What's new

The Trainwreck that is PS3 stick/controller for PS4 Support

d3v

SRK
I wonder what the EVO rules will be for this if it requires a DS4 to hooked up at all times like it currently does for MKX. With only 2 ports, will evo ban legacy controllers if it works like it does in MKX?
Depends.

If they're smart, they'll just have 2 DS4's hooked up permanently to each console for legacy controllers, but have these controllers away from the players.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Can't you just make the ps4 forget all of the bluetooth devices before your match to solve the issue?
Its more than that. You have to worry about battery life on the DS4 and since you only have 2 usb ports, you are kind of forced to use it wirelessly. If its battery dies out mid match, you get booted off ps4.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Has anyone run into any strange issues where if you have multiple controllers hooked up to it, this will cause input delay or lag? For example, instead of dashing, you will just walk or nudge slightly forward. If you press block, it will come out a second later. Sometimes you have to tap the buttons repeatedly in order for the input to register. I've been running into this issue a lot at Ranbats lately with my Hitbox that was modded by @gummo , but am unsure if it's a known or common thing, or because of my controller?

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Has anyone run into any strange issues where if you have multiple controllers hooked up to it, this will cause input delay or lag? For example, instead of dashing, you will just walk or nudge slightly forward. If you press block, it will come out a second later. Sometimes you have to tap the buttons repeatedly in order for the input to register. I've been running into this issue a lot at Ranbats lately with my Hitbox that was modded by @gummo , but am unsure if it's a known or common thing, or because of my controller?

Every DS4 that is synced to a ps4 causes 4 ms of lag. With 2 DS4's connected you are already experiencing half a frame of lag. This is why it is important to remove every bluetooth device not in use from the menu. Even smart tvs, cellphones and wireless mics that show up on that list from time to time.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Any answers for those looking to play in PS4 tournaments but play with an Xbox One controller? I dont want to go purchase a PS4.. and even if I did I would like an alternative to the PS4 controller.

I like the xbox one controller. I also would be open to using PS4 generic 4 button layouts with a more Xbox One style D pad. Any suggestions?