What's new

The remaining character reveals: Let's play the logic game.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I think Reiko is in 100% I even think he is the big bad.

-in the comics
-"nex gen" of Shao Kahn
-hasn't been revealed yet/talked about
Shinnok, Reiko, and Fujin were my favorites in MK4. I'd love to have them all back, but any of the 3 will suffice.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Edit: My personal thought on who the remaining 11 playable characters are.

Liu Kang
Mileena
Nightwolf
Shang Tsung
Fujin
Shinnok
Bo Rai Cho
Jacqui
Erron Black
Takeda
Another New character
I disagree with a few.
Shang doesn't make too much sense. No sindel either.
I just don't want Nightwolf back tbh

Mileena I also doubt, probably the lovechild of her and Reiko.

Fujin will probably be in, but he won't live long in the story. So even then, I'm unsure that he isn't just going to be a plot device.

Bo Rai Cho is another one I'm iffy on, since his appearance in the series was sparked due to characters who, as of now, are either dead or evil... Or old. Also I don't think he really fits the new brutal feel considering how goofy his moveset is.

Erron Black. Something tells me he is the new Galaxor. I don't buy into it quite that much, but I guess every good boss character needs lackeys.

My 11:
Liu Kang
Shinnok
Jacqui
Takeda
Forest Fox (I doubt we've seen the last of him)
Kenshi
Mileena and Reiko's love child
Erron Black
Cyrax
Noob Saibot (because whats a MK game without the Tobias Boon?)
New character

Hehateme

Noob
I disagree with a few.
Shang doesn't make too much sense. No sindel either.
I just don't want Nightwolf back tbh

Mileena I also doubt, probably the lovechild of her and Reiko.
What? One panel is enough to convince you of a love child? Did you miss the part about Mileena fighting Kotal for the throne? Also their love child wouldn't even be an adult.

Ac3s777

Noob
MK9: Liu Kang, Kabal, Skarlet, Millena, Sonya/Jonny Cage, Cyrax, Sektor, Rain.
MK:SZ: Sareena
MK:SF: Tremor (only because he was replaced by Sareena in MKA and the Skarlet in MK9)
MK4: Fujin, Shinnok, Reiko, Tanya.
MKDA: Bo Rai Cho, Mavado, Kenshi
Frost (if she doesnt die in the comic)
MKD: Havik, Hotaru,(most pop of the MKD cast)
MKA: Daegon (comic mostly)

MKX HQ: Takeda, Erron Black.
MKX Rumors: Kung Jin, Salazar.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What? One panel is enough to convince you of a love child? Did you miss the part about Mileena fighting Kotal for the throne? Also their love child wouldn't even be an adult.
Characters appear, doesn't mean they are gonna be part of the battle. Yeah, one panel.

After all, Sonya is there, but she probably won't be in it.

Noob
There are a number of unresolved characters and characters who survived, as well as characters not formally introduced into story mode:

Unresolved:
Sektor
Cyrax
Noob Saibot (Bi-Han)
Shinnok (teased at the end of MK9)

Survived:
Raiden (In)
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Scorpion (In)
Ermac (In)
Reptile (In)
Mileena (Teased in comic)
Kano (In)
Baraka
Sheeva
Quan-Chi (In)
Goro (In)
Kintaro

Not Directly Involved in Main Story: (so assumed to be alive)
Kenshi (Teased in comic)
Skarlet
Rain

Dead:
Sub-Zero (Kuai-Liang)
Liu Kang
Kung Lao (In)
Sindel
Kitana (In)
Jade
Nightwolf
Smoke
Jax
Stryker
Shang Tsung
Kabal
Shao Kahn

Ok, so lets start with the Netherrealm war:
I'm speculating that it's actually between Quan-Chi and Shinnok.
-Quan Chi gives Shinnok a duplicate of his amulet, keeping the original for himself.
I believe this war was over who will rule the NR, however, it may also have to do with the amulet. This could also get Onaga involved because:
-The amulet was once held by Onaga, who has an innate power to raise the dead. This could explain the return of resurrected characters.
-Quan is controlling the "dead" characters' souls, I guess that explains the zombie look in that scene in MK9. With the return of Kung Lao, he somehow was resurrected and his soul freed. This leads me to believe that Quan did NOT resurrect. Shinnok or Onaga maybe?

Character speculation:

Sub-Zero:
When playing against Scorpion:

Scorpion
: Murderer...
Sub-Zero: I tire of maintaining our innocence.
Scorpion: I will relieve you of your burden!

This leads me to believe that Sub is either Bi-Han or a new Sub. The line "I Tire of maintaining our innocence", to me, implies that "our" refers to the LK and the vision shown to Scorpion by Quan in MK9 of the LK slaughtering his clan and family. In MK9, Bi-Han says to Scorpion that it was not him that did it. We know through numerous storylines that it was always Quan who did it. By saying "I Tire", it implies to Scorpion "This is getting old already". Lastly... no scar. Sub is either Bi-Han or a new Sub, but my guess is that the Soulnado, just like it had done to Scorpion in the past, ripped Bi-Han out of Noob. If noob exists anymore, I don't know, but I think SZ is Bi-Han.

I'm still at work. If anyone wants me to do more speculation, let me know and I'll do my best.

NKZero

Noob
Characters I think have a reasonable chance of being in:

Shang Tsung - I can't see why he would be in other than that leak, and we don't know how accurate that is. Still a more decent chance than others.
Mileena - I reckon she will have a large role in the story especially as she wasn't killed (but that doesn't matter anyway). Definitely could have something to do with the throne and Shao Kahn's demise.
Fujin - appears in the comics. Not knowing whether Raiden is definitively good could open the doors for Fujin to take over as Earthrealm protector or something.
Erron Black - time for a new character. Appears in the comics.
Liu Kang - major MK character. A game without him would seem weird. Also heavily tied in to the Raiden story and who knows what side he'll take and which direction his personality will steer into.
Shinnok - appears from the MK9 story ending as though he has a big part to play coming up. Definitely appeared to form some sort of alliance with Quan Chi. Could be the 'big bad'.
Kenshi - appears in the comics. Wasn't given an opportunity to feature in the MK9 story so he may have a role to play here.

Outside characters: Sektor/Cyrax/Both, Tanya, Reiko, Takeda, Jacqui, Onaga, Havik/Hotaru/Both

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I just cannot fathom why NRS would have that ending with Shinnok, and then completely leave him out of the game. He'll be in there, even if he's not playable.

Boon did state that the main antagonist is a surprise character from a previous game. If we knew who that was we could speculate much further. Once the story is revealed these educated guesses would dramatically narrow. That's why they arent telling us yet.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I wonder if we could make a list of even 5 characters that we could agree are definitely going to be there. Let's try.

1. Liu Kang
2. Fujin
3. Mileena
4. Shinnok
5. Bo Rai Cho (I just got a feeling they're going to take this character and redeem him. Drunken Master without the bullshit. I GOT A FEELING)

Reactions: TKB

Mst

Noob
Mileena, Liu Kang, Shang Tsung (or one of Cyrax/Sektor)
Fujin, Tanya, Shinnok +1 MK4-MKA Character
Takeda, Jaqui +2 other new Characters
Sonya, Cage, Noob, Smoke, Cyrax/Sektor, Jade + Guest and one MK4-MKA Character (DLC)

24 Characters Main Roster (8 new Characters + 4 which were not in MK9) + Goro + 8 DLCs

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Lets play the logic game, here is one:

"Hey Boon, lets make a new char in MKA, lets not add him in MK9, lets make a new char for MK9 instead, lets not add him in MKX! despiting the char having a good background to be anything we like."

I now have a quarrel with you.

Fuck logic, give me Skarlet so i can see the sun shine again.

Honestly.. it's a fighting game... Who the F cares about story lines and what makes sense.

Don't have kenshi or tanya or havik.... because they are f'ing stupid characters. have mileena, cyrax, sektor, smoke... because they are not f'ing stupid characters.

seriously... I don't think bowser shuud be in mario kart or any other mario game cuz he fell in the lava in super mario brothers for NES.

TKB

Noob
I wonder if we could make a list of even 5 characters that we could agree are definitely going to be there. Let's try.

1. Liu Kang
2. Fujin
3. Mileena
4. Shinnok
5. Bo Rai Cho (I just got a feeling they're going to take this character and redeem him. Drunken Master without the bullshit. I GOT A FEELING)
I will be so happy if Bo Rai Cho makes it in. He's the character I want most.. I like your optimism

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Somebody said it earlier, and I had been thinking the same...

When I heard Kotal took over after Shao Kahn but was dethroned, and that the boss was a surprise returning character... Reiko is who I thought of.

I could see him replacing Shao Kahn like was always hinted at then kicking Kotal out. Been wondering if something happens and he gets beasted up kinda like Blaze did from MKDA to MKA.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

1. Liu Kang
2. Fujin
3. Mileena
4. Shinnok
Is this meant to be in any particular order? Because, I feel like one of the robots is a much safer bet than taking a chance on a washed up 3D character (from NRS's perspective). And this is coming from somebody is usually the voice of reason when it comes to BRC's or Fujin's reboot potential.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade are protagonists.
Cassie Cage is a protagonist and their daughter.
It will not give you the option to kill your parents or your daughter on this game when they are both protagonists.
Except they already said that didn't matter, and it's not like MK9 - or any other games before it - shied away from letting Sindel kill Kitana and Mileena or vice versa.

1. Liu Kang
2. Fujin
3. Mileena
4. Shinnok
I'd rather not have Bo Rai Cho, but NRS have a hard-on for him so I can see all of these guys making it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
If it is GOT style than maybe there isn't just 1 big bad but really 3-4 potential bosses depending on which faction you choose or simply per character.

A lot of my guessing was based on the "more than 50% of the cast" comment, but I guess that's no longer true from my research, which is a shame because that's one of the big things this game had going for it. NRS seems to have learned how to make good characters(mostly) so seeing what they could do was something I was looking forward to.