What's new

The TYM Ultra-Mega Hitbox Thread

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I was wondering if any of you who use hitbox, or SF style stick could help me out with how to map the buttons? I am having problems figuring out the best place for block. So if you could please list how you map your buttons. Right now I have 1-B, 2-X, 3-A, 4-LT, bl-Y, tr-LB.
is your hitbox already built? or can you change the button layout?

is your hitbox already built? or can you change the button layout?
Thanks for the reply, but I just move the jump button to the left a little, and added a second 30mm on the right side. So I can use both thumbs, one to block, and one to jump. Is that where you were going with that? :)

Heres my layout. The box is a mock up box until I finish my plexi, and mods to the tekken box. BTW pictures don't do these copper buttons justice. In person they look like copper mother of pearl/abolone.

My setup is default, which goes like this

1 2 r1 l1
3 4 r2 l2

I use r2 for block, and I haven't had any problems with this set up.

If you are new to using sticks/hitbox, its going to take a while to adjust.

My setup is default, which goes like this

1 2 r1 l1
3 4 r2 l2

I use r2 for block, and I haven't had any problems with this set up.

If you are new to using sticks/hitbox, its going to take a while to adjust.
Thats the set up I was using too But your r1 is where my block was.

I use the bottom row second button from the left for block.

Top Row - FP (1) , BP (2) , Throw
Bottom Row - FK (3) , Block, BK (4)

I used to use a PDP arcade stick so by using this layout I kept my shortcut buttons the same. IE. FP+FK = Throw and FK+Block+BK = Xray

I use the bottom row second button from the left for block.

Top Row - FP (1) , BP (2) , Throw
Bottom Row - FK (3) , Block, BK (4)

I used to use a PDP arcade stick so by using this layout I kept my shortcut buttons the same. IE. FP+FK = Throw and FK+Block+BK = Xray
Yeah I was thinking something like that too. That way your strongest finger is block.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Here is mine:

I use:
TopRow: 1, Block, 2, Throw
Bottom: 3, Flipstance, 4, Tag

I can't even remember which buttons that equates to on an xbox controller, but having the block button in the middle feels like my UMK3 arcade. This also makes it so X-ray is activated by the middle two buttons (Same as a focus attack in SF). Just so you know you can also activate an X-ray by pressing 3+Block+4, most people don't know that unless they got the pdp stick, or use a traditional MK button layout.

leek

Noob
My setup goes as follows:

2(square) - 4(triangle) - block(r1) - flip stance(L1)
1(X) - 3(circle) - throw(R2) - tag(L2)

just a standard hitbox, didn't make it on my own.

Johnny2d

Hey, you guys with official hitboxes... Have any of you dual modded them? I've been thinking about getting the official hitbox so I can use it when I start going out to tournaments, but I have xbox at home and my friends have xbox so I'm starting to consider a mod on an official hitbox. Thoughts or suggestions would be helpful, I don't know what I would need to get started.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Hey, you guys with official hitboxes... Have any of you dual modded them? I've been thinking about getting the official hitbox so I can use it when I start going out to tournaments, but I have xbox at home and my friends have xbox so I'm starting to consider a mod on an official hitbox. Thoughts or suggestions would be helpful, I don't know what I would need to get started.
There was a guy at Civil War this weekend who does mods and he charged $90 to dual mod the hitbox and did it on the spot. I don't remember his name, but lulzlou had it done by him.

Lulzlou

Noob
Nah, that was Dj's hitbox. I didn't have the money to get it dual modded, I'm broke as hell lol.
There was nothing wrong with it when it was done. Definitely something worth doing if you have the money and are dedicated to the hitbox.

Johnny2d

Nice. I built mine out of some new parts and scrap parts from a pdp te, so I'm not afraid to to do it myself, I just don't know what I need. I would say that $90 is a steep, but I know how much work that stuff takes, its probably a bargain.

aj1701

Noob
Progress!

hitbox-assemblied.jpghitbox-assemblied2.jpghitbox-assemblied-side.jpg

I need to figure out the best way to paint, and I've got some art I need to place. Cali told me to print a screen.... and then I guess I apply and maybe put contact paper over it? Also need to figure out how to get the PCB fastened to the inside. Then I'm all set!

Reactions: eks

Johnny2d

A couple thoughts:

1. Your hand when resting naturally over the buttons shouldn't be straightened out. You don't want to be finger slapping the buttons, you want to be pressing them with the tips. On my first hitbox I made it so they were under my finger tips when they were extended, this was not good. Playing for an hour or so was no big deal, but there are some days where you want to play for longer (for me it turns into whole days) with the fingers straight out, my knuckles and joints hurt like hell after a lot of playing. I re-made my top plate so that my fingers rest over the buttons curved so the finger tip is facing more down at the button, this is much better.

2. Your T-molding will go on there much easier if the corners are rounded.

That thing looks like a beast though. Good job so far, I can't wait to see it finished.

aj1701

Noob
Thanks man. My finger tips won't be fully extended, they'll be resting naturally. I have bigger hands. :) Anyway if it doesn't work the whole thing will need to be redo; its nailed and glued, lol. The corners are slightly rounded, but done such that I won't be having t-molding. Its hard to see in the picture though, I may need to take some better ones.

Thanks for saying it looks good! Problem is my friend built the box, lol. But I was the designer ;-) Did the layout and dimensions and such. I can't wait to finish this thing up!

Johnny2d

Nice. T-molding is a whole other deal so since its nailed and glued and such it would be tough to add at this point. I can't wait to see what you do with it!