What's new

The TYM Ultra-Mega Hitbox Thread

aj1701

Noob
axeman87 Thanks for confirming the issue. I'll talk to my friend and see what we can do. Maybe I can have the pcb on the bottom, and the control panel button wires can be shinkwrapped together to provide more stability to allow for the movement on opening and closing.

I did see your thread already, that stick is fucking awesome, it turned out great!

axeman87

Noob
Thanks mate.

You mean place PCB at the back though right? Not the bottom, as in the base? You dont want to do that :)

axeman87

Noob
Well EVERYTHING runs from the PCB, and in your case you'll have 10 play buttons going to the cover plate , plus with the play buttons being in the middle of the cover plate the wires are in a really bad position for them to be moving. Think of the distance from the PCB to the cover plate when its open.

Much better of having the PCB and play buttons on the cover plate, all fixed with the PCB at the very rear of the cover plate, near the hinge. Then... simply have the function buttons and USB at the rear as well. With the top open, the wires that move will only be 1x USB cable, and 1x function button wire (which you'll shrink together so its just 1 wire). Much neater, much less to go wrong, and with the lid open leaves most of the box empty.

aj1701

Noob
axeman87: Hey, thanks for catching that! I talked to my friend and he hadn't considered it either. So we're gonna nix the lid concept and the inside will be accessible via the bottom which will be screwed on, and he'll nail the middle and top together.

axeman87

Noob
No problem mate.

I almost made a mess of mine, cutting out the hinge grooves on the cover plate and box, before realising very last minute that it wasn't a great idea without the buttons being on the cover plate as well, so glad I could help.

I am very tempted to try it on my new one though.... just to see what happens, but I don't think its worth all the stuffing around TBH. Fixed top is nice and easy and solid. No aligning of the 2 pieces to worry about or the hinges stuffing up.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Ok so I want a hitbox for a few reasons, more presice then the stupid ass Xbox pad, when I do a slide it wont look like dance dance fusion on the side of my screen, IATU will be soooooooo much easier and many more reasons. But to the point.

There for PS3, I play Xbox. So I need a converter right? Well do converters work with sticks/box's? If so the converter I had in mind is the XCM crossfire, which you can check out here. Do you have any other suggestions?

What is your experience with the Hibox if you use one?

Any information and help you can provide is appreciated as always.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Get it dual modded or it doesnt matter what console you play on. can be pricey, but worth it, especially if you plan on attending tourneys.

OR just have it custom made & get it for xbox 360.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Get it dual modded or it doesnt matter what console you play on. can be pricey, but worth it, especially if you plan on attending tourneys.

OR just have it custom made & get it for xbox 360.
How much would you say that would cost, and where/who do I ask to dual mod it?

Would I ask to get it dual modded or would I buy one and then they do, or would It just be all done by that one person/place?

Sorry for the air strike of questions.

Tim Static

Adminerator
How much would you say that would cost, and where/who do I ask to dual mod it?

Would I ask to get it dual modded or would I buy one and then they do, or would It just be all done by that one person/place?

Sorry for the air strike of questions.
I know some guys who do it, but you would have to ship box to them, ship back and with the price of dual modding, its gonna cost you about as much to do that as it is to actually buy a Hitbox.

Look around, ask other Hitbox players where they got theirs, etc. soonk is one that comes to mind because i just saw him & his last night lol

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I did mine myself. If you have a local scene, you could always ask around; there should be at least one guy that can do mods.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I did mine myself. If you have a local scene, you could always ask around; there should be at least one guy that can do mods.
Im also thinkning about just getting the converter then a ps3 controller. Cuz the main reason I was thinking about hitbox was because xbox pad is shit. I know the ps3 is much better. Would you recommend the ps3 controller over the hitbox?

Also I bought a fightstick soon after Christmas, wasn't a fan of the "stick" part of it. Thats also why Hitbox sounds good to me. So im looking to sell the stick, its top of the line, and use that money to get a hitbox. Which route would you recommend. Also anyone else who may happen to read this.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I only use hitbox because it's more natural to me. I'm a pc FPS player, not a fighting game player, so I feel more comfortable having what is the equivalent to a keyboard in my hands. You should use whatever works best for you. Some people swear by sticks, others by pads. Try them all and see which is most comfortable, but understand that the transition will take more than a few days. Give something new at least a week.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I have the lower level converter of the xcm cause i like to use my xbox controller more than anything (i know weird). But ive been playing with it and it works fine.

Contact Hit Box and ask them for a Dual Mod, they will send your Hit Box to J&J Modding, they charge $125, that's where I got mine done. It's great, I like my Hit Box, but, I want to play KoF and other things, I can't be bothered to learn the awkward motions and stuff Hit Box is putting out in their videos just to do techniques for games that aren't MK.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I have the lower level converter of the xcm cause i like to use my xbox controller more than anything (i know weird). But ive been playing with it and it works fine.
Will the converter work with a Mic? I have a turtal beach Xp500 I think. This is my biggest concern with the Converter.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Contact Hit Box and ask them for a Dual Mod, they will send your Hit Box to J&J Modding, they charge $125, that's where I got mine done. It's great, I like my Hit Box, but, I want to play KoF and other things, I can't be bothered to learn the awkward motions and stuff Hit Box is putting out in their videos just to do techniques for games that aren't MK.
$125 for dual mod!!!!! On top of 170!!!!! I got my Qanba fighte stick with top of the line parts and dual modded at a sum of $170.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Will the converter work with a Mic? I have a turtal beach Xp500 I think. This is my biggest concern with the Converter.
The converter makes it where you have to use a wired controller. I just have a play and charge kit on my wireless controller to deal with that. With mine i still just plug in my turtle beaches cause its still my xbox controller. Idk what the deal would be if you are using a ps2/3 controller on the xbox.

Leon

Noob
I can mod, customize, or make any stick or hit box, check out our sticks in the stick thread. "Whaaat", We just made BeerGuyEd and hit box. It was sweet.... Hopefully he will put pics up soon, If he does not we will.
Hey I need to mod my hitbox asap, im going to a road to evo tourney at the end of the month and I use a hitbox. Just yesterday they said they were going to be running all the games with xbox. Im willing to mod my hitbox, I need help though, I have an electrician who will be doing all the saudering, I need a how to though. Snarfulz, if you could lend a hand I would be eternally grateful.

kilnkilagn

Kill-n-Kill Again
Good job. I want to make one for myself, so let me ask you: What kind of wood is that and how thick is it? I see you daisy chained all the grounds on the attack buttons. Did you do any soldering, or do the wires clip/crimp in? I see the PCB has female receptors for the wire harness plugs, but what's that white plastic thing that the wires run into before going to the PCB? And which PCB did you use and from where did you order it? Would I be right to assume those are Sanwa 30mm buttons for the attacks? What about the direction buttons (size, maker). Did you follow a schematic? Does the Start button power up the system, and which console is this for? Tell me all about it, omit nothing!

Good job. I want to make one for myself, so let me ask you: What kind of wood is that and how thick is it? I see you daisy chained all the grounds on the attack buttons. Did you do any soldering, or do the wires clip/crimp in? I see the PCB has female receptors for the wire harness plugs, but what's that white plastic thing that the wires run into before going to the PCB? And which PCB did you use and from where did you order it? Would I be right to assume those are Sanwa 30mm buttons for the attacks? What about the direction buttons (size, maker). Did you follow a schematic? Does the Start button power up the system, and which console is this for? Tell me all about it, omit nothing!
Its a cigar box, and photo box mis matched. The top part is some kinda 3/166 plyand the sides are balsa I believe. Its the top of a prefab photo box I got from a craft store. Thats the most jerry rigged part. The white box is the batterys it is wireless. The wire harness just runs under it. not through it. The guide button starts it (Xbox). I used the guts from a cheap tekken6 stick. The attack buttons are cheap hori buttons. But I am ordering more suimitsu to match the directional buttons And I may get 24mm instead of 30mm for them. I will just make a new top I have multiples of the same (EDIT: Photo Box). I soldered everything. If you are building one from scratch. Focus attack sells multi console PCBs and everything you need. All I had to buy was the buttons, and the stick I traded for with my buddy. Total cost of like $30. It works great so far.

Link to the buttons http://www.focusattack.com/seimitsu-ps14-d-n-k-24mm-screw-button-smoke/

Also when you buy a pcb it should come with wiring schematics. And if you meant the layout I use a T square and compass to draw it out on the box based of of layouts at the bottom of this page http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/layout.html

I used a razor knife and file to form the button holes on the face, and on the side a drill, and file. Witch I should of also did on the face. lol

I was wondering if any of you who use hitbox, or SF style stick could help me out with how to map the buttons? I am having problems figuring out the best place for block. So if you could please list how you map your buttons. Right now I have 1-B, 2-X, 3-A, 4-LT, bl-Y, tr-LB.