What's new

The saltiest you've ever gotten in this game? Salty stories!

SZSR

Noob
Just the other night I(as Smoke) was playing a player who was SpecialForcesMK, as you would expect he played Sonya and Jax. I lost almost every game to them, I only got close against Jax when I was learning his tactic but then it became some yomi stuff because it was like this:
Move A: I get a knockdown, he hits me with a dash punch and then grabs me
Move B: I get a knockdown, I duck and wait for the dash punch and poke him out of it with a d4 or d3
Move C: I get a knockdown, I duck and wait for a dashpunch, he rolls backwards, dash punches in and does a jump kick airthrow
Move D: I get a knockdown, I duck and wait for a dashpunch, he rolls backwards, dash punches in, does a jump kick and I do a teleport punch to knock him out of the air
Move E: I get a knockdown, I duck and wait for a dashpunch, he rollsbackwards, dash punches in, dashes backwards so he's a bit out of range, jump kicks and then block while I try a teleport punch which he blocks and I eat a full combo

The fights kept going on like that with me never able to get an edge and I just ended the night by telling my brother "#$%& the Special Forces and #$%& Jax and Sonya!" He was certainly a good player and lag really wasn't much of an issue, but I was infuriated how I couldn't adapt fast and well enough to his counters for my counters. SALT SALT SALT SALT SALT. But ggs to him/her anyways.

Panque

Random foreign guy
You must be terrible at this gameXD "Stop using that character because I dont like the way she is played!" yeah right. Btw I know a ton of mixups/combos with sindel i just dont always use them if I dont have to. Please continue to whine and cry like a scrub when you lose to "spammers" or ZONERS.
Just said I don't even have the game yet (actually, I now do, but im still waiting for my console to ship). Hell, when I told you to stop playing her i meant if being called a spammer bugs you. If you do the same move over and over again, you ARE spamming. If you spam every match, you ARE a spammer. Being a spammer is not necessarily a bad think, and yeah, people who get beat by spammers usually suck, but spamming is still just spamming.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I hit a new high today... I've figured out my salt.

MILEENA. gah. My bones hurt when i play against her. yeah bria.... i mean bryan :p (i am slowly getting better so I really do thank ya)

I think i need a break, but then I come back all sloppy and saltier. This game is an evil mistress.

King

Sig Maker
Here's the my newest salt:

GOOD Cyrax players. I played this guy online today who would turn EVERY punish situation into a 55% combo or a trap. I was salty as hell playing that guy, but at least he was a good player.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Just said I don't even have the game yet (actually, I now do, but im still waiting for my console to ship). Hell, when I told you to stop playing her i meant if being called a spammer bugs you. If you do the same move over and over again, you ARE spamming. If you spam every match, you ARE a spammer. Being a spammer is not necessarily a bad think, and yeah, people who get beat by spammers usually suck, but spamming is still just spamming.
Alright I see your point. I do spam on occasion with her when I dont have to do anything else which doesnt bother me. What does bother me is when people say JUST because i play Sindel I will automatically spam. Usually I try her mixups/low pokes/ and step up punishers but everything i do seems to be "spam". Sorry If my responses were harsh I get a little touchy on this subject. XD

Dark_Rob

Noob
Actually there is no such thing as spamming. Its is a made up word who's definition changes to suit the person using it. People use the word spamming to desribe any tactic they see being used that is effective. Is Ryu spamming when hes firing off Hadokens from full screen? Nonsense. hes controlling space while building meter. Is Liu Kang spamming when hes rushing you down with B3,1,2? Of course not. Its one of his optimal strings in his rushdown game and hes also building meter while you block.
Is Subzero spamming ice clones when after every combo in the corner he drops one to trap you? No. Thats what makes him so beast in the corner.
The word spam isnt far removed from the word cheap in that they have no real concrete meaning and no place in competitive fighting games.

Panque

Random foreign guy
Alright I see your point. I do spam on occasion with her when I dont have to do anything else which doesnt bother me. What does bother me is when people say JUST because i play Sindel I will automatically spam. Usually I try her mixups/low pokes/ and step up punishers but everything i do seems to be "spam". Sorry If my responses were harsh I get a little touchy on this subject. XD
NP dude, should have explained my point on my first post anyway. Thanks for making an effort and reading my post, doesn't happens often.

Dark_Rob said:
Actually there is no such thing as spamming. Its is a made up word who's definition changes to suit the person using it. People use the word spamming to desribe any tactic they see being used that is effective. Is Ryu spamming when hes firing off Hadokens from full screen? Nonsense. hes controlling space while building meter. Is Liu Kang spamming when hes rushing you down with B3,1,2? Of course not. Its one of his optimal strings in his rushdown game and hes also building meter while you block.
Is Subzero spamming ice clones when after every combo in the corner he drops one to trap you? No. Thats what makes him so beast in the corner.
The word spam isnt far removed from the word cheap in that they have no real concrete meaning and no place in competitive fighting games.
I know what you are trying to say, and agree for the most part. But i have my own definition of spamming (as everyone seems to), and It's in the post you just quoted. Please note I've said "Being a spammer is not necessarily a bad think(g)"(Sorry for typo), and SFIV's ryu was what I had in mind. Of course my definition isn't universal, but I think it is a lot like your thought on the subject. But instead of negating the existence of spamming, I say it is a part of the game, not necessarily a good or bad one.

Dark_Rob

Noob
I know what you are trying to say, and agree for the most part. But i have my own definition of spamming (as everyone seems to), and It's in the post you just quoted. Please note I've said "Being a spammer is not necessarily a bad think(g)"(Sorry for typo), and SFIV's ryu was what I had in mind. Of course my definition isn't universal, but I think it is a lot like your thought on the subject. But instead of negating the existence of spamming, I say it is a part of the game, not necessarily a good or bad one.
My problem with the word is as you just said, everyone has they're own definition of it. When a word can be made to mean anything you want it to, then the word itself is meaningless. Competitive players will almost always take the most efficient route to victory. If they see the same move or set of moves working for them time after time it is only natural for them to continue using that tactic.
To downplay the player by simply dismissing him as a spammer shifts the responsibility away from the player who lost to "spamming" and places it upon the player who won. This player then gets labeled as being a "spammer" or "lame or "cheap" or any number of other terms Ive heard. Meanwhile all he did was what he was supposed to do, which is win.
The whole thought process behind words such as these is backwards to the very idea of what competitive fighting games are about.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
My problem with the word is as you just said, everyone has they're own definition of it. When a word can be made to mean anything you want it to, then the word itself is meaningless. Competitive players will almost always take the most efficient route to victory. If they see the same move or set of moves working for them time after time it is only natural for them to continue using that tactic.
To downplay the player by simply dismissing him as a spammer shifts the responsibility away from the player who lost to "spamming" and places it upon the player who won. This player then gets labeled as being a "spammer" or "lame or "cheap" or any number of other terms Ive heard. Meanwhile all he did was what he was supposed to do, which is win.
The whole thought process behind words such as these is backwards to very idea of what competitive fighting games are about.
Perfect way to explain it, Bravo!

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
My saltiest moment was when I fell on a guy called FrogGirth. He had some crazy ass stats (ranked 50th on player match I believe) so I was sure I was gonna get my head handed to me. But no, I kick his ass in two rounds and he PULLS on me. The fucking guy disconnects. So I send him a message saying: "You pulled against a noob, that's sad man..." and he responded by literally spamming my PSN inbox with "lol" messages (like 50 of em or something). I still fall on this guy almost every night trying to find random opponents and always refuse to play him now. Did anyone else notice most players with crazy stats suck or pull?

blues686

Black lantern
Did anyone else notice most players with crazy stats suck or pull?
i do notice some refuse to play me since my stats are close to theirs online. even some with a record similar to my own decline matches. guess some are scared for an actuall challenge and they prey on the beginner chat rooms.. smh

Reedoms

Noob
My saltiest moment was when I fell on a guy called FrogGirth. He had some crazy ass stats (ranked 50th on player match I believe) so I was sure I was gonna get my head handed to me. But no, I kick his ass in two rounds and he PULLS on me. The fucking guy disconnects. So I send him a message saying: "You pulled against a noob, that's sad man..." and he responded by literally spamming my PSN inbox with "lol" messages (like 50 of em or something). I still fall on this guy almost every night trying to find random opponents and always refuse to play him now. Did anyone else notice most players with crazy stats suck or pull?
I believe theres a glitch to get everything at 1000.
I've seen people with 1k wins losses and disconnects.

Actually, I think the 1000 glitch only applies when the person challenges you, and the chatroom has not loaded their name onto the list yet.

Warplay

Noob
The things that make me rage most is the lag in the game at important times or button delay against people with bad connections. I'm talking the kind of button delay where you can't even land a drop punch or it straight drops your block command. That'll usually get me blurting a few profanities, but that's as salty as I get really.

not really me being salty but somebody i played which happened about an hour ago:

i for some odd reason decide to go online ( big mistake btw) and join a room, the first few matches where so bad it took 3 seconds to get over to reptile so i leave in the character screen and move on. i decide to let somebody challenge me and get a guy who is 20- 0, i figure what the hell it would be funny to be his first lose so i accept. I decide to use Shang Tsung to see if he is usable online or not or if he will be a strictly local character for me while he picks raiden ( oh boy instant teleport.) first match goes by and he gets destroyed, for some reason he chose not to teleport against me and ended up getting skull trapped all throughout the round ( my ego +1). We rematch and he changes over to Kitana ( yay 58% fan combos) fortunately i've been toying with kitana so i keep using soul steal and absolutely decimate him ( my ego+2). I normally leave after the second win and play best of 3 but i figured what the hell free wins for me. i go back to shang and he does the hidden cursor which turns out being scorpion ( this didn't surprise me actually) and yet again he gets skull trapped to death ( my ego +3). figuring he is bound to leave by now he rematches yet again and goes back to raiden, which ends up being a repeat of round one and me getting another win ( my ego +4) at this time my ego has gotten huge as i just beat this guy 4 times and ruined his undefeated streak so we rematch again and he picks with hidden cursor, i expected it was scorpion again and choose to use my main Reptile. the match loads and i have Kano staring me in the face ( expect nothing but knife spam and up balls) needless to say i was right and get spammed to death in round 1. round 2 i come back and destroy by deciding to abuse forceballs and acid spit to give him a taste of his own medicine. round 3 comes along ( my damn ego gets in the way) and i decide to rush in and start showing off, so it comes down to the wire and he catches me with an xray ( my ego - 4). after losing 4 times in a row he decides to do a fatality and leaves when i offer rematch, i figure whatever it's my 1 lose versus his 4 loses so who cares about him leaving. i decide that i'm done with online and go back to training to improve my timing then i recieve a message, needless to say this was a well typed( not really) message of pure hate, saying things like " shang is a spamming pu$$y" and how i was a f@g things like that. i decide to use my anti troll tactics and thank him for the feedback to improve my shang ( nothing pisses off trolls more than thanking them). needless to say he responds with more hate and i thank him yet again all the while i'm laughing my ass off. he sends one more message and i decide to go along with it and troll him back sending 4 messages all giving him advice about each character he used.

i have yet to receive a response message but once i do i'll let you know what it says.

I played against him a while ago, handed his ass to him, he d/c's. Avoids me like the plague for about a month. Finally accepts my challenge last week. I hand him his ass with my Tsung, raiden, and kung lao. Turns out the guy has a decent sheeva. Tried other toons against him during some salty messages while being calm and trying to encourage him as it being a learning experience. He whooped on a few of my lesser known toons. It gave him courage, and since I was being nice he stayed. I switched back to my tsung/raiden/lao and beat him bad. He leaves, but adds me as a friend. I see him on the next day and we pull each other through random. He picks Ermac, I get lao. I go beat with thos 40% unbreakable combos, just couldn't get my groove in that game. left me rather salty, but sometimes shit just doesn't go your way. After his momentous 1 battle victory he leaves me a message saying he has to go, guessing he wanted to jet after his 1 win. Proceeds to take me off friends list after it too. Have not seen him since. He's mad salty, best to avoid him. he coudl be a decent player, but he has a really shitty attitude.

80% of the leaderboards are frauds. The majority of people I've fought with 3000+/<1000 win/loss records will disconnect as soon as they start to lose. One guy quit on me in the first round of the first match we played as soon as I froze him with Sub-Zero.

As if that isn't bad enough, most of these people won't even accept to fight me (600-150 w/l)

These two things really annoy the sh1t out of me.

80% of the leaderboards are frauds. The majority of people I've fought with 3000+/<1000 win/loss records will disconnect as soon as they start to lose. One guy quit on me in the first round of the first match we played as soon as I froze him with Sub-Zero.

As if that isn't bad enough, most of these people won't even accept to fight me (600-150 w/l)

These two things really annoy the sh1t out of me.
This is true, I have a very good record. I however am not a very good player. I can do some combos but I get really predictable. Win/loss means nothing.

This is true, I have a very good record. I however am not a very good player. I can do some combos but I get really predictable. Win/loss means nothing.
Same here.

It really amazes me how these people think though. They can show off all they want until it comes time to fight and then they're caught running with their tail between their legs and there's not a damn thing we can do about it. Tis life lol.

I don't get salty. I make my opponents salty! /troll

In all seriousness, I rarely lose my cool. If some dude destroys me with all of his mixups, 40% combos, etc., I tend to just gape in shock and admiration. I feel no shame in getting whooped by someone who's way out of my league. I try to learn something from it. I get irritated with players who spam the same techniques over and over again, i.e. teleport and superman, or ground hat, dive kick, spin. It's boring to play against and I can't imagine that it's very fun for the scrub. I remember I once fought a Sheeva online. I was hoping he'd show me something new but alas, it was not to be. Stomp, uppercut. Stomp, uppercut. Stomp, uppercut. The first time I thought, "REALLY dude?" When he won the round I growled, "Oh you son of a bitch." But I downloaded him and destroyed him.

I get the saltiest toward myself to be honest. "DAMN! Why did I do that?! CRAP! How could I drop that combo?!" One thing really makes me furious though: lag. If I had a nickel for every time my Sub Zero has unintentionally done a standing 4 or crouching 1, I could by myself a nice steak dinner.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I get angry as shit when I play online against people who use really OP/Glitchy things.

For instance using things like a Bomb Trap that was once removed. Using Freddy Krueger and doing 60% combos with 1EX. Things that I see in my eyes as OP. I get mad when in this game I can't jump over things unlike the old ones where I could easily jump over cyrax's net, or kabal's spin. I get salty as shit when people message me, that is so rude and annoying. I get frustrated with the terrible balancing in some characters, like sometimes I feel like If I don't have some sort of hat/mask I'm screwed.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Just lost to Kung lao because I took around abour 20%+ from one round alone in the 21212 strings chip damage.

I seriously hope Kung lao gets nerfed to as bad as pre-patch baraka.