What's new

Strategy THE WIZARDS WARRIORS: Shazam Mains Unite/Strat discussion

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I know I've been contributing slightly to these forums, but I forgot to mention that I'm totally maining this dude. I don't really play online much, but I have some offline friends that all want to take this game as professionally as possible, so count me in and I'll be glad to offer feedback when I can.

Also, Injustice keeps misspelling his name as "Shazam" when it should really be "SHAZAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" for clarity.

Xbl - ATL Wushugushu

Shazam main!

Picked up this game towards the end of last week but I have been loving shazam even though his combo inputs seem to be retarded compared to the rest of the cast that I've played around with offline.

I've only had one mirror match so anyone wanting to practice their match up give me a shout!

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Been maining shazam since the day I got it, I've only had the game for a week & a day though now, I would love some mirrors, there's plenty I want to offer for Shazam so look out.
I made a 52% 2 bar combo (Unfortunately I heard about the 49%(ish) 1 bar combo after posting it).
Also just something you guys should try I feel Shazam crosses over pretty well so you can start full combo with him dead easy, D3, cross over IA2 f22 etc. Feels like this never fails to land, people can't block the crossover in time as they're getting up unless they crouch and then you can just follow that f22 straight into an Achilles clutch.

Video of the 52% enjoy :) I look forward to seeing what he can do.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
anyone else think that Lobo is a rich mans Shazam? i am gutted, lobo is awesome, has the same shazam shit, his command throw hits low AND high more useful mixups...can actually follow them up..meh...better crossup too can do it from point blank

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
anyone else think that Lobo is a rich mans Shazam? i am gutted, lobo is awesome, has the same shazam shit, his command throw hits low AND high more useful mixups...can actually follow them up..meh...better crossup too can do it from point blank
Totally agree hes my definate alt. I like to call a heavy alt cuz ill be useing him a lot.

Karnage

shazam has a better d3...thats about it lol
and actually shazams b2 is the tits...i dont wanna keep hatin'

Karnage

i actually think lobo does have more options, we get a guaranted HM after f22 on hit, lobo doesnt have that i guess. b2 starter is pretty awesome. lobo can end any combo with his hook charge and get a guaranteed command throw unless they wake up. we need to end combos with achilles clutch or atlas torpedo MB to get the guarantee

Karnage

Here I made a little video on what you can punish against Aquaman.

also the process of punishing Trident Rush is really weird, so I created a 2nd video:

good info there mate surprised its that easy!
anyway dudes do we have any tourney footage of shazam? im going to a tourney on sunday(should be streamed) so hopefully ill get some footage there
GGA Fill Pops
EGP Wonder_Chef

CamRac

Noob
I completely agree. After about 5 minutes in training mode, I realized he was what I wanted and needed Shazam to be. Shazam will just have to be my for funzies character until he gets some serious help.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
good info there mate surprised its that easy!
anyway dudes do we have any tourney footage of shazam? im going to a tourney on sunday(should be streamed) so hopefully ill get some footage there
GGA Fill Pops
EGP Wonder_Chef
I haven't been able to use him too much on stream for tournaments but I have these two:

(That was a mini side tournament at NCR)

and this
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/395337812?t=1h42m0s

which was my first Shazam tournament match, it's from WNF

Lobo has more setups but less answers to zoning, the way I see it. Not saying Shazam's answers to zoning are amazing, but at least he has something. Lobo has to not use his most damaging enders and use them on MB hook charge to get in. Besides that, yeah, I agree.

also, i play shazam. I am obviously the best out of all of you other shazams, since i got a 54 win streak with him the day before Lobo's release. Get at me, because I'm not actually a dick and would love some games with other players.

Pretty sure HM comes out considerably faster than lobo's command grab, making shazam a much better punisher.

Also shazam has the equivalent of a high/low mixup at b2 range whereas against Lobo all you need to do is duck.

Karnage

meh...i cant actually be arsed to play shazam anymore. gonna use him at the tourney sunday then im done...he just doesnt have the tools to be competitive imo...if his wake ups were a bit better...footsie wise he is crap, no frame traps that are decent...it sucks but does anyone else feel like this???

Shawi

Noob
meh...i cant actually be arsed to play shazam anymore. gonna use him at the tourney sunday then im done...he just doesnt have the tools to be competitive imo...if his wake ups were a bit better...footsie wise he is crap, no frame traps that are decent...it sucks but does anyone else feel like this???
I only really struggle (my arse off) against zoners and rushdown.
Against Zoners - There is just no way in.
Against Rushdown - They do not need to respect your wakeups because they'll go straight through them

I'm noticing that I need to make the opponent play my game. I need to keep him guessing, not me.

Karnage

I only really struggle (my arse off) against zoners and rushdown.
Against Zoners - There is just no way in.
Against Rushdown - They do not need to respect your wakeups because they'll go straight through them

I'm noticing that I need to make the opponent play my game. I need to keep him guessing, not me.
exactly! we have teleport, its useless. get hit out of on wakeup and there is a very very slim chance of the projectile going through the invulnerable frames of it. it sucks. i can only think of one use and i havnt even tested it is using teleport on a block string to mix it up and go safe.
rushdown - no chance, you wake up you get hit, you block properly and you are at a disadvantage because their strings actually give advantage on block!
yeah. sometimes it feels hard controlling the match up because shazam has no threat from any other distance apart from the b2 range, but again if the player knows this is minus on block then they wont even be afraid.

CamRac

Noob
Pretty sure HM comes out considerably faster than lobo's command grab, making shazam a much better punisher.

Also shazam has the equivalent of a high/low mixup at b2 range whereas against Lobo all you need to do is duck.
Yeah, but the difference is that Lobo's grab is not his primary punishing tool.

Shawi

Noob
His cross overs however, are unreal! So goooood! That is my main tool for unlocking the opponent - so I'll do several point blank cross ups to get a hit and then go into the reset.

The teleport is okay after AC as it crosses over them but other than that I never use it (except when I have the life lead and want to build some meter because shazam can't do anything without that meter lol)

I was just reading this thread http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/fundamentals-of-injustice.29564/page-7 and Colt says:

"couple notes on "wakeups". almost every special move can be done on wakeup. All projectiles and projectile like moves have zero invincibility on wakeup. other moves have variable invulnerability windows but noone has anything over 12 or 14 maybe. Everyone has atleast one "good" wakeup move."

So...what's shazam's wakeup with invincibility? AT? HM/AC?

Edit: Well, well, well. AT, HM and AC all have invincibility frames when used as a wakeup. Why isn't this common knowledge?

AC invincibility seems really short. AT is medium and HM appears to be invincible for pretty much the whole move. Tested with lex's j3, j2, bf2, low jab. Confirmation from someone else would be awesome.

Edit 2 because that's what I do - Even teleport seems to have wakeup invincibility. Unfortunately the invincibility seems to wear off before he goes into the move's regular invincibility, so there is a small window to be stuffed out of it.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I was just reading this thread http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/fundamentals-of-injustice.29564/page-7 and Colt says:

"couple notes on "wakeups". almost every special move can be done on wakeup. All projectiles and projectile like moves have zero invincibility on wakeup. other moves have variable invulnerability windows but noone has anything over 12 or 14 maybe. Everyone has atleast one "good" wakeup move."

So...what's shazam's wakeup with invincibility? AT? HM/AC?

Edit: Well, well, well. AT, HM and AC all have invincibility frames when used as a wakeup. Why isn't this common knowledge?

AC invincibility seems really short. AT is medium and HM appears to be invincible for pretty much the whole move. Tested with lex's j3, j2, bf2, low jab. Confirmation from someone else would be awesome.

Edit 2 because that's what I do - Even teleport seems to have wakeup invincibility. Unfortunately the invincibility seems to wear off before he goes into the move's regular invincibility, so there is a small window to be stuffed out of it.
Used to use Teleport on wakeup, but then players I fought started to use legit wakeup meaty (not all).
Tried AT and its a NO.
do not use AC, haven't tried.

now HM, Very useful to catch melee characters (not jump set up) or just to get away with a meaty projectile chip.

and others might have been already doing this, but on reaction/ opponent jump "floaty". Forward Teleport is very useful, you recover before they get down = punish; d3(best because of range and startup), HM(duh?), etc.
and if guessed wrong you can still catch them (doing strings or holding back) offguard. its a risk but I mean its shazam.

CamRac

Noob
I feel like Shazam is set to evolve into that character that murders most of the melee cast, but dies to all of the zoning and keep away characters.