What's new

The Stick Thread

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Posted pics of my stick a while back but added new stuff to it so lol..

My sff4 te arcade stick. Modified with seimetsu transparent 30mm buttons. Artwork is of Bad Girl from No More Heroes (2nd favorite game ever!) Red Seimetsu 35 mm bubble top, and red transparent 24mm buttons for start and select to match stick. Bottom of arcade stick has stencil art, made by me, of the No More Heroes crash star/infinity star. This sick soon to be cross modded

Snarfulz

Noob
up your game

All hand made, wireless ps3, sanwa and seimitsu, if you like this, wait till you see the one i got in progress.

Snarfulz

Noob
simple button leds, I didnt put a control on them, the button on front turns them off and on. Sometimes it gets old, but if your wasted and its night its always fun. the case is just mdf. routed and sanded like crazy, primed and painted. My new one is going to be sick! cant wait to get it done, lots of work ahead of me. I was thinking about making diy kits and selling them, or even completed ones. Its fun as hell making them, and then beating people to death with them.

thanks for the welcome!!

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
I just have a question. The MCTE has 30mm snap-in pushbuttons on the top and 24mm snap-in buttons on the front, right?

Tremloc

Noob
does anyone here know how to print lenticular art or create it for that matter?

I have a Chun-Li TE-S that has the lenticular panel, which I like, and it would be cool to update it with a MK/Sub Zero lenticular print.

Snarfulz

Noob
Have a sign shop reverse print it on clear, let dry for 24hrs, then put white vinyl on back or spray paint white. The trick is putting it on with no bubbles. If you've never done it you might want the sign shop to do that as well.

Tremloc

Noob
Have a sign shop reverse print it on clear, let dry for 24hrs, then put white vinyl on back or spray paint white. The trick is putting it on with no bubbles. If you've never done it you might want the sign shop to do that as well.
Is this in reference to my question?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
if anyone has the xbox PDP MK stick. could you tell me WTF tool i need to remove the joy stick part of it.

i just changed all the buttons on my ps3 one. not sure what the different names of the buttons are but the major thing i noticed is that the ones that come with the pdp stick have a farther reach to hit that little button. the buttons i have on it now have an almost instant touch to that little button inside. i wonder why they would choose those buttons to install in this stick.. now my xbox stick problem is the buttons and the joy stick. the joy stick is way to stiff and i end up messing up all my left side directions. so i want to replace it but it seems im just spinning and spinning around the "screw" and making no progress in getting it out :( im a little slow in the tools department..

Tremloc

Noob
if anyone has the xbox PDP MK stick. could you tell me WTF tool i need to remove the joy stick part of it.

i just changed all the buttons on my ps3 one. not sure what the different names of the buttons are but the major thing i noticed is that the ones that come with the pdp stick have a farther reach to hit that little button. the buttons i have on it now have an almost instant touch to that little button inside. i wonder why they would choose those buttons to install in this stick.. now my xbox stick problem is the buttons and the joy stick. the joy stick is way to stiff and i end up messing up all my left side directions. so i want to replace it but it seems im just spinning and spinning around the "screw" and making no progress in getting it out :( im a little slow in the tools department..
Is the screw just screwed into the MDF? if so it's possible the hole is stripped so the screw isn't catching on the wall. I don't know how the pdp stick is put together, but try slipping a small blade under there (like an xacto knife) and pushing up while turning the screw driver.

If you can post pics I might be able to help better.

I'm curious... how much does it cost to make your own stick? Just for future reference. I would appreciate if somebody would do this for me, because I have NO clue what I would need. I just want 2 basic estimates of how much it would take.

I want a stick with an MK-layout, a bat type stick, 5 small buttons at the top(for start, select, left trigger, left bumper, and a stick toggle), and regular sized buttons for the buttons I'll be using to fight with.

1.) Let's say that money is no object.
2.) Let's say that I'm on a tight budget

Thanks in advance

Tremloc

Noob
I'm curious... how much does it cost to make your own stick? Just for future reference. I would appreciate if somebody would do this for me, because I have NO clue what I would need. I just want 2 basic estimates of how much it would take.

I want a stick with an MK-layout, a bat type stick, 5 small buttons at the top(for start, select, left trigger, left bumper, and a stick toggle), and regular sized buttons for the buttons I'll be using to fight with.

Thanks in advance
You can do it yourself rather easily. The majority of your money is going to go towards the electronics. So pcb, joystick, buttons, switches. The rest is wiring and particle board, which is cheap.

1) figure out the pcb you want.
2) go to a website like Lizard Lick and pick out your buttons, joysticks, switches, etc.
3) go to radio shack and buy wiring and quick disconnects
4) go to your favorite hardware store and buy MDF.
5) draw up some plans and have fun.

You can do it yourself rather easily. The majority of your money is going to go towards the electronics. So pcb, joystick, buttons, switches. The rest is wiring and particle board, which is cheap.

1) figure out the pcb you want.
2) go to a website like Lizard Lick and pick out your buttons, joysticks, switches, etc.
3) go to radio shack and buy wiring and quick disconnects
4) go to your favorite hardware store and buy MDF.
5) draw up some plans and have fun.
That's the thing... I have no idea what any of that is or means. I have no idea how to do crap

Tremloc

Noob
That's the thing... I have no idea what any of that is or means. I have no idea how to do crap
oh. Well you need a pcb to communicate with your console and/or computer. Are you using ps3 or xbox? If you're using an xbox it's probably going to be a rather large undertaking for someone of your experience without buying a starter stick like the madcatz or pdp that has a 360 PCB already in it.

the joysticks and stuff isn't hard. Find the style that you like.

If you're expecting someone to tell you how to build a stick that's ok, but it would be prudent to do a little research yourself so you understand what I said in my rather high level post.

Poke around lizard lick a bit. Just by looking at the stuff on their website and the pictures, you should be able to get a decent idea of what goes into making a stick.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Check slagcoin and you'll find as good as all your answers on this very (very) detailed site. It sure helped me out a lot, it covers everything concerning hardware and building arcade sticks.

Snarfulz

Noob

Thanks in advance
you can also look on e-bay or other web sites and get cheap sticks and buttons, all happ, pretty much the same thing in the mk9 tournement additon. I even saw groups of two sticks and buttons for like 30 bucks. It all depends on how advanced you want to get.