What's new

The Walking Dead, Season 4 Discussion **MID-SEASON MASSACRE** Don't post spoilers!

ruff321

Noob
I can't believe I waited months for an episode that revolves around a character that I hate. Can't wait for next week episode.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Was kind of shocked what happened....think they decided to say hey let's totally change "insert character here" personality lol.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Alright this half-season bullshit is really starting to annoy me. 2 episodes left and we got a ton of filler this season.... err... half-season.
I wish I had waited until the entire series was over to start watching this one.
Really? I happen to love the nice mix of character development and action. I know the majority of people hated the all Beth/Daryl episode, but I loved it! Also, this last episode with Tyrese and Carol...holy shit.

KRYS9984

Noob
Does anyone else find the current season somewhat lacking or is it just me?

Personally, I enjoyed the first 2 seasons because there was good action / character development within the given episodes (Shane was actually my favorite). However, the story began to decline afterwards imho.

There were too many characters introduced in season 3 and it became more of a human vs human (with the possible threat of zombies) as opposed to "Holy ****, there's ZOMBIES"!

As for season 4, not much is going on; it just feels like we're going to get a few good episodes and a ton of filler.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Walking Dead and everything zombie related but I find myself wanted more from the series (and they're not delivering).

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Second half has been wack. 3 episodes in a row without Rick. And episode devoted to beth getting drunk. And a whole bunch of people running around in the forest basically in the same proximity of each other.

The only moments I have enjoyed from this second half was the first episode, the episode wear Rick hides under the bed, and the last episode with Carol. This second half has really shown me which characters I do and don't care about.

Maggie and Glen need to go. They bore me to no end. The only thing that ever comes out of their mouths is love talk. Beth can go too. I'm sorry but 2 years and you finally decide to develop her character, not interested. Super Daryl really bugs me this season, especially his hair. Abraham and his group are cool but they aren't going to be huge factors until season 5. All the best characters on this show are dead. There is no plot this second half.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Second half has been wack. 3 episodes in a row without Rick. And episode devoted to beth getting drunk. And a whole bunch of people running around in the forest basically in the same proximity of each other.

The only moments I have enjoyed from this second half was the first episode, the episode wear Rick hides under the bed, and the last episode with Carol. This second half has really shown me which characters I do and don't care about.

Maggie and Glen need to go. They bore me to no end. The only thing that ever comes out of their mouths is love talk. Beth can go too. I'm sorry but 2 years and you finally decide to develop her character, not interested. Super Daryl really bugs me this season, especially his hair. Abraham and his group are cool but they aren't going to be huge factors until season 5. All the best characters on this show are dead. There is no plot this second half.
What? The last 2-3 episodes have been super hype and full of mindfucks

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
What? The last 2-3 episodes have been super hype and full of mindfucks
Nah, only the carol centric episode has been. The Daryl and Beth, and the one involving maggie, bob and sasha I could have skipped and wouldn't have missed anything other than beth getting kidnapped.

but hey to each his own. I'm a huge fan of TWD but this season has been SOOOO slow. This show is great at one thing and thats dragging things on forever.

They'll get to terminus next episode and then reveal that its not really what it seems. My guess anyway.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Agreed. The show is getting veeeery deep. It has expanded past the thread of just the zombies, its wild.

Anyway.. I think Rick and Daryl are going to have some sort of unfriendly altercation. Idk why, I just feel it.
Yeah! I love this show because it's more than just zombies lol. Sometimes i even forget this show is about zombies, it's hype af

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

Quite frankly, I'm ready for Rick to go. Or get rid of Carl. Or chop off Rick's hand and blow out Carl's eye. I think I am totally in the minority in this but I love all of the filler episodes. This is the first show I have ever watched where I am connected, to some degree, with the entire cast. I even liked the Governor at one time, lol.

I love Beth...but you're right, they waited too long. I suspect she is next.

I love Maggie and Glenn...but they are a little TOO "Romeo and Juliet" right now that it's sickening. Ugh...no one has time for love in a ZA....love needs to go, actually. ;)

I read somewhere or one of my friends came up with an interesting theory in regards to the absence of Rick, in that the creators are trying to ween the audience off of Rick and allow for them to get acclimated to other main characters because Rick may end up dying. Idk...I just can't see him (the main character) ever dying...but I also bet they didn't expect Daryl to be such a fan favorite, either.