What's new

The Power Nth -- Hawkgirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovu

The Crownless King
Dunno if this has been discussed (or even useful for that matter), but I noticed with certain interactables that you have to jump up and reach, Hawkgirl can simply go into flight and press the interactable button even when she's no where near it, but as soon as she touches one she'll automatically use it.

Cool man thanks. Also, whos that guy in your profile picture? I use to watch that show when I was a kid but I could never remember what it was called.
Reboot

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Cool man thanks. Also, whos that guy in your profile picture? I use to watch that show when I was a kid but I could never remember what it was called.
NP, I honestly think the matchup will be pretty hard once DS players learn that he's decent up close. This guy is simply called Bob, from Reboot :) I think it's available for instant stream on netflix.

CamRac

Noob
Slightly disappointed :/.
Lack of mixups, lack of okis, lack of good combos, lack of "OH MY GOD BLOCK HIGH BA GOT NO LOW".
Meh, I know. I posted it before watching it, and I was pretty disappointed, as well. Watching Mustard's Bane was actually really entertaining.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Boo is still da bes Hawkgirl right now. He's my fave HG to watch coz I always learn stuff from his footage, especially that his style is very similar to mine.
No offense to Runway and the others obviously lol. just that I dont see anything different from what I do there and/or they play in a different style (eg: Runway plays alot more zoney than me).

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Boo is still da bes Hawkgirl right now. He's my fave HG to watch coz I always learn stuff from his footage, especially that his style is very similar to mine.
No offense to Runaway and the others obviously lol. just that I dont see anything different from what I do there and/or they play in a different style (eg: Runaway plays alot more zoney than me).
Stahp, you're making me blush. :oops:

(JUST AS PLANNED :joker:)

CamRac

Noob
Boo, we need you to make a guide, so that we can learn to run at people and hit them in the face more efficiently! Plsthx

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Boo, we need you to make a guide, so that we can learn to run at people and hit them in the face more efficiently! Plsthx
d1 we3 d1 we3 d1 we3 mc repeat

There you go, you're now the best Hawkgirl player of earth :joker:.

Okay I'll be honest, I think a general guide for Hawkgirl is not something that's gonna help. This character is just WAY too matchup specific, so we'll have to make guides against each character.

Sure, there are general stuff that works against every characters, like not using 123 as a starter, or learning to control flight properly and to use air mace charge to reduce your hitbox.

...AND I WANT A TICKET TO EVO ANYWAY WHY DO I LIVE IN FRANCE WHY DOES IT COST SO MUCH ;_;.

regulas

Your Emporer
I'm wondering what could be the best skin possibilities for her... Classic? Earth-2? Elseworlds Brown-Bikini?

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
I'm wondering what could be the best skin possibilities for her... Classic? Earth-2? Elseworlds Brown-Bikini?
Pics please, I've never read comics so I don't know what Hawkgirl looks like outside of her two outfits in injustice and her outfit in justice league.

CamRac

Noob
d1 we3 d1 we3 d1 we3 mc repeat

There you go, you're now the best Hawkgirl player of earth :joker:.

Okay I'll be honest, I think a general guide for Hawkgirl is not something that's gonna help. This character is just WAY too matchup specific, so we'll have to make guides against each character.

Sure, there are general stuff that works against every characters, like not using 123 as a starter, or learning to control flight properly and to use air mace charge to reduce your hitbox.

...AND I WANT A TICKET TO EVO ANYWAY WHY DO I LIVE IN FRANCE WHY DOES IT COST SO MUCH ;_;.

Awwwwww, BooBooPls! I'm sorry you can't get to EVO - it's definitely something worth experiencing if you ever get a chance.

And yeah, you're right. It'd be nice to just work together to flesh out a matchup thread.

regulas

Your Emporer
Meh, not really fond of this one.
Ya I know and there are no good pics either but it is a different costume. A few other possibilities:

Metal version (although she already has alternate):

Thanagarian Police type from cartoon:

JL cartoon version and Original:

Also there is an ancient Eygpt version that looks awesome but can't fine a pic

Espio

Kokomo
Her Earth 2 costume looks the most unique of all of them, love her jacket, the mask I love...wish her primary had the shape for her mask and the divergent color scheme is awesome.

I'd like to see an unmasked alt too possibly.

Airborne

The Mad Scientist
Ok, so I have another random tech idea I'd like for everyone to explore:

Was messing around in training mode trying to find midscreen setups for WE(2) cross-ups on knockdown and found what I think may be an ambiguous cross-up on knockdown. The issue is that the setup changes when the opponent does a roll tech (and it's like 9-10% less damage off of a WE(2) hit midscreen).

WE(2) *Neutral Jump* *Instant Heavenward Stomp (D+3)*

From here, provided they don't roll tech, you can simply jump forward and j.1 and the side it hits on changes based on when you time it. However, with roll tech, you need to dash up to their body and then jump forward j.1. Basically, this also shows that we can get an ambiguous j.1 on wakeup midscreen if they roll tech when they're right next to us on knockdown, but I'd like to explore this option more since I'd rather not spend the rest of my time on Injustice crossing up with an unsafe j.3 or Heavenward Stomp.

I tested this on Joker, so if I make some more progress on this setup or discovering new ones, I will test it on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.