What's new

General/Other - Kitana The training has begun!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
That's true... Kabal style ftw
NRS must be aware of these things in MKX that were a problem in MK9:
Instant air fireballs that also push back.

Characters with no armoured moves, and then some with launching, armoured, safe moves...

Armoured moves that are safe on block, and therefor, repeatable, IMO, armoured moves shouldn't be safe if they grant launches or combos, except X-Rays.

Any parry given to a character shouldn't come at the expense of solid poke advantage and then force the parry for all defence, especially in MK9, were D1's are mid, but not considered mid on parries, so your pokes were taken away...and now you couldn't parry d1's. It actually made me angry.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Reptile looks absolutely amazing. Exactly what I was looking for. If he has a classic costume I would be ecstatic. I probably won't use the invisibility variation much but the unblockable damage and the flash trait ones look right up my alley.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I still don't get why the gave him Flash' trait...what???? I would give him an invisibility variation, an acid variation and a speed variation but not ala Flash.

There is more to the Jade variant than what they showed... right? I thought Jade's moveset in MK9 was great, just not great for MK9. Where is the staff overhead? Does she gain strings that utilize the staff? u3(remember that move before it sucked)?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I still don't get why the gave him Flash' trait...what???? I would give him an invisibility variation, an acid variation and a speed variation but not ala Flash.
I think it will be used very differently from flash. It could be used to amplify his space control even more. I mean it is definitely not what I expected but it is still really cool.

E

Eldriken

I wouldn't even call it Flash's trait. It seems to have to be charged which leaves him vulnerable, so he can't just throw it out there. It also doesn't last nearly as long as Flash's trait.

I'm not 100% sure this will be for extending combos, but perhaps acid ball setups or other various setups. Hell, it might be used for both.

My apologies fellow Edenians. I let you down.

TBH you were looking really good that first round when you were punishing unsafe moves he did. Then you dropped a few combos the next round, then you started just not punishing things all together. I think we can chalk that one up to "tournament nerves". I can see him going the easy route with simple punishes like throws, but youre actually trying to learn the fundamentals that will help you in the long run. Keep at it!

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I think it will be used very differently from flash. It could be used to amplify his space control even more. I mean it is definitely not what I expected but it is still really cool.
I don't know man, to me it looks exactly the same, plus the stinky variation is from Grundy also. I don't hate it but it feels like a cheap copy to me, I would prefer they explore more on the char and give him something original.

Can someone explain to me how to do instant air fans in this game? I tried with the different contoler versions, but it doesnt work for me. I am trying the TK motion mostly

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Can someone explain to me how to do instant air fans in this game? I tried with the different contoler versions, but it doesnt work for me. I am trying the TK motion mostly
I'm using Udf+1, but sliding my thumb diagonally for the fans. You have to do it the moment that you neutral jump (pressing U). It takes more precision than before

Here's a video. Around 0:20 & throughout, is how she does it. She's doing it the moment her feet leaves the ground.