What's new

Things From IGAU That You Hope WON'T Make It In Injustice 2

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
The only character that was killed by Grab Immunity was Grundy

I've asked this before but I want to make it an open discussion.

What do people have against the mechanic?

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Glad I saw it previously mentioned, but Back to block, at least give us the option to assign it to a button.

But like many others, I don't want to see:
Shit walk speed
godlike jump ins that lead into safe 50/50
Lack of reliable anti-airs

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
the worst thing in IGAU was the air dash that made your block inputs cross up. or the F3 tech with WW/Flash in the corner.
What's funny is that most guys who mained these characters didnt even know how to block these cross ups themselves.

NW was one of the most glitched characters in the game and no changes were done for it.

Crusty

Throw invul is fine when it's done selectively, but their was so much of it on moves that were safe/plus it made things hard on Grundy for no reason.
Why should a move that I do while grounded make it to where the opponent can't grab me?
So I checked the Grundy forums afterwards. FUCK, that must've been unbearable

E

Eldriken

I'm kinda iffy on Grab immunity, I think some moves should maybe disregard it, it certainly shouldn't be on moves that armour break, or have other usefull properties.
I don't think it should be removed entirely, but it shouldn't be as prevalent.

So I checked the Grundy forums afterwards. FUCK, that must've been unbearable
Nah. If you want unbearable, see the Grundy vs Hawkgirl MU.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Glad I saw it previously mentioned, but Back to block, at least give us the option to assign it to a button.

But like many others, I don't want to see:
Shit walk speed
godlike jump ins that lead into safe 50/50
Lack of reliable anti-airs
How would that even work though? Cross ups are a huge part of the gameplay. You add a block button, you take that away. Also, having to hold back to block adds to the footsies game.

RoGE

Noob
How lenient some of the inputs were, I kept getting accidental moves when I tried blocking and attacking. I'd like the option to turn off diagonal inputs in special moves on the ground. I'm talking about Down-down/back +4 counting as Down-back +4. It's hard to explain.

And no I don't play on traditional controls with quarter/half circle motions.

Crusty

OH, nearly forgot

Incorrect frame data.

Then, again that is the sole reason why I lab sometimes.

omooba

fear the moobs
y'all are tweaking. i hope all the broke shit comes back broker. other than glitches. the set ups and otgs and vortex's and unblockables and da damage and pew pew in all it's over powered glory

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Vortexes of any kind. I can handle a 50/50 if it doesn't lead into another 50/50, but those vortex loops have got to go. They're not fun for casual players, they suck for tournament players (no skill, just pure guessing), and they're not fun to watch for spectators. Safe 50/50s also need to go. If it's a true 50/50 guess, the defensive player should be rewarded for guessing correctly.

If Injustice II is back-to-block, then any move that side-switches and counts as an attack (i.e. Scorpion's teleport) needs to go. Those moves are fine for button-to-block games, but they fuck up the flow of back-to-block gameplay pretty severely. Yeah, you can hold "down" to block, but it's a weird requirement. If I have to learn a new way to fundamentally play the game just to combat a single move, that's a problem.

25/25/25/25s: Characters like WoWo had some pretty insane ambiguous high/low/front/back setups. If even the player controlling the character doesn't know how you should block their attack, that's a problem.

Earthshaker: Fuck you, @Eldriken! Any move that must be blocked high-low within a 2-frame gap needs to go! I'm sure they're fine for offline play, but us online warriors can't fight our opponent and input delay if doing so requires 2-frame precision. Hopefully rollback netcode will help alleviate this issue, though.

8/2 and 9/1 matchups.

90-minute stage transitions. Some of those transitions were like those youtube videos that have like 20-second intros. I don't care how cool it looks, by the 10,000th view, I'm over it.

Batgirl.

[Edit] Oh yeah, and Grab Immunity

Last edited:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
A lot of general stuff was already mentioned.

So my first one is a dumb nitpick, but I hope they get rid of that dumb animation where your opponent gets up really fast and then falls over when you beat them.
It looked so janky.

The other, is the Wager system.
I think it was mostly fine for the first game, but I have had my fill.
The animation was just too long. And with the way the mechanic works, I don't think you can reasonably shorten it.

E

Eldriken

Vortexes of any kind. I can handle a 50/50 if it doesn't lead into another 50/50, but those vortex loops have got to go. They're not fun for casual players, they suck for tournament players (no skill, just pure guessing), and they're not fun to watch for spectators. Safe 50/50s also need to go. If it's a true 50/50 guess, the defensive player should be rewarded for guessing correctly.

If Injustice II is back-to-block, then any move that side-switches and counts as an attack (i.e. Scorpion's teleport) needs to go. Those moves are fine for button-to-block games, but they fuck up the flow of back-to-block gameplay pretty severely. Yeah, you can hold "down" to block, but it's a weird requirement. If I have to learn a new way to fundamentally play the game just to combat a single move, that's a problem.

25/25/25/25s: Characters like WoWo had some pretty insane ambiguous high/low/front/back setups. If even the player controlling the character doesn't know how you should block their attack, that's a problem.

Earthshaker: Fuck you, @Eldriken! Any move that must be blocked high-low within a 2-frame gap needs to go! I'm sure they're fine for offline play, but us online warriors can't fight our opponent and input delay if doing so requires 2-frame precision. Hopefully rollback netcode will help alleviate this issue, though.

8/2 and 9/1 matchups.

90-minute stage transitions. Some of those transitions were like those youtube videos that have like 20-second intros. I don't care how cool it looks, buy the 10,000th view, I'm over it.

Batgirl.

[Edit] Oh yeah, and Grab Immunity
Screw that. Bring MB Venom and Earth Shake back in all their former glory.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Honestly I never really got into Bounce Cancels. They looked flashy, but overall I just didn't like them.

I also prefer the block button over holding back, since the game feels based on an MK engine.

Oh and yes, I absolutely hated the Wager system. Every time.