What's new

The Tom Brady Love Thread

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
I had to head home early this morning but I am still hoarse from yelling for Lord Menoutis at FR, only Aquaman I ever want to see succeed

He'd be more love-able if he wasn't so childish on the mic. Instead of talking about the game, and hyping it up he uses commentary as an opportunity to lash out at people who disagree with him or who he considers trolls. It's petty and childish, just play the game. And sorry just because you preface your bashing with "I totally respect so and so" does not validate your flaming.

I think Tom Brady is one of the best commentators in E-Sports even though he constantly cries too much, holds on to grudges like a child and spends more time ranting on his personal vendettas than commentating on the game and the players who are in the match. See what I did there. When you make a general statement then immediately contradict it, you make no sense.

Anyways, fact of the matter is he's a big name in the FGC and he is extremely passionate. That's great for the scene. And to be fair I do think there have been instances where he's been unfairly criticized but not to the proportions he makes it out to be and especially not to the point where he needs to rant every time he's on the mic.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
He'd be more love-able if he wasn't so childish on the mic. Instead of talking about the game, and hyping it up he uses commentary as an opportunity to lash out at people who disagree with him or who he considers trolls. It's petty and childish, just play the game. And sorry just because you preface your bashing with "I totally respect so and so" does not validate your flaming.

I think Tom Brady is one of the best commentators in E-Sports even though he constantly cries too much, holds on to grudges like a child and spends more time ranting on his personal vendettas than commentating on the game and the players who are in the match. See what I did there. When you make a general statement then immediately contradict it, you make no sense.

Anyways, fact of the matter is he's a big name in the FGC and he is extremely passionate. That's great for the scene. And to be fair I do think there have been instances where he's been unfairly criticized but not to the proportions he makes it out to be and especially not to the point where he needs to rant every time he's on the mic.
For any future signers of this thread, these are the posts that we are not looking for. This is not a pros/cons thread. Only positivity.

B Pryme

Noob
Tom is a fucking O.G. he could have killed the hype abusing trident rush but its not his style, his swag made the stream hype good shit to everyone!

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
Love Tom, and I have ever since I first saw him standing his ground with Sub-Zero over the years in MK9. That pop off was fantastic. One of the few pop offs that I felt was deserved. You're the only Aquaman I pull for Tom!!

chugfat

Kwan Doa Crow
I've never met the man personally, but Tom Brady has always been an influence on me to play fighting games and become engaged with the NRS community. Tom's one of the most eloquent speaker's withing the FGC, and has inspired me to write about games and become more closely involved with them.

@Hitoshura He's a Silent Hill fan as well? Now that's just too good to be true lol.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Keep your youtube videos up, Brady. We, your fans, actually like them, and you, and you in them.
Commentator, guide creator, fighting game player, you're S+ in all of them.
Oh, also, you're pretty chill, and are usually only saying rational things.

(Cue one of his two theme songs: either the "I DON'T LIKE YOU" by Revolver or the Sub-Zero 1990s theme song.)

Inevpatoria

Grandmaster of the Close-Mouthed Yawn
Mentioned this in stream chat, but I'll say it again here.

The hype of the KDZ-Brady match wasn't a result of some "I-can-take-you-anytime-for-all-the-cash" narrative. Instead, the match and its feverish, electric buzz speak to the incredible respect we all--as a singular community--have for those two players. They've been "faces," they've been "heels," they've swung on that good guy-bad guy scale like a pendulum, but the truth of the matter is that they are two of--if not THE two--the most celebrated members of the Injustice scene. Saturday was a collision between two titans at the top of their--and our--game. It wasn't a money match or casuals or a first to ten ginned up just to see who would win. It was organic. And because it was a tournament match, it really meant something more.

And it ended exactly the way it should have. Not with fire or insults or desperate pleas to the guy manning the stream tricaster. But with respect. They stood up and they knew they'd turned in a classic.

It was fucking badass. And I'm sure if they played a hundred times they'd split the win totals right down the center. That's what makes the whole thing so great.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
The Sub-Zero brotherhood Grandmaster is now the true King of Atlantis.
Congrats Tom!

Hitoshura

Head Cage
@Hitoshura He's a Silent Hill fan as well? Now that's just too good to be true lol.
Well, I did have the siren from SH2 as a ringtone at one point. It was at a major, forgot which, where Brady, @Dark_Rob, @REO, and myself roomed together. My alarm went off, which also woke up Brady. Brady turns, looks at me, smiles, and says, "Wow, that's your ringtone? That's really cool Hito. Which Silent Hill is your favorite?". Did my heart fill with joy, haha! We then had a long discussion on the game series and the movie. I miss this community.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
I learned how to play MK much better after watching his series with Gooteks. I am a grown man but still a Tom Brady stan!!!

#TomBrady4Lyfe
#SpeakerOfTheHouse

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Everyone riding Tom but he's always trashing people on his site and putting them on blast on every occasion he's had a mic.

It's funny once or twice, but when it's done all the time; it doesn't make the show fun. Without the viewers, Tom Brady would be a nobody. So no matter what people here say about his Aquaman or how good he was in MK, he should be hella grateful that people tune into the show to watch him play and rant.

Somebody who's top 5 in popularity amongst the NRS scene should be a more of a leader than putting down he community that holds him up.

Tom doesn't need a love thread, he needs to takes a chill pill and do what he does best; play video games. The pop off was entertaining but you can't do it forever, it's never a good look.