What's new

This community does not want a balanced fighting game.

I don't agree at all that Injustice is slow pace though. It's a very fast pace game with matches ending in under 1-2 minutes tops. That's super fast compared to a lot of fighters I'm used to. I guess it depends on the matchup too. But I've never felt like Injustice was "slow".

edit: I thought this was PL's thread.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Why are there so few people that has the guts to say the truth like above :u? And to all the Injustice fanboys saying people don't have patience or nosense like that, listen, the game is BORING AS HELL, that is why the majority don't play it nor watch it, is freaking boring. Just deal with the fact that the game is crap for the majority of the FGC and stop saying people have no patience, don't want a balance game, etc.
I hope the door hits you too.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Why are there so few people that has the guts to say the truth like above :u? And to all the Injustice fanboys saying people don't have patience or nosense like that, listen, the game is BORING AS HELL, that is why the majority don't play it nor watch it, is freaking boring. Just deal with the fact that the game is crap for the majority of the FGC and stop saying people have no patience, don't want a balance game, etc.
I hope the door hits you too.

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
i think the main problem with this game is that every one is safe on everything. so there is not that much risk in doing a lot of things.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
no we don't want a balanced game, We want a shallow scrubby ass game that requires little to no thought in order to win, Now THAT is a fighting game :D

webreg

Noob
There are "pro" players who give straight-forward honest assessments of characters, including their mains. I have always said Aquaman very badly needed to be nerfed (and likely still does even more) for the benefit of the game. At UFGT9 I even talked to the developers to make sure the OTG bug I was abusing but wasn't well known was going to be patched.
Yes I understand that there are people like you in the community but in the end you are taking quite a risk here where the odds are actually against you. Let us imagine NRS would actually base their decisions solely on community feedback (which they hopefully don't). If they were to follow your argument and normalizes Aquaman, yet no prominent Superman or Batman player takes the same stance as you are and as a consequence they remain the same, then you just put yourself at a huge disadvantage. This is the reason why people like you with your attitude will always be outnumbered. Unfortunately.

This is a well known problem in the gaming industry. Riot (League of Legends) tries to solve this by hiring former professional tournament players, giving them a solid salary and prohibiting them to play at tournaments during the time they work there and for some time after they leave (enforced with a contract and monetary penalty). Since those players have no more stakes in the competitive scene they are free to actually work unburdened and without bias to improve the overall balance of the game. I've read that Capcom has a similar concept but since they are a lot less transparent than Riot this remains speculation I guess. As long as players are in any way competitively invested in the game they are not a reliable source of feedback. I'm not saying all the pro players here are arseholes and try to manipulate the game. The effects even work subconsciously and I would bet you are biased in some way as well even if you try to overcome it. That's just the way our brains work.

It's obviously not too boring to the casuals. If I remember the game was the top selling game for a few months. Also I couldn't find a used copy at GameStop for shit.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
What does a character like Lobo need to be up there?
I am very glad you asked:

Lobo:
  • Slightly decrease startup on b2
  • Change 1,1,3 into an Overhead. This would give Lobo more mix-up options.
  • Add more invincibility to Hook Charge on wakeup to make it more viable on wake-up.
  • Allow MB Armor on Hook Charge to activate MUCH sooner. It currently only activates AFTER the chain swing, this is a problem.
  • Give Party Crasher slightly more priority
  • Lower Lobo's Vertical Hurtbox while dashing forward
  • MAYBE Change Hook Charge's Chain hixbox to be similar to MMH's Traited B2. If you actually look at the chain swing in Hook Charge, it covers an area very similar to MMH's traited b2. Changing this hixbox would greatly improve Hook Charge as a DEFENSIVE TOOL to stop characters from crossing up on Lobo and would make Hook Charge a viable wakeup option against cross-ups and neutral jumps.
Lobo's Trait:
  • Decrease Trait Activation time
  • Give all Nuclear Shell Shots armor breaking properties. df1, df1b, df1d, f21, 213, b3, f3
  • Allow Nuclear Shell Low Shots to float the opponent toward Lobo instead of away.
  • MAYBE allow Lobo to stack up to two Nuclear Shells

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Furthermore, these players also praise Mortal Kombat 9 as though Johnny Cage, Kenshi, and Sonya had gameplay that was appealing to the eye.
For the record, I'd rather watch Sonya and Kenshi fuck each other over than watch some overly entitled Sub-Zero and Stryker players masquerade Ice clone, walkback, Ice ball, etc. and standing 4~ baton sweep as footsies respectively.

That's precisely why all of these low tier tournies that are championed as breathing new life into the game garner zero interest.

3. Support NRS, so that we get a great Mortal Kombat 10.
I remember supporting Shaolin Monks and getting Armageddon in return, a game that served no purpose other than to further every aspect of Deception's mediocrity.

I then supported the re-releases of MK2 and UMK3 and we got a MVC wannabe from it, which then sealed Midway's liquidation.

LBSH, Namco doesn't use Tekken's arcade cabinet revenue to fund Soul Calibur development.

Too many players are forcing themselves to play a game they would not be interested in under adequate circumstances. Even if it were handled by Sega who are revered for fighting game balance. Anyone who thinks Injustice has any bearing on the future of Mortal Kombat (especially after how badly Scorpion's trojan horse appearance was handled) is, shall I say, a fool.

Flagg

Noob
Pretty sure I fell asleep watching this. I don't remember.... because I fell asleep.
Watch the end when Daigo picks Balrog, how much better the match gets. I get watching Sagat mirrors and Sagat vs Ryu lame, but Daigos balrog destroys Choi's Sagat.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I dont understand why you would spend so much time on a forum of a crappy boring terrible game.
I know for a fact that your terrible at this game, just by reading your posts.
So why do you want everyone to stop playing a game you personally dont like, are you really so egocentric? I pity you

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I dont understand why you would spend so much time on a forum of a crappy game.
I know for a fact that your terrible at this game, just by reading your posts.
So why do you want everyone to stop playing a game you personally dont like, are you really so egocentric? I pity you
Don't be stupid, I don't "want everyone to stop playing the game", also don't be arrogant, you don't "know for a fact that I'm terrible at this game, just by reading my posts". And don't get full psycho at me because whatever issue you have in your life. No, I don't "pity" you.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Don't be stupid, I don't "want everyone to stop playing the game", also don't be arrogant, you don't "know for a fact that I'm terrible at this game, just by reading my posts". And don't get full psycho at me because whatever issue you have in your life. No, I don't "pity" you.
LBSH your bashing the game since day one and i never see you post something usefull or contribute in tech forum.
Alll you do is complain or bash on this game.

If you dont want ppl to stop playing, but dont like the game, then why are you here making another post trashing injustice?
Go somewhere else, we dont need digimon copycats here

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
LBSH your bashing the game since day one and i never see you post something usefull or contribute in tech forum.
Alll you do is complain or bash on this game.

If you dont want ppl to stop playing, but dont like the game, then why are you here making another post trashing injustice?
Go somewhere else, we dont need digimon copycats here
What the fuck are you talking about? I don't like the game, that is true but I never post anything about people should stop playing or shit like that. I'm not the only one that thinks the game is boring for you know, and while it is boring to me it could be the best game for a lot of other people. If you have a problem with me posting how I feel about the game then you will have to deal with it, you can ignore me if you want, I'm not gonna miss you. When MK9 was the main game in this forum I posted just compliments, why? Because I love the game, so don't try to show me as a fulltime complainer or something else. And no, I'm not a Digimon copy, do yourselve a favor and avoid my post or go cry to someone else.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
But why are you here then?
What the fuck do you care? Why are you still quoting me? (I don't care btw). Man, I told you, whatever issue you have it's not my problem, I don't know why you have a grudge but other people posted the same way before than me. If you are still mad then I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm the cause of your problems.

What does anybody mean by balance at this point? Do you mean perfect or imperfect balance?

A perfectly balanced fighting game would be everyone goes 5 - 5 with everyone. No one character has any advantage over the other and everyone is viable. However, this breads stagnation. Chess is a perfectly balanced game and while it's not impossible to come up with new strategies, it's very difficulty and they probably won't be viable. A perfectly balanced fighting game will almost always eventually (d)evolve into a rote gambit and a rote counter.

On the other hand imperfectly balanced games use the imbalances to balance each-other out. A verity of options allows for strategies and counters to emerge dynamically and as needed. One tool-set might be really good, but there might be a hole in them that can be easily exploited by another. It creates a cyclical structure where one strategy becomes dominant, a counter is developed and then becomes dominant itself, and then a counter is developed for that and so on. Of course, the risk of an "all-strategy" being found does exist in a imperfectly balanced game as well. A toolset can be too dominant and nearly unbeatable.

So what does balance mean in the context of these discussions? What kind of balance don't we want? It's kind of hard to reach a consensus when you don't define your terms and you have people working towards diametrically opposed goals.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This is what i've been saying all the time... It doesn't matter you don't like a grappler or zoner or rushdown as long
as there's enough for people who do so the roster is balanced and everyone can find a character to his likes.
If nobody played a grappler the Grundy/Bane forums would be empty wich is not the case nor is the Deathstroke forum empty.
I also think scrubs/zoner haters destroyed Deathstroke, the nerfs where too strong in my opinion.
Netherrealm listens too much to these people that cry for nerfs if they can't directly beat something.
However Injustice is lost cause of the throwing respawning objects to each other and stage transitions in my opinion it
destroyed Deception and now Injustice! Also the last DLC looks like crap so it's clear they're working on MK10 since
it has to be finished in 2 years from now so lets all support the perfect balanced roster for MK10 is my suggestion.
I cleaned up this post to remove the offensive stuff. Please do not use derogatory remarks like those, please. Thank you.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Also, I'd like to add that this game has caused one hell of an uproar in terms of what people expected out of this game lol. It's pretty comical at points, and in all truth, sad.​
"This game is this" "This community is this" "MK9 is gonna die" "Keep MK9 alive cuz this game sucks" "Injustice is better...MK9 sucks"​
I'm just saying, this community is showing itself to be its own undoing.​