What's new

Things that need fixing in MKAK - Use this thread ONLY

Noob
I could be wrong, but I noticed 2 things in the matches I played last night:

UMK3

- Naked crossover jumps are too fast, in the arcade version, XBL, and Mame, this is a free uppercut...everytime!
- While using Sindel, my opponent did an ice clone. I blocked and was pushed into it(while blocking) and was frozen.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
wait...... so you guys thought they were going to perfectly put 3 classic arcade systems on to one downloadable client for a mere 10 dollars, WHILE they are busy patching Mk9 (which you complain about all the time). And you expected it to be not laggy or buggy?
Hey, it's fair to expect things to be at least as good as a five-year-old port!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I still think there's some input problems with this port offline for UMK3. I just seem to have problems buffering specials, such as Nightwolf's Shoulder and uSub's Ice Freeze. It seems if you do it too quickly, it doesn't register the input. It's not very noticeable unless you're trying to react aa Shoulder Charge though, and newer players will not even realize it.

I'm I the only one experiencing this?

MKK hanzo

I could be wrong, but I noticed 2 things in the matches I played last night:

UMK3

- Naked crossover jumps are too fast, in the arcade version, XBL, and Mame, this is a free uppercut...everytime!
- While using Sindel, my opponent did an ice clone. I blocked and was pushed into it(while blocking) and was frozen.
- PS3 I bet? I felt like a frameskip is on that version. Sometimes feel faster sometimes dont. But its VERY minimal like 1 or 2 random frames skipped so sometimes the game speed up a bit then goes back to normal.

I still think there's some input problems with this port offline for UMK3. I just seem to have problems buffering specials, such as Nightwolf's Shoulder and uSub's Ice Freeze. It seems if you do it too quickly, it doesn't register the input. It's not very noticeable unless you're trying to react aa Shoulder Charge though, and newer players will not even realize it.

I'm I the only one experiencing this?
mmm I didnt experienced any toruble with this. I thought of that at first trying to punish blocked sweeps and I found that the switches of my stick are wearing so I replaced them and worked like a charm (I mean with double tap moves). And finally confirm that everything is good trying hard as hell ermac combos that require precise timing.

Im talking 360 version here. PS3 seems almost MKT like fast... SOMETIMES...

I'm not nearly good enough to be considered a pro player at these games, but from being a software developer my own speculation is that they emulated all of the game logic from the original games, so all of that should be arcade perfect (as in theres no move properties that have been changed at all). However, theres the chance that inputs are being dropped/delayed which is causing the game to feel different. Theres definitely frameskip going on online. Haven't seen it offline, but it could be one of those things where its dropping such a small amount of frames that you don't really notice it but makes enough of a difference to the gameplay.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't v-sync the games because of the input problems it had. V-syncing would probably have made it worse. And they obviously put in a new sound system which is probably why theres a ton of sound glitches and changes.

Isn't it a shame that MK9 is running at 60FPS LOCKED on 360 but they can't even get these 20 year old games to do the same?

2D FPS netcode is different from 3D FPS netcode.

3D is easier to buffer online. They should've studied BlazBlue's netcode.

SZSR

Noob
Ok guys, if we want this patched, we need to intelligently and respectfully get on them about making this right.
Other than Twitter, are there forms of communication open to the public which we can use to begin addressing our issues with the game to Other Ocean?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
From the MK Facebook page:

"Thanks to all of our fans who purchased the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection and your continued support. We are aware of the issues with the game and are currently working on a patch to address them for all systems. Our goal is ensure the best gaming experience possible for everyone playing a Mortal Kombat game. Please stay tuned for updates on when a patch will be released."

https://www.facebook.com/MortalKombat/posts/258440340854037

Noob

"Thanks to all of our fans who purchased the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection and your continued support. We are aware of the issues with the game and are currently working on a patch to address them for all systems. Our goal is ensure the best gaming experience possible for everyone playing a Mortal Kombat game. Please stay tuned for updates on when a patch will be released."
Good work everyone!

Great to hear it, NRS!

Thank you to everyone who let their voices be heard and thank you for NRS giving us this info in a timely manner.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
Hey, it's fair to expect things to be at least as good as a five-year-old port!
Try less than four. The Nintendo DS UMK3 port had accurate gameplay, better online (!), and even had every character unlocked from the start and the Puzzle Kombat bonus game to boot.

They actually managed to make a PS3 version of this game that underperforms online and off when compared to the NDS one. They deserve a fucking award for that sort of "accomplishment."

well done everyone! Thank you. I am so glad to hear this. I hope they notify us when the patch is complete so i can play the game how it was suppose to be
played online. Thank you

game menu music volume is louder than game music, this is very noticeable, most of the times on mk2 and umk3
gampelay is not the same as the arcade....

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice to hear that, I had no doubt they care about the fans and our experience! Guessing someone linked this thread to them? Just saw this post today right now was about to post this link to this thread on their FB but already taken care of apparently....

On a sidenote: I never believe they were "lazy" as some people put it, but just overwhelmed between MKK and MK9 updates while coming up with ideas I'm sure already for MK10....so I can't be too harsh on the MK team themselves, I do think WB rushed NRS to put this out though imo just a tad. But we'll getting patches so I'm fine!

Thank you NRS and WB for hearing us!:)

Nice to hear that, I had no doubt they care about the fans and our experience! Guessing someone linked this thread to them? Just saw this post today right now was about to post this link to this thread on their FB but already taken care of apparently....

On a sidenote: I never believe they were "lazy" as some people put it, but just overwhelmed between MKK and MK9 updates while coming up with ideas I'm sure already for MK10....so I can't be too harsh on the MK team themselves, I do think WB rushed NRS to put this out though imo just a tad. But we'll getting patches so I'm fine!

Thank you NRS and WB for hearing us!:)
Hector and Paolo were both on the stream chat last night so I assume they got the message pretty quickly. I did tweet the thread to both of them as well. I don't think its a coincidence that both of them got overwhelmed with requests for a patch last night (not to mention all the requests to Boon, Other Ocean and WB Games) and already this morning they announced that there would be a patch.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Oh yeah for sure, that's cool that they were on the stream chat. No doubt they've been busy as hell lately between MK9 and MKK lol

BTW, @massive Kano, actually no the UMK3 DS didn't come with Mileena, Ermac and C. Sub unlocked you had to unlock them however ONCE You unlocked them unlike stupid Xbox ports, they stayed unlocked :)

jamessmk

I am your god
Good work everyone!

Great to hear it, NRS!
You and the MK kommunity should be proud. Make this a true homage to MK where it all began. To every person who submitted a bug. Great job MK 9 is great. But this the roots

OG yo

Tim Static

Adminerator
Try less than four. The Nintendo DS UMK3 port had accurate gameplay, better online (!), and even had every character unlocked from the start and the Puzzle Kombat bonus game to boot.

They actually managed to make a PS3 version of this game that underperforms online and off when compared to the NDS one. They deserve a fucking award for that sort of "accomplishment."
UMK3 DS still had you unlock the hiddens, but it was only the Player 1 part of the UKK, not all 10 slots. fyi

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
When I tested this a couple of months ago, I couldn't use my Soul Calibur II stick with a PS3/PS2 converter, didn't seem to fully support it. Can anyone confirm if you can use PS2 sticks via a converter???

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Cheers Tim, Might have been the converter I used, but don't have any problems with the new Mortal Kombat, just didn't seem to fully function when I tried it (The joystick couldn't select anything, but the buttons were fully functional.