What's new

"The truth about E-Cigs...?"

Should E-Cigs be banned in public places?

• Yes

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
If the finding of those chemicals mentioned are true then E-cigs ARE in deed "healthier" than traditional cigs which have the listed harmful chemicals E-Cigs have PLUS tobacco PLUS fibergalss etc etc.

So technically E-Cigs are "healthier" but its been found that E-Cigs are nowhere near "healthy" but again that makes them healthier than Cigs..

The real question is why do they purposely add lead and formaldehyde to both traditional cigs and e-cigs? (this question is retorical because I know the answer already)

Smoke marijauna in its purest form (not with papers or blunts which completely kill the whole point of medicating yourself) if you are actually concerned about your health.

Where I'm from this is not even a debate, it's just common sense. The E-cig comes with various flavors or with "no nicotine" and it's way too appealing for kids and pre-teens. It's supposed to help smokers but in reality it's encouraging kids to start smoking on the false belief that it's not harmful anymore. So we have none of that shit.

Last edited:

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
This is the reason im smoking cigs again and not e-cig vape to tell the truth. They are good for quitting cigarettes, but i wont lie i hit this thing every 20 minutes where smoking cigs was going for 1 every 2-3 hours.... Its an alternative, nothing more. Nicotine is addictive and once your body gets used to getting an outside source of nicotine its gonna be a pain to go without it, thats why you experience cravings, your body has a dependence on it...
Cold turkey is always the answer, if you remove the outside source of nicotine the body adapts and brings your nicotine intake back down to its natural level. People just dont have the will power or self control to give up without some gimmicks, and truthfully the gimmicks defeat the point when youre still getting hooked. I personally would rather cut the bullshit and just smoke cigs.
This sums up my thoughts pretty damn well, I used to smoke and have quit for many years now and I just stopped. E-cigs weren't really a thing when I gave up but there's always been gum and other products to help you out which I think just replaces one habit with another.

On a side note, god I hate how flooded youtube has become with these kind of channels...

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
oh yeah i agree with that butttttt

skip around the video

oh no I agree Alex Jones came off "crazy" in this interview.. He should have used his justified pint up anger in a different way.. He only made Mainstream Media happier with how he acted.

But this interview shouldnt cause you not to listen to what he says.. He predicted the NSA spying 10 years ago and now look . ... So I mean dont close the door on someone for 1 interview..

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
oh no I agree Alex Jones came off "crazy" in this interview.. He should have used his justified pint up anger in a different way.. He only made Mainstream Media happier with how he acted.

But this interview shouldnt cause you not to listen to what he says.. He predicted the NSA spying 10 years ago and now look . ... So I mean dont close the door on someone for 1 interview..

don't get me wrong i do agree with what hes saying. horrible presentation though and the reason why i can't take him seriously. presentation matters. i actually agree with a handful of stuff hes says in general but some of it is just ridiculous

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
LOL at thinking the American Heart Association is trying to "trick" Americans into being healthy or is somehow not credible. Second of all "heart healthy" is neither a health content claim or a nutrient content claim, which are government approved claims on food products that meet certain health criteria, so I don't see how the American Heart Association is responsible for the way subway advertises its' food.

Just remember the study was done by a credible source and that was peer reviewed so you know that all the information they have is given.
So subway foods meet the criteria for a heart healthy label? A label that's on all types of foods that actually aren't heart healthy? 1500mg of sodium in one serving of turkey meets the criteria? lol that's misleading to say the least. Seriously if that was your label would you let subway advertise their food with it?

Also just because it's a government organization doesn't mean there's no bias/special interest involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: TKB

MaceWind

Crazy 88
E-Cigs typically contain 5-6 ingredients: Water, Nicotine, Flavoring, Proylene glycol and vegetable glycerin and sometimes sweetener. . Of these ingredients, propylene glycol, which is used for flavor delivery and throat hit generates the most debate. Propylene gycol is food grade "generally recognized as safe" by the Federal Food & Drug Association. That being said, legislation is being passed to have the manufacturers of the e-liquid come under the FDA guidelines for inspection and labeling requirements.

Personally, I am 100% behind the FDA inspecting these manufacturers to ensure the consumer is getting a product that was developed in a sanitary environment without hidden additives . As for smoking e-cigs in public; I am against laws being passed that try to legislate personal responsibility and behavior if you are not infringing on the rights of others. The question remains, what potential risk does second-hand vapor pose those nearby. There are not enough studies on this. I still go outside because its more of a pain in the ass to explain to people that its vapor and not smoke.

"Your right to swing your arms ends just where the other man's nose begins" ~ unknown author

Also, for those comparing them with cigarettes, here's a partial list of what we know is in them for some light bathroom reading. I'm stopping at "B", LOL.

600 ingredients containing 4000 - 7000 chemicals: I

B

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease

But this interview shouldnt cause you not to listen to what he says.. He predicted the NSA spying 10 years ago and now look . ... So I mean don't close the door on someone for 1 interview..
Dude listening to much of the insanity the Alex Jones spouts is just that insanity. Yeah predicting the NSA issues isn't exactly hard to do, its an easy assumption to even make (I worked in Intel.). This is the same guy that said Ridley Scott's Prometheus movie was about how the Illuminati rules the world. The guy is a conspiracy theorist, that caters to to all other nut cases out there. His Piers Morgan interview, though I understand he did make some valid points about gun control and what not, made all gun owners look really bad to the public and just look up his lil vlog vid about how people in trench coats were following him around after the interview.

The dude is literally the weirdo who thinks aliens are following him given his own radio show. His shit is just entertainment and shouldn't seriously be considered factual... Hell if you believe in this guy look up David Icke he makes Jones look sane...

The failed to mention in that video that most of the ECigs with those chemicals are the cheaply made pieces of shit you get at the flea market and are produced overseas. They also don't mention that a lot of the studies saying ECigs are bad are funded by anti-smoking and/or big tobacco. I've smoked for 15 years and went from 1.5 packs a day to about a half a pack using Ecigs and my girlfriend quit completely. And you know what, if they are not that good for quitting smoking, they're a better alternative.

But fuck it, let's just ban them. Because that's what we do now.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
the saddest day was when the smoking ban came into the uk in 2007,making every pub in England fucking shite.
I would like to quit some day,I did about a year without one in 2006 with patches.if I quit again I certainly won't be walking round with blue electricity flowing out of my mouth like that bitch that gets fucked up by the computer in superman 3.

I dont like how these are so easy for kids to use. Yesterday at my daughters school there was 7 6th graders caught with these things in the bathroom. Thats a problem man. Its too easy for kids to leave no trace with these. So now they smoke more often and earlier than ever before.
^This. Everykid i see nowdays is smoking E-Cigs and theyre not doing it to get them off nicotine theyre just doing it because THEY think its cool. And when i mean "kid" i dont mean like 16 i mean like middle school level

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
I've been smoking cigarettes since I was 17 and i'm 28 now. Bought an e-cig two weeks ago and I can breathe so much better and actually smell things. Keep arguing internet.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Ok first of all, there's a ton of misinformation in this video.

1. E-cigs don't actually help you quit smoking

They aren't supposed to. It's just another alternative to smoking cigarettes. They CAN help you quit. Liquids come in different nicotine strengths. You can slowly switch to the lower nicotine strengths to try and kick the nicotine addiction. You can't do this with cigarettes. All you can do is try and smoke less cigarettes. And let's be serious here... it's cold turkey or get out. I don't plan on quitting smoking. I'm sticking with my e-cig because it's 1000 times more convenient and about 1/5 the price of cigarettes for me.

2. E-cigs contain formaldehyde/lead/glycol.

Formaldehyde/lead - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/05/e-cigarettes-formaldehyde_n_5268780.html

Formaldehyde is NOT put in ecig liquid. SOME ecigs are getting hot enough to cause a chemical reaction that produces formaldehyde/lead. These are specific models of specific brands. It's a manufacturing defect. I'd recommend users look up what they have. If you aren't going nuts on your ecig, it won't get that hot anyway. The problem is that ecig liquid is not regulated by the FDA yet. Once it is, this will not be a concern.

Glycol - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol#Humans

This is used in all kinds of things and is not toxic in small amounts.

3. Cancer causing chemicals

No. Prove it. All they did was say it.

So subway foods meet the criteria for a heart healthy label? A label that's on all types of foods that actually aren't heart healthy? 1500mg of sodium in one serving of turkey meets the criteria? lol that's misleading to say the least. Seriously if that was your label would you let subway advertise their food with it?

Also just because it's a government organization doesn't mean there's no bias/special interest involved.
I probably wrote unclear on the subway thing but let me try again. The words "heart healthy" don't mean have any nutritional value or meaning and are not regulated by anything. Words that do have nutritional "weight" or meaning usually fall into these 2 categories: 1.) nutrient content claims, which describe the nutritional benefits of foods and is strictly regulated by the FDA, 2.) Health content claim, which describe the functional benefits of foods (functional refers to benefits outside of the nutritional content) and is strictly regulated by the FDA. So yeah, the term "heart healthy" to describe Subway is misleading and no one in any discipline of health would consider those words to mean relating to health and neither does any government administration.

Also, throughout this thread lots of people are saying that American Heart Association is part of the government but it is not. It is non profit organization that has gained credibility due it constantly publishing on health issues throughout various academic health journals on issues particularly focusing on cardiovascular disease. I highly doubt they would be willing to risk their entire prestige they have built worldwide throughout the years and put a negative stigma on every single MD who has worked for their organization just to lie and say that E-Cigs have been correlated with cancer causing agents similar to cigarets. Cmon man. that is crazy talk when you think about it. I mean who would even be their special interest group in the study, hell they even stated that E-cigs has shown to increase that chances of someone becoming a smoker, so it cannot be tobacco companies.

So yeah, I do not see what is wrong with just accepting the study at face value instead of coming up with some kind of conspiracy theory that this study was heavily influenced by outside sources.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
And they want the freedom to not listen to you bitch about it

it goes both ways.
Difference being they are endangering my health. Me bitching is not going to affect their health.

Just because there is no proof that e-cigs aren't safe doesnt mean there is proof that they are. I think they should be banned in public places until they definitely have no health effects.

Last edited:

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Difference being they are endangering my health. Me bitching is not going to affect their health.

Just because there is no proof that e-cigs aren't safe doesnt mean there is proof that they are. I think they should be banned until they definitely have no health effects.
That's a terrible way to go about believing things. We don't believe something until there is good reason to believe it. This whole "science hasn't proven they aren't harmful" is ass backwards.

That same reasoning is why parents aren't fucking vaccinating their kids.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I probably wrote unclear on the subway thing but let me try again. The words "heart healthy" don't mean have any nutritional value or meaning and are not regulated by anything. Words that do have nutritional "weight" or meaning usually fall into these 2 categories: 1.) nutrient content claims, which describe the nutritional benefits of foods and is strictly regulated by the FDA, 2.) Health content claim, which describe the functional benefits of foods (functional refers to benefits outside of the nutritional content) and is strictly regulated by the FDA. So yeah, the term "heart healthy" to describe Subway is misleading and no one in any discipline of health would consider those words to mean relating to health and neither does any government administration.

Also, throughout this thread lots of people are saying that American Heart Association is part of the government but it is not. It is non profit organization that has gained credibility due it constantly publishing on health issues throughout various academic health journals on issues particularly focusing on cardiovascular disease. I highly doubt they would be willing to risk their entire prestige they have built worldwide throughout the years and put a negative stigma on every single MD who has worked for their organization just to lie and say that E-Cigs have been correlated with cancer causing agents similar to cigarets. Cmon man. that is crazy talk when you think about it. I mean who would even be their special interest group in the study, hell they even stated that E-cigs has shown to increase that chances of someone becoming a smoker, so it cannot be tobacco companies.

So yeah, I do not see what is wrong with just accepting the study at face value instead of coming up with some kind of conspiracy theory that this study was heavily influenced by outside sources.
I totally understand what you're saying. I was just pretty much going off of what I see in the foods that have the heart healthy check. I think that the aha should put more strict regulations on who can use that label though. When food items that are ultra high in sodium are labeled heart healthy (I know it's based on a criteria) it makes me lose trust in the association. How much credibility can that label have if it's on foods that are actually very unhealthy? If they know the good really isn't healthy (they should) then they shouldn't let them use that label.

I'm not a fan of misleading badges. People probably eat that shit thinking its healthy because of that label.

You seem to be a lot more knowledgable on the whole subject but I'm sure you can agree with what I'm saying here.