What's new

Strategy THE WIZARDS WARRIORS: Shazam Mains Unite/Strat discussion

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
Ive seen other character communities start to make threads like this so this could be a place to share future combo strats about Billy Batson. For now feel free to post if you are one of The Earths Mightiest Mortal Mainers, or if you are thinking about him as an alt.

Who will uphold justice and smite evil with all the powers of the gods?
We must bring the down fall of the brutal Egyptian Teth Adam who is not worthy of The Wizard's power.

I am GGA Fill Pops and i am, as some of you know, i am a loyalist since ive been playing Noob Saibot since day one of MK. So i am planning on being loyal to The Wizard and guide Billy Batson to victory!

So post game release i would like this to be a thread where we could all share new tech or strategies i hope this thread helps.
Anyone that wants to be added to The Wizard's Warriors just send me a private message. When the game is released we can share strats, setups, and tech here.

GGA Fill Pops
Mikemetroid
Will
subzerosmokerai
CCVengeance
Khaotic_xShangx
Albo
Insomnicide
B W1zZ
CrazySlasher
MagicMan357
Johnny2d
DaiHuu
Mr_Swizzer
HMD
Leviathan925
Donovan
SHAZAM!!!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
My impressions from the demo:

Shazam is great at getting hit by trains.

Seriously though, I plan to main Shazam so you can add me to the list. I was hyped when the demo video started playing after ladder mode and I saw everyone kicking ass, I was like FUCK YEAH SHAZAM!!!... oh wait why is everyone else kicking ass and Shazam is getting hit by trains :(

Will

Noob
Dude I felt, the same way. But that's why were here. To main Shazam and wipe the floor with everyone online to show them, Shazam's true might.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
Yo guys leave this thread for new strats and tech for when the game comes out. Move discussion has threads already sorry for not saying this earlier. Also if anyone else wants to b added message me.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Shazam is going to be my main, Nightwolf has been my main since I started mk9 till my disappearance in 2011. So of course I gotta stick with Billy Batson himself!

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
I'm not dedicated to maining shazam until I get my hands on the game. But of he does turn out to be as cheap as I've seen and heard then I will main him :)

SZSR

Noob
Since he'll be a grappler can anyone fill me in on the basics of grappling in fighting games? None of the characters in any fighting game i've mained is based on grappling.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Since he'll be a grappler can anyone fill me in on the basics of grappling in fighting games? None of the characters in any fighting game i've mained is based on grappling.
As a grappler you have a tool majority of the cast doesn't have, an unblockable on the ground. This creates tension when playing against a grappler as you're constantly thinking about that 9%+ damage they can do in 1 move. So as a grappler, you want to not rely so much on it, train your opponent to respect you before you start throwing it out there. Cause although it's an amazing tool to have, using it too much, especially when they sniff it out, hurts more than the reward. Though in Shazam's case, one command throw is usually a free juggle after with a MB.

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
Sad to say I peaked at some gameplay but....Yeahhh!, definitely picking him up as an Secondary to my Nightwing.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
This sounds like a dumb question DaiHuu but why do you have to respect the 9% throw?
Free damage is free damage. That's like if you're playing against Johnny Cage and his nut punch was unblockable. It not only leaves you in a bad position, but you start to worry about his nut punch even more because once he shows you that he can do that. You start to worry about blocking on the ground, so you start doing reversals or jumping, or just playing risky all together.

I love command grab characters who arent slow and bulky so I will be trying him out for sure. Hopefully he has the tools needed to be an effective mixup character.

sea_guy

Monitor
After seeing the Captain in action on stream I feel compelled to give him an honest shot, as a co-main at minimum. His combos look hella stylish, and I'm curious to discover how well vortex characters do in this game.