

In essence, all that means is that even a BAD day of softball was better than getting home and not having any softball to go play.

In your case, a BAD day of MK is better than not being able to play MK at all.

Take your time and learn to have fun again.

You've made lots of friends in this community, online and offline. You came on to this scene and proved your skill as an "online" warrior moving to offline. You have a lot to be proud of and a TON of accomplishments under your belt.

Now, compete when you want to... but have fun... and let me say that again with emphasis...

HAVE FUN!!!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I think you're being kinda harsh on yourself man. We all have our aspirations, but I'd give anything to place 5th at my first major in almost 6 months.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I was being sarcastic dummy. Remember when I made a thread about quitting after evo??

I dont remember ppl being so nice.

http://www.testyourmight.com/index.php?threads/34121/

Love how everyone is so comforting here though. :)

Right well....COUGH hm hm hmm......my b, and for the record if I saw that thread I would've left roses on your door step with a note that said sweet little nothings and a heart felt good-bye...

Edit: *Reads Thread* This is getting awkward...I'd just like to extend an apology and move on with my day now. ;__;

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Lol

Reads post
Sees who posted
Although I'm old and near geriatric stay I remember a certain someone posting same thing

Curbo, play Mens D league, way more fun and you can be drunk before, during and after the game and have a great time. I've been playing for 15 yrs now, love it!

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness

Did you have to make an infinitely egotistical thread in which you shamelessly glorify yourself for winning one tournament match over Pig of The Hut?