What's new

The Tierlist is ALMOST Correct

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
LBSH this game is hella underdeveloped all around. I honestly feel like my Kitana is at a 7/10 or something...and that's with me having excellent training partners and there being other top Kitana players to get ideas from.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
People realizing there is more to the game then combos and frame data.
While I agree, a lot of characters frame data has a large impact on their tier placement. i.e if Baraka had better frame data he would be mid tier at the very least.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Guys, keep discussing Sonya. Shit's awesome.
HOORAY FOR SONYA IN TOP 3. Makes me want to buy another PS3 just to improve my execution with her.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
reptile is my second, and he is just horrible. i don't even know how i beat people, maybe it's just those crappy online players though. glad noob is my #1 because he isn't completely terrible.
Jesus christ

I dont care if you main him reptile is good

DJTMIT for god sakes get in here and talk to your community

just reread: YOU SAID NOOB IS GOOD BUT NOT REPTILE

sir GTFO

IM GOING ALL CAPS BECAUSE I WANT TO MAKE THIS MESSAGE NOTICABLE, LIU KANG IS TOP 10!!!!1, I'M SICK OF THE DOWNPLAY HE GETS AND ALL THIS OTHER BS I HEAR ABOUT HIM, WC AND TEXAS ARE THE ONLY REGIONS THAT HAVE EVEN REALLY PUT WORK INTO LIU AND THE RESULTS SHOW: EVO 2011, DENZELL TOP 8 WHILE USING LIU, EVO 2012: XBLADES TOP 8 LIU, MLG DALLAS: I GOT TOP 8 WITH LIU AND MYGOT GOT TOP 16. COMBINE THOSE WITH ALL THE WC TOURNAMENTS AND STUFF, AND THAT'S A GREAT!!! RESUME FOR LIU KANG. SO STOP WITH THE DOWNPLAY AND LEARN HOW TO PLAY HIM AT A HIGH LVL. alright that's the end of my rant haha.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
IM GOING ALL CAPS BECAUSE I WANT TO MAKE THIS MESSAGE NOTICABLE, LIU KANG IS TOP 10!!!!1, I'M SICK OF THE DOWNPLAY HE GETS AND ALL THIS OTHER BS I HEAR ABOUT HIM, WC AND TEXAS ARE THE ONLY REGIONS THAT HAVE EVEN REALLY PUT WORK INTO LIU AND THE RESULTS SHOW: EVO 2011, DENZELL TOP 8 WHILE USING LIU, EVO 2012: XBLADES TOP 8 LIU, MLG DALLAS: I GOT TOP 8 WITH LIU AND MYGOT GOT TOP 16. COMBINE THOSE WITH ALL THE WC TOURNAMENTS AND STUFF, AND THAT'S A GREAT!!! RESUME FOR LIU KANG. SO STOP WITH THE DOWNPLAY AND LEARN HOW TO PLAY HIM AT A HIGH LVL. alright that's the end of my rant haha.
don't forget about shory

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Any character that possesses the ability to one shot you should never be overlooked. I'm shock and appalled that it took the community this long to accept that Smoke and Cyrax have their place at the top of the food chain.
i mean , this CAN BE a good way to look at things, but unfortunately alot of characters with the potential to kill you in one combo have difficulty landing it. If we went by that Cyrax and Smoke would easily be top 2 merely from their resets alone, however when we look at a character such as Zangief or T. Hawk in SSF2T suddenly the damage factor doesn't seem so important. Both characters can administer MASSIVE amounts of damage, yet their ability to connect these type of things are very limited, thus they are bottom tier. Take ANOTHER look at say Zangief in SSF4 or SFA3 and he has changed very little, but is now a top 5(?) character. Obviously higher-damage dealing characters fit much better in MK's meta-game again as a result of merely the way the rest of the cast is played. It's all about how they fit into the cast and really not about singular characters.

Some food for thought to consider are the cross-over/hybrid games and for instance if we were to take Cyrax/Smoke and introduce them into 5 other completely different fighting games, withOUT changing them one bit, no doubt some of the games they would be top tier and some they would barely be viable and so on.

IAFB.....all day :p

if baraka wasn't a slug he'd make cage look silly.
Baraka is a hybrid species, 1/3 PitBull, 1/3 Ankylosaurus, 1/3 Fortress
I hate fighting Baraka, it's like trying to punch a Porcupine standing in front of a bed of NAILS

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I have been saying this for like 6 months. So glad people are proving it at tournies.

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
Sonya is definitely above Kung lao in tier list simple because

Sonya's Main Move= cartwheel (regular and ex) = 100% safe

Kung lao 's main move= Spin = stupidly punishable

and liu is absolutely top 10. If you dont believe so then get off them pills